Texting in a relationship

happyman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know when your first getting to know a girl texting can be a good thing...

but when youve been in a relationship a while, and you have time apart not seeing each other for a few days, do you think its a good idea to keep in touch via text?

I'm in two minds...

1) its good to keep in touch and talk throughout the day about what youve both been upto

but then theres this...

2) It's better to leave all the texting and that till you see each other - that way youve had time to miss each other and have lots to talk about and share!

What do YOU think?!

jeffreylebowski

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, once you've been seeing a girl for awhile, texting throughout the day is pretty standard. I mean, you don't need to have entire conversations that go on all day, but some texts here and there throughout the day are just fine. Some girls like to text you all the damn time about everything going on in their lives. Some girls are less that way. Just remember that while you can develop good rapport via text, it must not substitute in person time spent, else things will get stale.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
happyman2012 said:
I know when your first getting to know a girl texting can be a good thing...

but when youve been in a relationship a while, and you have time apart not seeing each other for a few days, do you think its a good idea to keep in touch via text?

I'm in two minds...

1) its good to keep in touch and talk throughout the day about what youve both been upto
Well, here's the thing...I don't text "throughout the day."

If something interesting happens, I'll text her and say it. But I don't to the thing where you guys text back and forth for 10 hours about random nonsense.

Keep it short and interesting and you don't have to worry about your 2nd point. She'll still miss you and have lots to talk about. You're just reaching out and saying "hello" with something interesting.

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would personally rather have a short phone call sometime during the day than a barrage of texts all day. It means more to me when a man picks up the phone (because he wants to) and sets aside a few minutes to have a chat than to have a few sporadic texts because he's bored at work.

That's just my two cents, though. I hate texting.

instantnoodles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. Texting is sh1t! It's only for those too scared to face conversations head-on or who hate talking directly to the Other Party.

If you hate talking on the phone, how can you handle being direct when you have to ? :yes:

I once knew a guy who hated talking on the phone. Everytime I asked "can I call you honey?" He would think "oh no better flake on that :nervous: "

I just played it cool. What can I do? :crackup:

libellaswing

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the sporadic text that's funny or interesting, but too many mundane texts are a turn off for me. I'd rather wonder what you're up to and be genuinely excited to hear from you.