summer plans

september_road

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be finished with my freshman year in college in a week or two. However, this summer I was planning on getting an internship, but was rejected from every single letter of response so far. I have to take a summer class because I dropped a class this past semester since I was almost failing it, and I'll be also looking for a part time job. But I'll be in town most of the summer and was wondering what are some neat things to do. I definitely plan on playing basketball, golf, tennis with my friends. I also plan on going to dance clubs, ball games, and what not if I can get people to join me. Anything else to spend the summer doing?

A few friends of mine are planning on taking a 10 day east coast road trip over the summer as well. Do you have any suggestions of some cool things to do on a road trip with just guy friends?(since I've never been on one without my family before)

Also, when I see my high school friends over the summer what is the best way to make a good impression on them and be more outgoing around them, instead of how I was pre-college. I want to show all of them how I've changed, but I'm afraid when I interact with them I'll fall back to my old patterns and be very unsociable.

Dillinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything else....Everything you say....you come back with a negative thought....quit second guessing yourself....

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
Cool things to do on a road trip? Impress your high school friends? Anything else to spend the summer doing?

It sounds like you are simply looking for affirmations from people, something to stroke your ego and make you feel secure and accepted. I would suggest going to a boot camp over summer, if there is such a thing for free, or joining boy scounts or some organization where you can be trained. You have a long way of working on yourself, no need to wait for summer for that, start now. You can have a fresh perspective in a month, perhaps.