This one made me laugh. "The ego epidemic"

Sir Juanalot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its news to everyone else, but here, its old news.

Still, its funny to see the comments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1213212/The-ego-epidemic-more-inflated-sense-fabulousness.html

Another, a 29-year-old, said she was too picky. She was looking for a guy who is (just) tall enough. And (just about) good-looking enough (but not too good-looking so that she'd play second fiddle).

He needs to be successful, solvent and driven. He must also be long on genuinely good jokes, with a decent sideline in bad ones that only she finds funny.

He needs to 'speak good restaurant', to have no special dietary requirements and to always be discerning without ever being fussy.

He needs to be clever without ever making her feel stupid. He needs to 'get' but not 'know' fashion...and so the list went on.

She concluded that she would rather eat wasps than share her Sunday with anyone who fails to measure up to her idea of Mr Perfect.

David Baxter (not his real name) is a 40-year-old management consultant. Previously married for nine years, he joined a dating agency in the summer.

He says he's not perfect, but is told he's an eligible and pleasant guy with a lot to offer.

'I've had three successive dates recently with ladies in the late 30s to early 40s age bracket that have left me dumbfounded,' he said.

'I've never come across such massive egos, such arrogance and lack of basic courtesy.

'It was as if these particular dates were a forum for them to tell me how exceptional they were. One told me repeatedly how many young guys at the gym asked her out; another was very artificial.

'You sensed that they absolutely worshipped themselves, though none of them was drop-dead gorgeous or had amazing personalities, jobs or anything else to set them apart and elevate themselves into some superior position.

'I also thought it was quite telling that none of them had ever been married, engaged or had recently - or perhaps ever - been in a long-term relationship.

'I got the feeling that these women were living in a Sex And The City-inspired fantasy world. I also sensed that nobody would ever be good enough for them.

'They seem to be looking for something that doesn't exist: Mr Perfect, or perhaps some larger-than-life, dashingly handsome and unattainable character such as that portrayed by Mr Big. Nothing else will do.'

SHECHAFESMYFIGS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ain't this the GD truth. It is truly like they are living in fantasy land. "I want a man that will pick me up on his unicorn and ride over the chocolate milk river bridge into the lollipop forest for a picnic that he prepared between sensitivity classes." F*ck this type of woman.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After glancing at the comments, it's ironic that some women somehow managed to make it like it's all men's fault! :D

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to Eastern Europe, where women know they can't be picky.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think foreign women are the "pat" answer, because you will see the 'ego epidemic' in other cultures as well. It's just that it is definitely more pronounced in the states, UK, and Australia. In the US it has reached disgusting proportions.

I am now only interested in non-western women. Like I said, it's not an absolute solution to that type of attitude, it's really just a preference. Central/South American women are my thing. I find them more attractive, more sexual, more feminine, and generally just less apt to be cvnts.

What's insidious about it is that when men are raised in a culture where the 'ego epidemic' is the status quo, they start to think that's how women are---as in that is their natural state---and try to adapt to them rather than play the game differently.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason they are so picky is because they can be. AFC are everywhere and willing to do anything for them so when they see this it gives them a big ego boost and big egos are always bad news.

Its an unhealthy mindset for women to have. They're looking for a certain type of man who will do everything for them, treat them like Queens etc but what these women don't realise is that the men they're looking for won't make the women feel attraction. DJ's would quickly make them forget about their list of wants.

ChumpNoMore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, describes a lot of the single women I've met to a "T", esp. the ones in their 30's: Completely delusional and self entitled!

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
'I got the feeling that these women were living in a Sex And The City-inspired fantasy world.

'Aint that the truth.