The 3 Realities

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
High gas prices, low economy and a corrupt system....
(sound familiar?)

And it should, with good reason. I saw a man on the street corner waiting for the bus the other day and it made me realize something. I'm not judging the man but I am going to make my point across that most people live in one of three worlds.

The What If?

The Hopeful

The Excitement

But what exactly are these three worlds? Let's dive in a bit deeper.......

The What If ?
Also known as living in the past, over 60% of the world lives in this time frame. You know who they are, they constantly whine, *****, moan and complain about what they should or would have done in different situations.
They know they made mistakes but REFUSE to look past them. Sometimes they didn't even make the mistake because it's just how things work out for them. ( Examples: being born a certain way, being in situations you have no control over)

The problem with living in the past is that it limits you from reaching your full potential as a man. The reason why most people can't escape this reality is simple.

THEY DO NOT WANT TO MOVE ON FOR FEAR OF WHAT'S IN STORE FOR THE FUTURE!!!

For example, everybody knows the New England Patriots.....
Remeber their first super bowl? They got there asses kicked by the Bears in 86, now emagine for a second if the team owner/s thought about that loss for the next couple of years. Imagine them saying, "This franchise is done, lets get rid of it." < poof > no more patriots......

Are you getting me hear?

But they didn't sulk and cry (they probably did after losing but with good reason) Eventually they made another super bowl, they lost the second one but look at them today. They are one of the most dominating teams in the NFL simply because they moved on. Alot of the "TRUE" DJ will agree, what ever is causing you to hold on the past, you need to let it go. Your past doesn't make you who you are, you decide who you want to become.

There's a book called "Who moved my cheese" by Spencer Johnson, it goes into great detail about escaping your past.

The Hopeful

The second reality is what we call the hopeful. Like those who live in the past, these are the people who live in the future. Is this bad? It can be to a certain extent.

The Future Life
Sure I think it's safe to say that you and every member of this board wants this future life.

• A wife or a couple of women who has that bangin body, but is/are there for you not your money
  • Kids of your own
  • Being finacially stable - having the money to do whatever the hell you wanna do and go wherever the **** you want
  • Your own vision of the body you want
  • And a few more - nice car, big house, etc.

Sure that's all fine and dandy,

BUT

You might not be here tomorrow. I'm not trying to jinx you or anybody else I'm just saying don't make the mistake of leaving in the future. The future may never come. The future may never happen. The future may never exist.
Sure is good to make plans for the future. I want you to continue to dream big. Just don't live in the particular reality. While 60% of the world lives in the past, the other 45% live in the future.

The Excitement

So what about the other 5%?

These people live in the present, or what some may call as living in the moment. This is where people should be. But they don't. Why?

Because were to tied up into living ion the other two realities described above. Were to worried about "if I had just done A,B and C in the past then I'd be, D,C and E"

Cut the BS, because you know for a damn fact that in reality people actually don't give a flying hoot about the future and outcomes of there actions. If your banging HB9 in her car are you gonna sit there and think to yourself, "man I wonder what happened yesterday, and whats gonna happen tomorrow?" HELL NO!!!

Why?

Because it's not gonna benfit you at that very moment.

Live in the Now

Don't live in the past.

Don't live in the future.

Live in the Now.

Don't live in the past.

So what if you didn't make the team, get that HB you wanted, get the car you wanted, got the job you wanted, or get anything you wanted. Nobody gives a flying **** about what you did unless it's (a) Illegal and the law is involved or (b) it has some impact on there life.

QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST AND GROW THE **** UP!!!!

Don't Live In the future.

You may not see tomorrow, You may not live to be 500. Your only hear once so make use of the time you have and enjoy that ****. There's people who are born brain damaged, blind, deaf or other complicated problems.

SO QUIT DREAMING ABOUT YOUR FAIRY TALE FUTURE AND LIVE IN THE ****ING MOMENT!!!!!!!

LIVE IN THE NOW
LIVE IN THE NOW
LIVE IN THE NOW

Don't worry about your past, your future will become of what you ulimately make it through your actions you take today. It will come eventually.

For those getting out of college or who are already out, remember saying,

" I can't wait till high-school is over, I can't wait till college is over, etc"

You know damn well what I mean when at times you wish you were a kid again. NO BILLS, NO GAS PRICES, NO RENT!!!!

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS GET YOUR **** DONE!!!

LIVE IN THE NOW

THE SAME APPLIES TO YOU GUYS IN HIGH-SCHOOL

REMEMBER SAYING,

"I can't wait till high school.."

Now you regret saying that and your either eager to (a) leave to college or
(b) get out of the house!!!!!

LIVE IN THE NOW

DON'T LIVE IN YOUR PAST

DON'T LIVE IN YOUR FUTURE

LIVE

LIVE IN THE MOMENT

:up:

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Nice advice!

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
all thumbs up

The Gamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
While 60% of the world lives in the past, the other 45% live in the future.
O really?

I don't agree with your advice at all. You must combine all three to reach your maximum potential.

DjSoOHain

Don Juan
Reaction score
agreed... pretty good advice... poor examples though :p oh well it gets the job done.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Gamer said:
O really?

I don't agree with your advice at all. You must combine all three to reach your maximum potential.
You sure as hell do

I made this for a couple of guys I know who constantly live in either (a) the pas or (b) the future

:up:

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Another post where someone uses caps and bold to get their obvious point across to make it seem like they're making a prolific breakthrough in the community when it's nothing prolific whatsoever.

AlexTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SickAgain said:
Another post where someone uses caps and bold to get their obvious point across to make it seem like they're making a prolific breakthrough in the community when it's nothing prolific whatsoever.
It's the only way to get all 110% of the population behind this thread. :p

I'm kidding Pro, it's a good thread. But as others have said, a combo is necessary: if you only live in the present, then you limit yourself since you have no plan. You take what comes, but if what comes is not good enough, there's nothing you can do about it but accept it. If you look at the future, you open the possibility of elaborating a plan, a destiny; of writing a history. If you look in the past, you can view the mistakes of others (or your own), and protect yourself from doing them again. Everything requires a balance.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice.

But why deosn't someone just type up The Power Of NOW and post it in a thread? :p

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great, another live in the now post... just what we need... now with huge, gigantic text and lots of curse words replaced with asterisks.

Like those who live in the past, these are the people who live in the future.
That's like saying: "Like those who are boys, they are girls" or "Like those who are black, they are white." These are opposites, and not like each other at all.

Rook

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't Regret your past.
Don't Worry about your future.
For the moment you are living, is now!

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Heard it before... when in reality it should go...

Learn from your past.
Plan for your Future.
Now... go get laid.

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(a) Illegal and the law is involved or (b) it has some impact on there life.

what about these people? what are they supposed to do now? give up?

or these?

there's people who are born brain damaged, blind, deaf or other complicated problems.

nothing?

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sosilky said:
So what if you didn't make the team, get that HB you wanted, get the car you wanted, got the job you wanted, or get anything you wanted. Nobody gives a flying **** about what you did unless it's (a) Illegal and the law is involved or (b) it has some impact on there life. there's people who are born brain damaged, blind, deaf or other complicated problems.

what about these people? what are they supposed to do now? give up?
do nothing?

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(A) They do there time UNLESS thery're innocent

(B) I know it's messed up that there are people with these problems but really what can they do other than live life?