The "exposure theory" on jobs

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still remember ten years ago when I worked in a fast food restaurant. That job was one of the hardest I've ever had, but over time, I learned to understand some important things.
We all know that we have to work for a living, even if some lucky ones can do without. That said, we spend a lot of our lives at work, and it is said that our colleagues become part of our family.

That experience taught me to relate to people indirectly, a fundamental skill for increasing our social skills. Every day, I had to deal with "cold approaches" with customers. Even without knowing each other, we managed to communicate and create friendships. I still have some notes left by customers, such as "Come to Japan" or "We wait for you in Bali."
Every workday, I interacted with over 200 people, considering that the average duration of each interaction was about a minute. This makes me think about my current job, where I spend most of my time behind a computer and interact with the same 30 people in the office.

Although my current job is definitely better, I am thinking of exploring different departments, such as meetings (where you interact with 20 or more people) or real estate management, which also requires direct contact with the public. For a man, being greeted by people on the street or at events is a sign of respect. This not only brings psychological benefits but also impacts women. In fact, regardless of the job you do, if you are respected by others, you are perceived as an important person.

I don't want to focus only on this aspect but rather on the types of jobs that allow you to get to know many people indirectly. Some examples include:

- Public figure
- Politician
- Coach/Personal Trainer
- Condominium administrator (kinda a cheat job for a small city. You can met anyone in your city by it, since people are sleeping in apartments you manage).
- Teacher
- Nurse/Doctor
- Barista
- Hairdresser
- Entertainer
- Financial advisor
- Restaurant Owner/Manager
- etc

Working behind a computer has its advantages, but when it comes to get social skills, is so bad.
In my short life experience, I have noticed that the most respected people, at least in my country, are those I call "manipulators": skilled individuals who, thanks to their job, have learned to relate to others through "trial and error." This is the true index of social value: having a valid social network of people.
You'll make many connections, then acquaintances, then true friends, and mostly high speech skills.
In a way, it is a bit like artificial intelligence: it is given a set of data and, through trial and error, is able to provide accurate answers.

If you can manage this in the right measure (we have a word for this), you can become a very respected person in your city. What's your take on it?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still remember ten years ago when I worked in a fast food restaurant. That job was one of the hardest I've ever had,
I've worked plenty of fast food jobs when I was younger.

I remember it being pretty fun and a good way to meet others (coworkers also in HS and college).

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The truth is, when you work in a job that allows you to meet a lot of people, you will be amazed as well.

You have the opportunity to see 100 new women a day, simply because of your job. This allows you to develop skills while staying in practice.

I'm not saying you should do this as your first job, but even working a two-hour shift at a fast food restaurant, as a cashier, or as an information clerk can introduce you to many women in a very short amount of time.

A really attractive friend of mine used to receive notes with phone numbers when he worked as a shelf stocker at the supermarket. Essentially, women would come in and leave notes for him on the shelves he was stocking. He was very active, meeting about five new women a month—just from his job—without even looking for them. They came to him.

Since he changed jobs for a more serious and higher-paying position, he told me that experience is over. Sure, he still manages to attract women, but that daily interaction, he said, was the most interesting aspect and helped him acquire many skills related to women indirectly.

Nowadays, what jobs could be done, perhaps in the evening, for one or two hours?

P.S. I don't remember where I read it, but I heard of a millionaire who lived off his income (FIRE) and worked only three hours in the evening, serving sandwiches in a very popular place, specifically to develop his skills with women and stay active socially.