This girl has come back into my life, should I avoid her?

needthisgirl123

Reaction score
So this story goes back like a year or two ago. This girl (lets call her Lia) was in love with me and I was not in love with her. But we hit it once in a while. During December 2016 I started developing feelings for her but due to winter break thought I would ask her once we got back to the university. Anyway she starts dating this guy, who's one of my best friends, over the break and doesn't tell me, which I didn't mind at first. But while she's been dating him, she's constantly clingy towards me, sends me love you, miss you texts and is in overall whatever she was that made me fall in love with her but only with a boyfriend. Anyway, my feelings keep on growing and she's the same and its killing me to see someone else with her. Now during the summer break, she becomes really close to me and sends me all these flirty texts, and anytime we meet she's really touchy and everyone around us notices this. I'm still in love with this girl, but I can't tell her without seriously hurting my friend and our friendship.
Now I know what I did wrong. I kept on texting her. In the hope she'll come around. I know I was stupid for that. I was just so deeply in love, I couldn't help it. I had never been in love, I didn't know what to do. All my friends told me that she was playing with my feelings but I didn't listen. Anyway, I meet this awesome girl over the summer and we don't hook up or anything but she's really cool and I try to forget about Lia. It's working. I realise, I still have feelings for Lia but I'm not so much in love anymore. Anyway, Lia goes on exchange August 2017. Which I felt was the best thing that could happen to me. I would spend some time apart and that would help me get over her. She texts me still but around 1 month or two later she stops texting me. And I love the feeling. I love that I could think about something else. I forget about her. I fall for another girl. 2-3 months pass and then she texts me. And I try to act cold just to distance myself from her. I don't want to go through all the trauma again lol. She starts acting pissed and I'm over her. But now the next semester has started and I can't avoid her because she's in my friend circle. She's always around me. Either I can always ignore her, let go of my friends to distance myself. But I don't want to be a loner. I don't want to let go of everything that I love because of this one girl. She's trying to be friends again but she's still dating that guy. She's trying to get to me, but doesn't understand why I am so cold. I don't understand what to do. I cannot go through that **** again. There is absolutely no way. I can't tell her directly although I think she knows, she can't be this stupid. WHAT DO I DO?