text messaging!?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just wanted to see what you fellas think of text messaging in regards to talk to the ladies.i use it randomly to ask if someone wants to get lunch or such but not for conversations.do you know of any bad/good that could come from using text service?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres the list from bad to best:

Online dating website > Aim > Text messaging > Answering machine tagging > phone > in person.

Only use text messaging when you're in a situation where it is rude or not practical to talk. And even then keep it to the bare minumum.

So if you're just using it to set up a lunch date that's fine, but if you have the option call her.

Oooosh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously texting has a different vibe in the states.

Everyone uses SMS here in New Zealand ...for formal or non-formal talk.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oooosh
Obviously texting has a different vibe in the states.

Everyone uses SMS here in New Zealand ...for formal or non-formal talk.
No, a lot of people do it, but us don juans are better than that.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, you can come off completely misunderstood, and you fdon't see her reaction through msg'ing. Phone or in person is the place for the moves.

Testify

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well my ex girlfriend loved texting me. Every morning I would wake up to a text message from her that got me feeling good and wanting her. I would reply the odd time. We went to sep. schools to so we used text messaging alot so we could talk during school. It really depends on the situation. However if we had the chance to talk on the phone or in person then we'd obviously do that.

And you obviously don't want to do any asking out or talk about anything that means anything to you or her over text messaging.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blinkwatt
i just wanted to see what you fellas think of text messaging in regards to talk to the ladies.i use it randomly to ask if someone wants to get lunch or such but not for conversations.do you know of any bad/good that could come from using text service?
I would call to set things up instead.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend perfers to use text messaging over using the phone for most things. She's usually the one texting me and I'm usually the one calling.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
text messaging has only ever helped me.