The Laws of Attraction

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The article offers a lot of great insight and facts into what creates attraction. Much of the article covers things that are talked about here on a regular basis.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201707/the-laws-attraction

A few excerpts:

-Throughout her 20s, management consultant and author Nita Tucker dated doctors—usually tall ones. She was drawn by their status and her mother's insistence that a physician would be a great catch. "If someone said he was a doctor, I was turned on," she says. "I went out with enough to staff a major hospital."

Then Tucker moved to Seattle, where the SuperSonics had just won the NBA championship and were the town's biggest celebrities. To Tucker, a basketball player seemed an even better catch than a doctor. Plus, he'd be taller.

One night at a bar, Tucker noticed some guys from the team, including one who had just been dubbed "Most Eligible Bachelor" by a local paper. Tucker smiled and tried to catch his eye. "But I didn't smile quite high enough, because the guy next to him came over instead." That man, Tony, invited Tucker to join the group. She spent the rest of the evening flirting with the players and ignoring him.

Tony, it turned out, was the team's vice president, and he invited Tucker to a game the next day. "I said, 'Of course!' because I wanted to be with the players," she says. "They were funny and cute. Tony was a boring executive. He had a dated haircut and long sideburns."

And yet Tucker went out with Tony nearly every night that week, mostly to basketball-related events. "I was using him," she says. She started to feel guilty about it. "I told my roommate that I was going to stop going out with him, and she said, 'I'll take him!' She was so enthusiastic that I thought, 'Wait a minute. I'm not going to give him up right away.' He was always so nice to be with. After about 10 dates, I looked at him across the table and realized I was falling in love." They have now been together for 37 years.

-The main adaptive problem for men, evolutionarily speaking? The fact that human female ovulation is largely concealed. Other female primates signal fertility in clearly detectable ways, such as a chimp's pink genital swelling. A male human is given no such guidance.

-Couples, whether same-sex or heterosexual, tend to fall within similar ranges of size, education, religious beliefs, values, and socioeconomic status. The exceptions—say, couples with widely divergent levels of physical attractiveness—often knew each other well as friends or acquaintances before becoming romantic

-New studies suggest that, consciously or not, we seek partners who resemble us, in terms of appearance, height, or IQ

-A study published last year by a team at Sweden's Karolinska Institute found that individuals with a mental disorder such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder were more likely to partner with others who have mental disorders than would be expected by chance.

-Evolutionary theorists believe that a woman who has the demonstrable ability to occupy the role of provider can decrease a man's sense of power and purpose and compromise his self-evaluation or feelings of manliness.

-People with dopamine-dominant personalities (curious, creative, adventurous types) tend to be drawn to fellow dopamine-influenced adventurers. Serotonin-dominant people (traditional, conscientious, and rule-following) are also drawn to people like themselves. On the other hand, testosterone-dominant people (analytical, skeptical, and tough-minded) and estrogen-dominant individuals (nurturing, contextual, imaginative) are drawn to each other, essentially to their behavioral opposites.

- The 'bad boy' can be someone high on the 'dark triad' personality traits—narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy. When people are high in all three, they can become powerful, but through a dark route." That's the allure of the bad boy: Someone who seems as if he doesn't care about the rules, or about conventional relationships, can be strangely appealing. "It seems like not being afraid of life,"

-She took him shopping and recruited a hairstylist friend to give him a more flattering cut. Suddenly, "he was so good-looking that all these other women started coming on to him." (Research confirms the old adage that a prospective partner becomes more attractive when you discover how much others want be with him or her.) "Tony's confidence really blossomed, which also made him more attractive," Tucker says. "It didn't take much."

-when you focus on your strengths and seek out the environments where you're most confident, you'll feel more secure, which can translate into appearing more attractive to others.

-Finding love at a bar happens less often than you think, University of California, Davis psychologist Paul Eastwick says. A better plan is to join an activity group where you'll meet new people who share your interests. "If you keep moving through those networks, you'll eventually get to know people you click with

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I dont get the point

sloots gon sloot?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-People with dopamine-dominant personalities (curious, creative, adventurous types) tend to be drawn to fellow dopamine-influenced adventurers. Serotonin-dominant people (traditional, conscientious, and rule-following) are also drawn to people like themselves. On the other hand, testosterone-dominant people (analytical, skeptical, and tough-minded) and estrogen-dominant individuals (nurturing, contextual, imaginative) are drawn to each other, essentially to their behavioral opposites.
I can explain this. We as PEOPLE like those similar to us, but as men or women, we like those opposite to us. I remember reading on here a while ago from some of the WAY older posts. It may have been Pook who said this, though I'm not sure. But a man who is 80% masculine and 20% feminine will be most attracted to a woman who is his opposite, a woman who is 80% feminine and 20% masculine.

