The Sosuave Paradox

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ paradox - if during a post you admit some AFC attitude or feeling (like being afraid of getting numbers, or being weird), everyone dismisses your tip because they think you're a chump. But if you're truly a DJ, then why would you still be on sosuave? There might be exceptions, but the truth is that, outside of the DJ archives (Pook, Anti-Dump), it's mostly the blind leading the blind on this site. Or rather, very few see the whole light.

Izza

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by izza
DJ paradox - if during a post you admit some AFC attitude or feeling (like being afraid of getting numbers, or being weird), everyone dismisses your tip because they think you're a chump. But if you're truly a DJ, then why would you still be on sosuave? There might be exceptions, but the truth is that, outside of the DJ archives (Pook, Anti-Dump), it's mostly the blind leading the blind on this site. Or rather, very few see the whole light.

Izza
Not to offend anyone, but it's rather easy to spot the bad advice by looking for any sign of idiotcy. Unfortunatelly, there are more than a few idiots that post in this forum, and those guys should be screened out, not the guys who are honest about the emotions they feel. I don't think that admitting that you are afraid, however, should automatically nullify any sort of advice based on experience. If anything it shows that that person is a mature individual who has come to terms with himself. Not necessarily correct, but growing.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Izza
interesting point. very interesting.
i'm certainly not "the complete dj" in the sense that my life is everything that i want it to be. right now i'm studying for a computer engineering degree, in my perfect life, i'd be earning, well, some very large some of money, maybe not bill gates style, but atleast a good 150K p.a. i'm about 130K p.a. short on that.
i'd also have extremely large, defined muscles. a perfect smile, deep blue eyes. etc.
i don't have all of those strings on my bow. but i've kiss closed, seriously, between 100-200 girls. probably got about the same ammount of numbers. ALOT of them are probably no better then 5/10. i've laid 13 girls. alot of them are probably no better then 5/10.
but i've proven to myself i can land HB9s and i know that improving myself to be the complete dj will only help that.

essentially, what i am saying is, i have quite a bit of experience, 95% in the club scene. and so advice which i give probably isn't going to be too far off the mark.

like anything in life, you don't have to do everything 100% right to be a winner.

michael jordan missed alotta shots. he's still the best ever basketballer.
bill gates probably stuffed up alot of IF statements, he's still the founder of microsoft.

you can make errors, even in pursuit of a paris or britney look alike, and still seal the deal.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yip Yip

Interesting.... What i have found is that people tend to be "scared" to say certein things on this forum because of the fact that they are scared of being run down etc... alot of people on these forums rather choose to gun people down instead of look for ways to help them, which is really a very bad way to go about things, but i guess overall the ppl on these forums DO try help out where help is needed, but like rgeere said.. there will always be those few that mess it up for the rest... thats just how life is:rolleyes:

Life goes on........

wind20mph

Don Juan
Reaction score
As a matter of fact I am here to pick up some irresistible spices for my dating and seduction life. I was wondering ~ªêQµïTª$~ what do you mean by choose to gun down people?

because everytime I came here looking for new tips, posts that will enrich my skills, I didn't see any unorthodox approach. The posts are so helpful.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because YOU havnt seen it, or it hasnt been done to YOU,dont mean it dont happen

wind20mph: i'm not saying that it happens often, but i HAVE seen times when people are run down/flamed at for asking questions that TO THEM make sence to ask, but some poeple that dont see "logik" in the question or think that its a stupid question, will run that person down because in THEIR opinion its a "stupid question" .. I'm not going to get into an arguement about this, this is just what i have noticed happens on the rare occasion.

Laterz...

teamplayer

Reaction score
Quest,

add a JD to your engineering degree and you can be a patent attorney specializing in your type of engineering... at $155 k starting... exactly where you want to be. It takes 3 years and the 2nd year summer pays $25k.

about the girls, keep honing your skills and go for the top girls... you got the looks. Don't waste your time pleasing the 5/10's when you can be advancing your career and the 9/10 and 10's will take you very seriously. The difference between the guys that have it all is that they took the time to prepare and when they swept up the girl they were ready.

Teamplayer

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: The Sosuave Paradox

Originally posted by quest
i'm certainly not "the complete dj"
The rest of your post has hereby been summarily disregarded.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well you can always learn more..plus there is a great environment here.

most of the guys that come here..exp everyday or most everyday....are really trying to become a better MAN. its not about admiting fears or mistakes...because one thing with growing ur confidence is that you have much much much less fear and worry. This is why this is so desireable...I have many afc times...sometimes I wake up depressed..but knowing what I know...I can easily snap out of it..and not waste my day or few hours ahead of me.

