The shape of the container

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Water takes the shape of the container it fills" is a quote that really resonates because it holds truth.

It basically says that anyone can be anyone in life. It also says that people who know how to control and mold the container give water shapes.

This is why highly manipulative and persuasive people always obtain what they want, even though they may not really know what they're doing in their own life. But they're happy because they are able to manipulate, so they feel in control.

Then, there are also humble, calm, and quiet people who have intrinsic value and like to provide value to others, but who do not try to control or contain other people. These people are truly happy in their life because they are doing what they want, and their calmness in any situation allows others to see their absolutely strong positive energy.

So if you want to be considered successful in relationships, you've got to be like the first type - manipulative and controlling. I have seen the second type get into relationships too, but since this person is not applying any control, those relationships will ultimately fail.

Also, people can feel better in the first type of relationship because they feel secure and protected, but that is just an illusion created by manipulation.

So how do you feel about being manipulative with another human being? Basically, how do you feel about "giving water the shape of the container" that is another person?

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So how do you feel about being manipulative with another human being?
Not into it. I’ve never manipulated people, and won’t. I also don’t associate with manipulative people.

plumber

Don Juan
Reaction score
The manipulator will always be hunting. The other will just relax and choices will come to them, literally. They can hunt, but its not necessary.

The assertion in the question seems backward. Is that on purpose?

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other will just relax and choices will come to them, literally. They can hunt, but its not necessary.
This is the person I am, the one I keep and want to be, integrating what I'm learning from IRL experiences and the study of women and men's psychology.

However, the more I experience, the more I see that being "The other will just relax and choices will come to them.." -- this kind of person -- won't lose his respect in order to "control" or "manipulate" another human being (water) into his desired form (container), but rather, He want to live in his ideals, peacefully.

So, I tought that there could also be a kind of "dominance", "manipulation" that will not mess with ideals and core value of the person mentioned above, which has nothing to do with the kind of "manipulation" that characterize a bad person.

Not into it. I’ve never manipulated people, and won’t. I also don’t associate with manipulative people.
Are you considered a "beta" male for adopting this behaviour?
How do you show "dominance" and keep the water in your desired container?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. Manipulation is such an ugly word. Personally, I prefer coercion. :cool:

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thought has never occurred to me and I’ve never been designated as such by my wife, friends, family members, or coworkers.

I AM a beta male in a different context. I am not rich, powerful, or influential. I’m a middle class employee.

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@jhonny9546

You don't have to manipulate to get what you want and have influence over others. Good leaders certainly don't. There's a more middle of the road archetype that you havent mentioned.

plumber

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the person I am, the one I keep and want to be, integrating what I'm learning from IRL experiences and the study of women and men's psychology.

However, the more I experience, the more I see that being "The other will just relax and choices will come to them.." -- this kind of person -- won't lose his respect in order to "control" or "manipulate" another human being (water) into his desired form (container), but rather, He want to live in his ideals, peacefully.

So, I tought that there could also be a kind of "dominance", "manipulation" that will not mess with ideals and core value of the person mentioned above, which has nothing to do with the kind of "manipulation" that characterize a bad person.

How do you show "dominance" and keep the water in your desired container?
Just lead. I imagine leading can be considered manipulation... If the other follows, ok. If they don't; ok. Not controlling, but leading. Manipulation will also work, for a time. Let the water be what it is, it will adjust to follow you.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Jhonny,
Thomas the Tank engine last week,a bottle of water this week,I suppose that when you discover Geo-maxxing you will be an Airoplane?sounds like Old Wine in New bottles to me....What about becoming a Don Juan?...Put on a little yellow and black suit,be like a bumble Bee and flit from Flower to Flower,admire their beauty,certainly take the honey but never cut the Flower to take it home,because the honey goes and the beauty wilts LOL.

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There’s a degree of manipulation in almost if not everything we do socially. The sooner you recognize it the sooner you can act on it, in your favor or just to have the awareness not go down any unnecessary rabbit hole.
This just reveal that relationships, which have been made of and keep on with manipulative traits, are fake.
Been that your gf or friend relationship.
A great example of "manipulative" relationships are in "networking".
So shall we treath the person we might love, as a networking relationship?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Jhonny,
"So shall we treath the person we might love, as a networking relationship?',Having carefully thought about this I think Yes you should,so how will this affect your future Modus Operandi?

