THE Honest Approach: Do you think its safe to do?

johnnyhero79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys i been thinking that the best approach is the honest approach! What do you think?

Let say you see a hott sitting alone or just reading a book or shopping, Would you say this to her:

You: Hi i will be honest with you i came over here because i think you look cool to talk to..so what are you doing? Or etc..

:D What do you think>?

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Truthful, but AFC!

How about....

"Your HOTT!!! I'm going to sit here" (than ignore her)

or

"what a rough day"

or

"hi"

or

any C+F line accentuated with mystery

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey, I thought you looked cool, so I'm here to try and pick you up."

Done it, got done, works if you don't take yourself seriously. Also gives you great conversation topics.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not that bad.

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by johnnyhero79
Hey guys i been thinking that the best approach is the honest approach! What do you think?

Let say you see a hott sitting alone or just reading a book or shopping, Would you say this to her:

You: Hi i will be honest with you i came over here because i think you look cool to talk to..so what are you doing? Or etc..

:D What do you think>?
That's not the "honest" approach. Think about it. You said the reason you came over to talk to her is because you think she "look cool to talk to". But the real honest reason you came over is because she is hot not because she is cool. Lots of fat chicks are cool but I doubt you would have approach them. So you already started off with a lie. :p

johnnyhero79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: THE Honest Approach: Do you think its safe to do?

Originally posted by Swoop
That's not the "honest" approach. Think about it. You said the reason you came over to talk to her is because you think she "look cool to talk to". But the real honest reason you came over is because she is hot not because she is cool. Lots of fat chicks are cool but I doubt you would have approach them. So you already started off with a lie. :p
Ok then i tell her what a nice shirt you have..lol:crackup:

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done it.

The honest approach works, I've done it, but it has to be done in a certain way. It has to be done in a very masculine, unapologetically sexual, but playful way. I approached an HB7 in front of all her friends with the following line;

I walk over and sit right next to her, flirting with my eyes, smiling. Not trying to hide the fact that I'm making a pickup, interupting the whole convo.

(Big smile, bedroom voice) Hi how you're doin.
Her: surprised) Umm...fine and you?
M: cool, listen I don't want to interrupt your convo with your friends for too long, so I'm going to be straight with you. You look good. (strong emphasis on the word 'good'.) She blushes.

Her: Thanks! You too! (the compliment was an unexpected boon.
Me: Now I'm wondering whether you have the personality to back it up. I hope you don't disappoint me.
Her: nah, I don't think I would.

(she's smiling, good eye contact, occasionally glancing at her friends)
Me: We will see. What numbner can I reach you at?
Her: I'm sorry I have a boyfriend! (Her friends nod.)
Me: cool. c u later.

This is only one instance. I've gotten number closes before. The trick is, be BOLD and don't try to hide the fact you're making a pickup. No apologies.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you saying to focus on honesty to deflect from lack of creativity or originality?

amano

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: THE Honest Approach: Do you think its safe to do?

Yah I agree. Nice and direct but how does someone "look cool to talk to"?.

Everytime Ive done a cold approach its been situational, and it usually turns out good.

Examples
- Girl I saw waiting for the bus dragging around a huge suitcase
Me- "Geez did you pack a months worth of clothes in there?"
Girl -" Haha, actually Im moving, this is the last of it"

-Girl biting her nails like crazy in line at Mcdonalds.
Me -"you know they sell this nasty bitter nail polish you can put on to keep you from biting your nails"
Girl -"Haha,omg I know..Ive been doing this since forever..."

Yah, Im sure the "honest" approach probably works but, they can sound kind of "one linerish" in their own way.

I tend to stick with C&F. I guess I might use something like this as an honest approach...
"Hi, Im here to try and pick you up." like one guy said in his example previously.

We all have our own styles.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Swoop
That's not the "honest" approach. Think about it. You said the reason you came over to talk to her is because you think she "look cool to talk to". But the real honest reason you came over is because she is hot not because she is cool. Lots of fat chicks are cool but I doubt you would have approach them. So you already started off with a lie. :p [/QUOTE]

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do it George style

Hi, I'm balding, unemployed, and I live with my parents.

:rock:

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
That can work for you!

Are you saying to focus on honesty to deflect from lack of creativity or originality?
Please. Picking up women shouldn't require us to play the role of court jester. The honest approach will work when re-inforced with personality and quality conversation.

Way better than some canned BS or magic trick.

Do it with some levity.

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soprano
Do it George style

Hi, I'm balding, unemployed, and I live with my parents.

:rock:
Check and check, I loved that pick-up, the girl couldn't stop laughing. I spot from across the room and do the waddle. like stealing candy from a baby