This question is for the wealthier SS members

davidsonj73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For those of you who are business owners or other financially successful professionals: how do I socialize with other business owners at parties where everyone is drinking and making business deals, if whenever I drink I drink too much? Will they understand if I don't drink but still want to make business deals? According to a video by Coach Red Pill, no one will want to make deals with me in this situation! Is this true?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink watered down drinks or 'Mickey Mouse c0cktails' without alcohol.

davidsonj73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@AmsterdamAssassin @AureliusMaximus Do you think they would be ok with me drinking non alcoholic beer? Do you think they would serve it at these parties? Also, should I not mention to anyone that I am an alcoholic? Would that be considered shameful, or ok?

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pour the non-alcoholic beer in a normal beer glass and who is to know there's no alcohol in it? They won't sip from your beer.

And you shouldn't talk about yourself anyway, no reason to disclose any reasons for not drinking alcohol.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Will they understand if I don't drink but still want to make business deals? According to a video by Coach Red Pill, no one will want to make deals with me in this situation!
Business deals with a male stripper?

I want to start my own business as a male stripper and was wondering where to advertise my services?

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cliche but you really just need to be confident in your decision to not drink, and be someone who can hold their own and be interesting in conversation without alcohol. Truth is even in the upper level of the business world, a lot of people drink at events as a crutch to be more open and conversational.

It's incredible the number of corporate golf events or charity galas I've been at where executives are very reserved and almost timid in conversation at the beginning of the event, but by an hour in are as social and talkative as can be.

I think the stigma of not drinking in the business world has declined a lot over the last decade or so. Most businesspeople you'll run into really won't care, as long as you can be naturally sociable and fun to be around. I don't even recommend mocktails or "non-alcoholic beer" (honestly drinking a bottle of non-alcoholic beer might make you look more lame than just drinking water).

I was in a similar position as you, where in the past I would drink a lot at these events, but realistically beyond 4-5 drinks my ability to coherently talk about business would begin declining. I've cut back significantly, mostly for health reasons / mental ramifications, but if you're really concerned about appearance, nursing one drink isn't the worst idea. We always tend to overestimate how much other people care or think about details like this.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn’t drink for over a decade and I can count on one hand the amount of times it was noticed. Don’t put a drink in your hand at all when you’re socializing or just hold a water. Don’t try and fake it because if unintentionally you invite a person to comment on your beverage now you’ve opened that line of discussion when it almost would have never gone there.

davidsonj73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pour the non-alcoholic beer in a normal beer glass and who is to know there's no alcohol in it? They won't sip from your beer.

And you shouldn't talk about yourself anyway, no reason to disclose any reasons for not drinking alcohol.
That's smart! Ok.

davidsonj73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Business deals with a male stripper?
I didn't start the business as a male stripper. I got into investing and am doing extremely well at it! I have degrees in business administration (not so relevant to investing) and economics (relevant to investing).

Last edited:

davidsonj73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn’t drink for over a decade and I can count on one hand the amount of times it was noticed. Don’t put a drink in your hand at all when you’re socializing or just hold a water. Don’t try and fake it because if unintentionally you invite a person to comment on your beverage now you’ve opened that line of discussion when it almost would have never gone there.
I see your point, but I think part of the reason other people will care if I drink at these parties is that their judgement will be compromised for business deals, and they want me on a level playing field if we make any deals, so they want me to drink.

davidsonj73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cliche but you really just need to be confident in your decision to not drink, and be someone who can hold their own and be interesting in conversation without alcohol. Truth is even in the upper level of the business world, a lot of people drink at events as a crutch to be more open and conversational.

It's incredible the number of corporate golf events or charity galas I've been at where executives are very reserved and almost timid in conversation at the beginning of the event, but by an hour in are as social and talkative as can be.

I think the stigma of not drinking in the business world has declined a lot over the last decade or so. Most businesspeople you'll run into really won't care, as long as you can be naturally sociable and fun to be around. I don't even recommend mocktails or "non-alcoholic beer" (honestly drinking a bottle of non-alcoholic beer might make you look more lame than just drinking water).

I was in a similar position as you, where in the past I would drink a lot at these events, but realistically beyond 4-5 drinks my ability to coherently talk about business would begin declining. I've cut back significantly, mostly for health reasons / mental ramifications, but if you're really concerned about appearance, nursing one drink isn't the worst idea. We always tend to overestimate how much other people care or think about details like this.
Yes! IF I can limit myself to one drink, this might work!

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I see your point, but I think part of the reason other people will care if I drink at these parties is that their judgement will be compromised for business deals, and they want me on a level playing field if we make any deals, so they want me to drink.
No, they don't, it's an excuse you give yourself to drink. Solve the alcoholism issue.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Honestly if you interact the way you ask strange questions on here, they will probably look for any reason to escape and pass you off to someone else.

You'll probably get a lot of business cards and "call me sometime" with their backs turned as they run away

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who does a business deal in a full-blown party with loud music and hot tail everywhere?
Not saying it doesn't happen but at parties I see people who want to have fun
It's not unusual to see it being done at country clubs tho

*From a guy who is not wealthy yet but soon will be

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I used to go out to bars and drink water. All the time, even on dates. Most people actually gave me big props because I refused to drink due to my training and working out. Some of my dates even told me they found it hot that I was that unwavering in my focus and they told me they wished they could have that level of focus.

I'm not sure how to say this any less bluntly or more tactful, but the way you see the world in your mind isn't the way it is in reality. This isn't being said just from this but from the many, varied posts and threads you have started that you give similarly thought out reasonings that don't give with how things really are.

Last edited:

davidsonj73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to go out to bars and drink water. All the time, even on dates. Most people actually gave me big props because I refused to drink due to my training and working out. Some of my dates even told me they found it hot that I was that unwavering in my focus and they told me they wished they could have that level of focus.

I'm not sure how to say this any less bluntly or more tactful, but the way you see the world in your mind isn't the way it is in reality. This isn't being said just from this but from the many, varied posts and threads you have started that you give similarly thought out reasonings that don't give with how things really are.
OK. I guess I could just drink water. I will tell them that it helps with my training and workouts.