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
So how do you feel about being manipulative with another human being? Basically, how do you feel about "giving water the shape of the container" that is another person?
-Stop conflating thoughts and emotions, by speaking and thinking in terms of what you and everyone else FEELs like https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wi...sion/distinguishing-thoughts-and-emotions/amp Sacreligous is this may be to say out loud, in these histrionic times we inhabit, feelings ARE not hard evidence of anything

-"Manipulation" has become a dirty word in our culture despite the fact that, as someone else on this thread has already observed, all humans manipulate each other to varying degrees. Hell, if we DIDN'T do so, civilization as we know it would be impossible. Once more of us start admitting than this is the case, we can start having adult conversations regarding what ends that manipulation is being employed towards

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Everything is manipulation bro. From the boss that pays you to keep working, to your wife giving you a blowj0b so you keep choosing her, to the baby crying so you take care of him.
You're operating with an antiquated mindset, Gainz. Progressives and Red Pillers alike have spent nearly a decade getting us Woke to the futility of learning how "the game" is played, then acting accordingly(Manipulation, in other words), so that we can kick down doors for both ourselves and those who will proceed us

Chanting "The System is rigged!!!", and dreaming of an Apocalypse which never quite arrives, is the advanced way of existing

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
So shall we treath the person we might love, as a networking relationship?
Each of us is a brand. Your woman is a highly visible component of your brand, thus it's prudent to select them based upon whether or not they'll reflect well on you. Much as we all admired Angelina Jolie's frequently naked body during The 2000s, it's not just a fluke that the CEO of Kering married a chick like Salma Hayek, or that head of Metro Goldwyn Mayer Mike DeLuca chose a hot&wholesome gal like this
, as a long term investment, despite having previously been known as a connoseiur of Tinseltown's hottest pieces of ass. Rather than a nut job who's list of public vulgarities include:

-French kissing her own brother in public and in front of the cameras. More than once or twice, and not ironically either

-Wearing a vial of her second husband(She was already on her second marriage in her 20s)'s blood around her neck, then regularly boasting of this to the press

-Remorselessly carrying on with a married man she barely knew, despite having already been twice divorced herself

So yeah... Icily clinical as it may SEEM at first glance, to categorize the women you bring into your life as part of your overall social network, NOT doing so is often a fatal error. Ask Brad Pitt. The price* he's paying for those few years of fun he had between the sheets with Jolie? A divorce that's dragging out indefinitely/going to cost him millions, the heartbreak of his kids siding with her/dropping his surname, sh-ttons of emotional distress which are almost certainly enflamming his addictive urges, etc etc.

All this could've been fairly easily avoided, by being mildly more conscientious in regards to the sort of chick he took on as an LTR

*I can hear generic Red Pillers screeching "But all b-tches have a price tag". News flash, gents: EVERYTHING in life has a price tag. All that's humanly possible is for us to reduce the amount of melodrama in our lives

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rather than a nut job who's list of public vulgarities include:

-French kissing her own brother in public and in front of the cameras. More than once or twice, and not ironically either

-Wearing a vial of her second husband(She was already on her second marriage in her 20s)'s blood around her neck, then regularly boasting of this to the press

-Remorselessly carrying on with a married man she barely knew, despite having already been twice divorced herself

So yeah... Icily clinical as it may SEEM at first glance, to categorize the women you bring into your life as part of your overall social network, NOT doing so is often a fatal error. Ask Brad Pitt. The price* he's paying for those few years of fun he had between the sheets with Jolie? A divorce that's dragging out indefinitely/going to cost him millions, the heartbreak of his kids siding with her/dropping his surname, sh-ttons of emotional distress which are almost certainly enflamming his addictive urges, etc etc.
Pitt was an idiot for leaving Aniston for Jolie.

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything is manipulation bro. From the boss that pays you to keep working, to your wife giving you a blowj0b so you keep choosing her, to the baby crying so you take care of him.
I still cannot decide.
How could you be in a relationship, a true relationship with someone, if you don't get your mask off?

Progressives and Red Pillers alike have spent nearly a decade getting us Woke to the futility of learning how "the game" is played, then acting accordingly(Manipulation, in other words), so that we can kick down doors for both ourselves and those who will proceed us

Chanting "The System is rigged!!!", and dreaming of an Apocalypse which never quite arrives, is the advanced way of existing
What do you mean by that?

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Pitt was an idiot for leaving Aniston for Jolie.
That debacle is the male equivalent of the investment banker's wife who runs off with a gang banger/aspiring rapper, on the grounds that he's "more exciting", then acts surprised when things go to sh-t between 5-10 years. Events like these would be too banal to merit much discussion, if kids weren't so often caught up in the proverbial crossfire