1 thing ive learned over the last 5 months is that Im not invinsible...im going to get the most of out of this life for ME! and when I realized it was all about ME..things changed....living for the man in the mirror..has actually helped ME help others more than ever...by being a stronger man with more integridy....the women are just a fun side for a DJ..not the focal point in the life we live..if the women are the focal point im sure that would make u a PUA...

either way ive rambled on to long..there is always more to learn....I suppose feeling as if youve conquered something but not all of it..its a great way to be..you feel good about yourself but know you can always learn more!

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are definitely a few gems that pop up every now and then that are worth reading. That alone should warrant visits to the site.

Besides, getting a second opinion on your course of action in certain situations can sometimes open you up to something you may have missed.

Albion4

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on sosuave because I like helping people out. But just because you have the right stuff doesn't mean you're going to succeed all the time. We all have occurances where a little support from friends never hurt. And, just because one person found it a little hard to get a phone number the night before doesn't mean he won't have some insite that you just didn't think of with your own problem.

-al

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But if you're truly a DJ, then why would you still be on sosuave?
The only person who can professes to be the ultimate expert on women could only be God (if such a thing exist).

Seduction and attraction is as much an interest to me as fighting, art or videogames.

As such I love talking and thinking about it as a topic, as a much as a leotarded geek in a startrek convention discussing warpspeed.

Unfortunately I've noticed a disturbing trend that often inane or uneducated AFC questions seem to attract the most comments like stink on Shi.t.

I still enjoy using this board to keep learning, bouncing ideas and as a great source of entertainment. What else is a forum for? It's not always about fixing your problem.

Its a shame that so far my non typical discussion threads hardly get many responses at all (so much for bouncing ideas). There are still a lot of gems here archived from the 'golden age' of sosuave and some intelligent posters. Also those horror stories and AFC questions serve as a constant reminder of where I DON'T want to be.

On another note:

People need to realise that change starts from within, this takes WORK. Do some background reading before posting a question on how to be ALPHA on the crapper.

Like I say if you are going to be a moron at least entertain me.

Kaine

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Izza
But the blind can be guided towards the light by the blind if they know the way. Many of us came here not knowing sh!t, but if we read the bible, actually understand the points, and put it into logic you get, then you can help others because you're teaching them the rules they're too lazy to look up. However, some people just look at three posts in the bible, or whatever pertains to their situation and thinks they're some DJ master.

As long as you keep on preaching the good word and trying to help others, you'll be part of the better part of sosuave, so just try and convert the others or move on

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: The Sosuave Paradox

Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
The rest of your post has hereby been summarily disregarded.
Haahahahahahahahahaha..... It's like that old comercial with the guy selling medication"I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV..." In this case it's like "I'm not really a DJ but I post advice for noobs to follow... :p

D@mn I love this place....

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GC / F d'A..
read my post, and look at how you want your life to be. if your life is EVERYTHING that you want it to be, i would be completely and utterly amazed. my life isn't but its pretty well on the right track. its a hell of alotta fun and i'm happy with it. but as i said, i want more.
and when i talk about being a "dj" i don't mean being a "PUA" i mean having EVERYTHING. when it comes to picking up i've got my **** down pat.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: The Sosuave Paradox

Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
But the blind can be guided towards the light by the blind if they know the way. Many of us came here not knowing sh!t, but if we read the bible, actually understand the points, and put it into logic you get, then you can help others because you're teaching them the rules they're too lazy to look up. However, some people just look at three posts in the bible, or whatever pertains to their situation and thinks they're some DJ master.

As long as you keep on preaching the good word and trying to help others, you'll be part of the better part of sosuave, so just try and convert the others or move on
Yo, Microphone fiend, you're absolutely right. I'm not saying that no one's post has any value - even AFCs can be great conversationalists or have wonderful ideas about what dating is. The point of my post was that people are afraid to admit some AFC traits and give advice at the same time. In the future, I found myself doing that, concealing my own AFCness to have more rhetorical authority, so that people couldn't say "why should I listen to you, you clearly don't get women because you think such and such." I don't plan to do that anymore.

I'm not trying to condemn the worth this site, or the advice found here. On the contrary, a lot of advice given is profound. It's easier to speak the DJ speak, than to walk the DJ walk.

Izza