Talk or Not Talk to "X"

Nightmoves77

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys do about LTR's after you start moving on? I feel like an immature jerk for completely cutting off the LTR. It was a very long LTR 5+yrs... And we have been apart since Nov '04' by her choice,"Find herself/New guys, obviously!"

Told my friends(Probably knowing I would hear!).
1. Made right choice
2. Happy
3. New BF

Hell, I'm even suppose to meet up with a new girl today... Ok, so this is going to be a mess...
She took a shot and sent me back to step one... I am going to concentrate on the new hottie, but man... Do you guys hold onto LTR's... As friends.. Be honest!!
Hoping for the luck of the Irish!!

Silquee Smoove

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to say "no", move on and don't speak to her.

If, on rare occasions you feel the need to talk, do it in small sessions, the relationship is over and you need to focus on other things.

Women, once they have moved on will already be discussing any new B-F/prospects with you when you do speak with them again, even if only on a casual level.

If you do speak with your "X" again depending on the level of your relationship and whether there is any bad feelings, you should keep it cordial, casual and low-key. Business-like even.

spukee

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm only friends with ONE of my ex-girlfriends, and that's likely only because she's literally on the other side of the continent now. The fact that it was a mutual split doesn't hurt much either.

Unless your ex is marrying your brother, you probably don't have a reason to rekindle the friendship. I'd say just let it slide.

DrSoSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let her go, and maybe what's better for you is to tell her that you don't want to be friends with her and give her a permanent good bye. No hard feelings, but you have a life to live. She's didn't want to be part of it any more back in November.

Nightmoves77

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah...
I just need to hear it repetitively... Move on... Drop it!! She just hit me hard telling my friends things that would get back to me.. I let her go completely... and she is still out to get me!!

Consequently... The girls number I got this week, wasn't actually her's, it was this new girl's sister and she has a BF!! Just trying to play her BF!!
Damn I pick some evil B1tches!!! Drop that and find a new one..

I think eventually I will have to at least attempt to be cordial with the X, because when new GF's ask you don't want to tell them you were a Jerk to the last one... Plus I want everyone to know she is a B1tch... !!!
One more drink for St. Patrick's Day!!

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
great advice here. I think you should really consider what the doc said. She decided to "find herself" back in Nov. If she couldn't do it with you then why should you remain in the picture.