"The Rules"

hopeful loner

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you think of this book...if you've ever bothered to pick it up? It essentially teaches women "Rules" for catching a man to marry.

Rules like "a woman should never pursue but allow herself to be pursued" etc. A lot of it seems fair considering the stuff masf and this forum teach men.

Your opinion?

:)

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read it. It's crap, and nothig that can really "help" us guys on a practical level.

They essentially teach a girl to be a challenge, but the idea can get messed up along the way, and the result is a squad of lifeless drones who turn Bobby into a supplicating AFC... there goes Mr Right for ya!

Only parts I would agree with are those where they tell girls to get out there and be social and take care of themselves. Hey, kinda like here!

G

Sargeholic

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Rules are a sort of DJ Bible for women who are marriage minded. They work well on AFCs, but they are mean-spirited and rude in a lot of ways. They advocate never returning calls, never paying, not having sex until commitment, and a variety of other things.

After this wonderfully fun courtship of paying, chasing, and putting up with rudeness with little or no sex, you get to buy her a big ring, because she is a "Creature Unlike Any Other" and then settle down with her for the rest of your life. Since she has proven herself adept at using sex as a manipulative tool and has displayed a princess complex, you can bet it will come out during marriage. If you get sick of it, she gets half your stuff.

Can anyone tell me what the man gets from a Rules girl? It isn't sex (Rules girls use it as a tool, not as an expression of desire or intimacy). It isn't love (love and manipulation don't co-exist). It isn't money (you pay for everything with a Rules girl). It is basically something for AFCs to chase believing she is the only one for them.

Most top guys would not fall into this trap and would next the girl pretty early on. The Rules would be devastating on an AFC with oneitis.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They have Rules, you have Rules too. It's all about who sets the frame. If you play in her frame it doesn't matter what your Rules are, and if she plays in yours it wont matter what hers are. It all depends on who the PRIZE is understood to be.

There's only one Rule you need to enforce with a girl like this; the 3 Strikes Rule. If she doesn't put out by the 3rd date - NEXT!

senator

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yoh, Sarge:

A bit pessimistic, but you know what? You're right. It all makes sense. Good post

Skydiver43127

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I like the book, because it helps keep the LSE girls away. Otherwise, I agree with Gonzalo - the Rules are stupid and messed up from the beginning. If it was written for men it would be like that:

1. Walk around dresssed in a suit
2. Drive a mercedes.
3. Be sure the girl doesn't understand at least half the words
you're saying so she thinks you're smart.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
There's only one Rule you need to enforce with a girl like this; the 3 Strikes Rule. If she doesn't put out by the 3rd date - NEXT!
Hmm... got LMR (Last Minute Resistance) yesterday from a (cute!) girl. Well, first date. Two to go, heh =)

Sargeholic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I am dealing with one right now...at least the LMR part...3 dates and 2 isolations on my bed, with basically nothing but kissing to show for it.

This chick is 28! Come on, we aren't 15 anymore.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
"The rules" is rubbish, nothing more than fantasy filler simply because chicks are creatures of emotion and feeling which means following a set pinpointed logical guideline is as useful to them as tits on a bull.

Not to mention chicks know just aswell as us that 99% of guys are clueless with subtleties of "challenge" . She simply cannot afford to be anymore elusive if shes trying to hook a man than the usual game of cat and mouse she already comes equipped with.

"The rules" actually becomes counter-productive to chicks who follow it.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sargeholic
I think I am dealing with one right now...at least the LMR part...3 dates and 2 isolations on my bed, with basically nothing but kissing to show for it.

This chick is 28! Come on, we aren't 15 anymore.
I FEEL YOU MAN :D

The chick I'm talking about is 27! And I'm 20, goddamnit! haha :)

(what's up between djbr and older women? :) )