**** talking

MadMax

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently found this forum, and it's great to see there are a community of people out there going through the same **** as me.

Here's my problem... Occasionally I get clowned on and find that I'm not quick enough to come back with something to defend myself when put on the spot. If there are women around or whatever, I know that my value is dropping like a rock when I've got nothing to come back with.

I'm trying to approach this problem constructively. I know that I'm not going to become the best **** talker in the world, but my question for you guys is how do I get better? I feel that this is a major problem for me right now, and really feel I need to improve in this area.

Thanks in advance

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where I am from. You talk sh!t and find yourself in a ditch.

Why you wanna talk sh!t? Or are you saying you don't have good comebacks?

MadMax

Reaction score
I should clarify. I just can't think of any good comebacks in a pinch and am looking for ways to improve on that.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you get clowned on? Is it a lack of respect? I don't get clowned on because I don't usually joke around like that. I won't get in the verbal one upmanship game in public where I can loose face. If its just the fellas sitting around, that's different. In public I don't go for that. If one of my boys starts up, I'll look at him and say, 'What are you 12, grow up" and go get a drink or start talking to someone else or change the subject. If your not good at **** talking, just avoid it all together. Take the high road.

MadMax

Reaction score
Warrior,

The situations where I get clowned on are few and far between so maybe you're right and I shouldn't focus on it as much as I do. Every time it happens though and I can't come back it makes me feel really sh**ty. I feel like it's a valuable skill to have and I'm just wondering if other people have been a little slow on the comebacks and discovered ways to improve on that.

Apostle IX

Don Juan
Reaction score
The same use to happen to me eventually it just came over time naturally but I usually use my strengths to my advantage or what ever or certain situations

jerk: oh hey nice shirt your mom buy it for you
me: no yours did after dinner last night

or there just not worth your time for you to even pay attention to what they have said also just paying attention to interesting things in the world helps not only with that will help with better comebacks and conversations

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it your friend's group that is doing this to you or random people?

If its the friend's group the answer is simple...

Get some new friends.

If its random people remember the clever insults they use on you and use them on new people where applicable who insult you.

MadMax

Reaction score
It is usually my friends or acquaintances not strangers. The thing is it usually isn't said with malice they just all bust each others balls. However most can come back with something so they don't appear or feel really weak. I find that I can't come back with sh*t as quickly as other people and I feel pretty sh*tty when it happens.

It could be that I'm placing too much emphasis on this and I should just learn to ignore it. However if I could improve on it somehow, I think it would be a valuable thing to work on.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a better solution for you.

If you refuse to get rid of these "friends" just don't go out with them when you are on the hunt for chicks.

Most chicks find a group of guys approaching them intimidating anyway.

Plus you'll have enough male competition out there as it is so why bring more along with you?

I personally think of the whole wingman idea of this site as training wheels.

Its good to help you get out there and build confidence but once confidence is acheived you no longer need a buddy or a bunch of guys to go out with and cruise for chicks with.

Go it alone, lone wolf style and you won't have to worry about AMOG's from people ie your friends who shouldn't be AMOGing you in the first place.

I absolutely fvcking hate that "ball busting" type of boston/new york styled friendship. Its fvcking stupid as all hell in my opinion.

Know that I'm just criticizing this style of friendship not hating on you brother. I honestly think you'd be better off either ditching these friends or going it alone if you indeed were talking about these people "clowning on you" when you are out on the hunt for chicks which you didn't really specify in your opening post but most of the people who come here making a topic similar to this, well that is their problem.