And the reason why women are often times attracted to Dark Triad men is because you cannot be that way and be weak. You cannot just go against normal societal expectations and do whatever the hell you want to do and be a weak person. Of course nowadays some guys try to resemble such a man by being 'gangsta' or some stupid **** like that, and most of those guys are pvssies outside of their group of friends anyways, but most women can tell the difference between those fake type of bad boys (the ones who try hard to go for the stereotypical type look) and someone who is ACTUALLY more dangerous than others. They tend to be more of the 'lone wolf' type despite simultaneously being charismatic and seam to easily make friends. Those men are harder to control, because society cannot control them like the other men. They are almost inherently a leader type because they don't need to go with the flow. That alone is attractive. But coupled with the fact that they still know what they want and go after it directly, you can see why they like them. Not to mention that if society can't fully control them, imagine what a challenge it'll be for a woman to be able to control him. And if she does manage to conquer such a man, she feels a great sense of reward in doing so because that in and of itself is an achievement to her. That's why they like the Dark Triad man. You could even say Dark Tetrad too (includes sadism) if you play really rough with your woman lol.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
The article offers a lot of great insight and facts into what creates attraction. Much of the article covers things that are talked about here on a regular basis.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201707/the-laws-attraction

A few excerpts:

-Throughout her 20s, management consultant and author Nita Tucker dated doctors—usually tall ones. She was drawn by their status and her mother's insistence that a physician would be a great catch. "If someone said he was a doctor, I was turned on," she says. "I went out with enough to staff a major hospital."

Then Tucker moved to Seattle, where the SuperSonics had just won the NBA championship and were the town's biggest celebrities. To Tucker, a basketball player seemed an even better catch than a doctor. Plus, he'd be taller.

One night at a bar, Tucker noticed some guys from the team, including one who had just been dubbed "Most Eligible Bachelor" by a local paper. Tucker smiled and tried to catch his eye. "But I didn't smile quite high enough, because the guy next to him came over instead." That man, Tony, invited Tucker to join the group. She spent the rest of the evening flirting with the players and ignoring him.

Tony, it turned out, was the team's vice president, and he invited Tucker to a game the next day. "I said, 'Of course!' because I wanted to be with the players," she says. "They were funny and cute. Tony was a boring executive. He had a dated haircut and long sideburns."

And yet Tucker went out with Tony nearly every night that week, mostly to basketball-related events. "I was using him," she says. She started to feel guilty about it. "I told my roommate that I was going to stop going out with him, and she said, 'I'll take him!' She was so enthusiastic that I thought, 'Wait a minute. I'm not going to give him up right away.' He was always so nice to be with. After about 10 dates, I looked at him across the table and realized I was falling in love." They have now been together for 37 years.

-The main adaptive problem for men, evolutionarily speaking? The fact that human female ovulation is largely concealed. Other female primates signal fertility in clearly detectable ways, such as a chimp's pink genital swelling. A male human is given no such guidance.

-Couples, whether same-sex or heterosexual, tend to fall within similar ranges of size, education, religious beliefs, values, and socioeconomic status. The exceptions—say, couples with widely divergent levels of physical attractiveness—often knew each other well as friends or acquaintances before becoming romantic

-New studies suggest that, consciously or not, we seek partners who resemble us, in terms of appearance, height, or IQ

-A study published last year by a team at Sweden's Karolinska Institute found that individuals with a mental disorder such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder were more likely to partner with others who have mental disorders than would be expected by chance.

-Evolutionary theorists believe that a woman who has the demonstrable ability to occupy the role of provider can decrease a man's sense of power and purpose and compromise his self-evaluation or feelings of manliness.

- The 'bad boy' can be someone high on the 'dark triad' personality traits—narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy. When people are high in all three, they can become powerful, but through a dark route." That's the allure of the bad boy: Someone who seems as if he doesn't care about the rules, or about conventional relationships, can be strangely appealing. "It seems like not being afraid of life,"

-She took him shopping and recruited a hairstylist friend to give him a more flattering cut. Suddenly, "he was so good-looking that all these other women started coming on to him." (Research confirms the old adage that a prospective partner becomes more attractive when you discover how much others want be with him or her.) "Tony's confidence really blossomed, which also made him more attractive," Tucker says. "It didn't take much."

-when you focus on your strengths and seek out the environments where you're most confident, you'll feel more secure, which can translate into appearing more attractive to others.

-Finding love at a bar happens less often than you think, University of California, Davis psychologist Paul Eastwick says. A better plan is to join an activity group where you'll meet new people who share your interests. "If you keep moving through those networks, you'll eventually get to know people you click with
Perfect example of what I preach on this forum, in that having an LTR with a woman of the feminist/gynocentric era is all about perfecting the "ART", of learning how to "eat shyt and like it".

- This guy has to go through a ton of SHYT from this bytch, which includes being passed over due to her own retarded criteria, used, and manipulated.

- He has to TOLERATE and "perfect the art" of taking this shyt for a long period of time.

- Then, one day, as the bytch gets older, she realizes how "stupid" she's been all along and decides to hook up with the guy (after changing his appearance to fit how SHE wanted him to look, which is more shyt he had to learn to eat and like it).

- On top of this, I bet you any dollar amount there's no prenup on that marriage contract, so that's more shyt he had to take and learn to like it.

And for taking all of this shyt, eating it, and learning to like it.......what does he get from all of that? Well, he gets to be married to a depreciating commodity, controlled by the depreciating commodity, and if he so DARE to step out of line, this bytch will divorce his a.ss, take HALF of his assets, and setup LIFETIME alimony faster than a Camaro goes from 0 to 60 mph.

Quick.....someone tell me where do I sign up to be a part of this retarded shyt?!