The power of the ex-bf

david_r

Don Juan
Reaction score
long story short, i've dating this girl for like 2 months we had an INCREDIBLE time together, things began turning cold for the past week, yesterday we decided to talk to see what was going on, and she told me her ex bf began to call her again saying her a lot of things btw she broke with him like 7 months ago and only stayed together like 3 months, she told me she wanted everything with me that I was better than him in all aspects and all that BS but she felt something for him and wanted to "clear" those feelings before we started something serious, I felt betrayed and disappointed, told her to fix her problems and i left, what do you guys think? should I stop talking to her, or should I fight for what I want, I get mixed tips from my friends and I dont know what to follow. thanks

girlsarecrazy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Never fight for what you want through words.

Have this mindset: She's not going anywhere, she will not just get over you in one day.

Now what i am suggesting is to go on a break, end phone conversations, don't call her, try to keep busy, and act like you are living with your normal life happily. Don't get jealous, don't confess how much you love her, etc. It will drive her intrest level up and I think you will do fine.

david_r

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah I think thats the better thing to do, and once again i have proved that women are emotion driven and thats what i cant understand she told me logic told her to go with me but she still had some insecurity, im better than his ex in every way that you guys know, looks, money-power, personality etc and still with all this in my side he was able to plant some insecurity in her and thats what disappoints me.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in that situation a few times. It always sucks when the ex BF decides to try and get involved again. You meet somone who you click with really well and everything is great for a month or two, then bam... the Ex is back in the picture.

My advice is to just cut her off. Tell her you won't have anything to do with a triangle and that it's entirely for her to work her sh!t out. Tell her you really think she's a great girl and that there's the potential for you two to share something good, but you won't have any part of her issues with her ex. If, and when she sorts it out, she can come find you.

Leave it at that.

You save your pride and you tell her exactly how it's gonna be.

You need to stick to this plan, too. Cut her off, until she comes back. If she doesn't come around in a few weeks, move on.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes agree with what everyone else has said.

mountain

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's really important you listen to what these guys say or she may bail on you for the ex. doesn't make logical sense... but does it ever? cut her off..

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why you should never be the "rebound guy."

mountain

Don Juan
Reaction score
won't you always be the rebound guy with any reasonably attractive girl?

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to say it brother, but you're probably screwed. UNLESS she is a really honest, loyal and confident chick who can DECIDE once and for all to let the ex go forever and be with you. Unfortunately, most chicks are NOT like this, and even if you tell her that she cannot talk to him and she agrees, she still might behind your back. It's an ugly truth, but it's there nonetheless, so you should know about it. My advice: don't get into anything serious with her right now. Don't force her to do anything. Let some time pass and if she comes to you and tells you ON HER OWN that she's decided to let him go for good, then you know you've got something. This is the only way it's going to work; it has to be HER decidion, of her own FREE WILL.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mountain said:
won't you always be the rebound guy with any reasonably attractive girl?
No, not at all (unless you are a vulture circling around her relationship to be the first to pick at it's carcass). If you find out that a woman is just out of a LTR, put her low on you sarge list. See her enough just to let her remember you.

Some other guy will jump up quickly to go out with her a handful of times until her baggage makes them leave or she decides to go back to her ex. Either way, let her get her dating legs under her again and get the ex out of her system before you put any serious effort into her.