The Day The Spirit Died.....How do i get back into it?

goatman

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is gonna drag a bit so please jus bare with me.

About a year ago (when i was still well into my mentality that being a nice guy was the way to go) i had a couple of mates who were talking about going to the gym as a bit of pre season footy training. As i was interested in improving my figure i decided that i would go with them. This then led on to a routine in which we would all go to the gym twice a week (normally on the weekend).

As the school year started a while later and they ceased going i decided that i would get a membership and start working on my goal to get fit. This worked well as i could go on my free time slots during school hours as the gym was within walking distance from it (providing that i had nothing else to do then) as well as going on weekends.

What i did there was mostly alot of cardio somtimes followed with weights during the week days, and weights and group exercising activities (body pump and the like) of a weekend.

Unfortunatly, while i was really enjoying it to begin with, as time passed it became jus less and less fun (it was becoming more of a chore than a hobby) and the stupid thing is it only started happening after i finished school.

While i had taken up other ways since then to stay trim (diets, sports, ect.) the only way that i can see as to building up muscle properly again is to get back into the gym (no i WILL NOT take drugs)

So.....in saying all that is it to late for me or is there still hope yet?

TedJustAdmitIt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Still hope for what yet?

Working out?

You're 19 FFS not 90:D

If it's too late for you then it's too late for almost everyone else who visits this board cos most of us are older than 19 mate.

Oh yeah...working out isn't supposed to be easy,if it was everyone would look like a greek god!

Get your head down and get training son:up:

goatman

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol...thx for the pick me up

I think i better jus calm the f**k down so to speak and stop worrying so much

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First, what's your goal? To lose fat or gain muscle mass? Or both? You kind hinted both ways. What are your stats (weight, height, bodyfat percentage)? If you don't know how to figure out your BF%, about how close would you say you are to a 6 pack?

I don't think anyone here is in favor of roids... (at least I hope not)

goatman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say my goal would be to get more of a toned figure.

As for how far away i am from a 6 pack, i'd say that 1 to 2 months of healthy eating and solid exercising would probably get me there.

Problem for me though is not what i have to do in order to get those results but its more on how do I get motivated to get up off my a** and get back into it again.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
i highly doubt your going to see a defined 6 pack within 8 weeks starting at the bottom. but then again i guess there are quite a few variables involved.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stay motivated by the progress I make and how much I change. I don't keep a detailed journal (I should...), but I go by how much more I can lift than last month, and how much better I'm looking in the mirror. It also helps that my cardio is a lot of fun (mixed martial arts - boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ, etc).