Supplements??

yunghova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
i knwo that a supplement will be good for me but i don't knwo exactly what to try/buy.

in due time i will go to the gym, but now all i want is for my abs to get BACK into shape am doing is eating smaller meal and crunches 100 or so a day. I see results but i keep hearing "use a supplement"

so can anyone recommend a supplement or maybe a pill that will help me. and by the way i see pills and stuff on TV that help you lose weight and burn fat, is any of the stuff any good?

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NO.

If you want to BUILD muscle, then there are plenty of supplements you can take to help you get there (like creatine).

BUT if you want to just BURN FAT, get into a CUTTING program.

Those pills on TV can help but they are absolutely not necessary unless you CAN NOT lose weight the natural way due some glandular problem / and or are morbidly obese.

dastal

Banned
Reaction score
crunches 100 or so a day

no. Do about 30, 3 sets of 10 SLOWLY
I used to do 80 non-stop everyday. It did nothing, really.

harwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want abs... you don't need to worry about supplements... first get your diet in order and THEN maybe start taking a supplement... You have to lower your body fat % if you want to see your abs.... NO AMOUNT of crunches is going to get by this fact.

When I'm doing fatloss I lifts weights 3x a weeks like normal, and then on my off days (3x / wk) do cardio (stationary bike) for 45 mins, making sure to keep the heart rate at 75% of its max (~150 beats/min). As for a supplement, I take 200 mg of caffeine and I THINK 315 mg of asprin (whatever amount the pills normally come in) about an hr before cardio and once again maybe 4 hr. after. This is called the ECA stack, however, Ephdrine is now illegal so I only take the Caffeine and Asprin, which should still work pretty well. I do cardio in the morning so the caffeine isn't a problem. If your gonna do cardio, make sure to do it in the morning before you eat ANYTHING, if you don't, all you'll be burning off in the gym are the glycogen supplys you've been giving your muscles all day instead of the fat you want to get rid of...

HTH
Robert

yunghova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by harwell
If you want abs... you don't need to worry about supplements... first get your diet in order and THEN maybe start taking a supplement... You have to lower your body fat % if you want to see your abs.... NO AMOUNT of crunches is going to get by this fact.

When I'm doing fatloss I lifts weights 3x a weeks like normal, and then on my off days (3x / wk) do cardio (stationary bike) for 45 mins, making sure to keep the heart rate at 75% of its max (~150 beats/min). As for a supplement, I take 200 mg of caffeine and I THINK 315 mg of asprin (whatever amount the pills normally come in) about an hr before cardio and once again maybe 4 hr. after. This is called the ECA stack, however, Ephdrine is now illegal so I only take the Caffeine and Asprin, which should still work pretty well. I do cardio in the morning so the caffeine isn't a problem. If your gonna do cardio, make sure to do it in the morning before you eat ANYTHING, if you don't, all you'll be burning off in the gym are the glycogen supplys you've been giving your muscles all day instead of the fat you want to get rid of...

HTH
Robert
Ok, great advice and i will follow, let me ask you ior anyone this since i should being doin cardo as well, what cardio activies can i do at home, i dont have a bike so thats out until I get a gym memmbership, but for the mean time what cardo can i do ith around the house items.

and let me get this str8 doing my crunches (a hundread or so) doing cardo will lower my BF and help me abs and eventally using a supplement, is there naything im missing?>???

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by yunghova35
Ok, great advice and i will follow, let me ask you ior anyone this since i should being doin cardo as well, what cardio activies can i do at home, i dont have a bike so thats out until I get a gym memmbership, but for the mean time what cardo can i do ith around the house items.

and let me get this str8 doing my crunches (a hundread or so) doing cardo will lower my BF and help me abs and eventally using a supplement, is there naything im missing?>???
You really might want to do just a little bit of research on this on your own, if you really plan on following through with it.