Style.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
What can you guys recommend for attractive clothing? For some reason, I think girls at my school just aren't digging my style. I wear baggy jeans, with a white/black t-shirt that usually has a logo on it.

Zod

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't wear baggy clothes, wear clothes that are actually your size.

I don't think you need to have a really nice nice shirt with expensive pants to look good.

What works for me is jeans and a t-shirt real simple, and not that expensive.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zod
Dont say that, because you sound like a retard. Please explain the effects of wearing baggy clothes...

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear weird clothes... and often mistaken for being gay... BUT HEY, girls love that sh*t! But of course I do it because *I* like it... I'm not a poser.

I'm preppy one day:

Striped shirt often ironed, buttoned to chest
Jeans no wrinkles, could be ironed
Tee under shirt, color matches the striped shirt's logo
Flip flops or white shoes

Some day's im emo/punk-ish:

Normal tee (the thing that is "in" is band tees or humor logo tees)
Brown belt, or black metal studded belt
Jeans, wrinkles, holes, who cares??? (I own one pair of chick jeans, girls love that sh*t too)
Old shoes (where the rubber is yellow)

Or just myself:
(I wear Hollister)
Striped shirt, or western type shirts from Hollister
Jeans, wrinkles, holes, doesn't matter, or chick jeans
Tee under shirt, or no under shirt (if buttoned... but can get nasty if you get sweaty)
Flip flips or old shoes

Don't diss my style... it's me.. it looks good.. and girls love it.

danrizzy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the DJ Bible! It's important to Just Be Yourself (JBY). Don't change your style for someone else. Girls love original and confident people.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by danrizzy
Read the DJ Bible! It's important to Just Be Yourself (JBY). Don't change your style for someone else. Girls love original and confident people.
Be Myself? Hah! Myself is the loser who afraids of what other people think.

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude. You are asking us for style tips?

Well those links up there look ok.

One thing I don't suggest is gettin shirts with phrases on the front or anything, because more then likely they have already been seen and worn before.

I have a Bob Ross shirt that I could of sworn that no one had ever worn at my school, and the day I wear it, someone else does also.

It kind of depends on what looks good on you, and what other peoele wear.

You can't go wrong with American Eagle, Abercrombie, hollister, and Pac Sun.

Just whatever is in the mall, but be cautious, because it sucks seeing soemone wearing the same clothes as you.

But I wear tight jeans, whatever T shirt I see in my closet, and some shoes.

What ever you wear should be fine, because like I have said before, it's not what you wear, it's how you act.

I pity the fool.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Cool, I'm down with the tight jeans things, however...
You can't go wrong with American Eagle, Abercrombie, hollister, and Pac Sun.
I haven't heard about American Eagle or Pac Sun, but I have to say NO for things like abercrombie and hollister.
Also, I haven't gotten new shoes for a while and my current shoes are very dirty, that may also be a turn off.

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No one looks bad in Abercrombie and Hollister.

You reject the best I have, and you won't get much better.

Why don't you like them. You don't have to dress gay or anything, but it works well enough for anyone. I guess you could get shirts from Hot Topic. I love Hot Topic.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Viper
Cool, I'm down with the tight jeans things, however...

I haven't heard about American Eagle or Pac Sun, but I have to say NO for things like abercrombie and hollister.
Also, I haven't gotten new shoes for a while and my current shoes are very dirty, that may also be a turn off.
Dude old shoes are sweet... just throw them in the washer on cold. and put it in the dryer... itll look old.. but cleaner... what color are they?

Originally posted by 08aisaac

Why don't you like them. You don't have to dress gay or anything, but it works well enough for anyone. I guess you could get shirts from Hot Topic. I love Hot Topic.
same as me... i get comments on how great my style is... from girls, gay guys... its freakin funny.... but its a confidence booster

plus alot of people at my school have styles where they TRY TOO HARD!... they wear EXACTLY what other people wear... but different colors (Hollister Seagull teashirts) Its ugly, its lame, and its trying too hard.

I for some reason NEVER.. EVER seen anyone wear the same humor shirts from Hollister... or the same striped... or western like shirt... NEVER... i always thought people would buy them after me... but they rather choose the same old 10 different colored choice seagull shirt from hollister... gahhhhhh

plus i hate going around to the mall.. and seeing stupid *ss 16 year olds (which i am) being ****y and thinknig they are the sh*t.. because their clothes are "super-freakin-cool"... its jsut lame to watch people who think they have style and TRY to act it...
On the other hand.. i go to the mall and talk to the hollister girls and ask them around for advice on what jeans i should get...

ahhaha i remember whe ni got my chick jeans...

"blah blah would you think it was gay if i walked in here with girly jeans?

"No, id think it was really hot" blah balh.. and so she offered to help me choose some

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter

strams4ever

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 08aisaac

Not everyone looks good in Abercrombie and Hollister, they are designed for tall slim guys.. i went shopping with my friend, hes 6'2 240 the best OT you ever seen. They just dont fit him.. simple as that

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's true. What do you look like Viper?

Just tell us.

Super FLY Guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be Myself? Hah! Myself is the loser who afraids of what other people think.
You should gain some confidence in yourself and stop caring so much as to what other people think. (Fight Club is a great movie to help you develope the I don't give a Sh!t attitude.)

YAMON dj

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls, at least at my school, hate the 'baggy' pants and boxers showing, makes u look like a huge loser.

we just wear a t-shirt with maybe a loose jacket over it with jeans (not baggy) or knee length (maybe a tiny bit longer) shorts.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'9 185 Pound black guy.

not to be racist... i hate this racist ****.... but now that you show that you are black... there kinda IS a difference... ya know?

I think the preppy black style is the ****

i also think the vintage preppy black style

Preppy (for some black people):
Hair... Short, but long enough to do waves forward

Jeans... could be a bit baggy, or maybe not... but make sure It's
ironed and has a crease down the center, it looks pimp.

Shirt... clean white/black tee, or a nice Tommy Hilfiger style striped shirt... example the blue style shirt... For the shirt, it looks good when you leave it straight on your arm, don't roll it up. Flip the cuffs upwards, Make sure the entire shirt is ironed, especially the sleeves and the cuffs.

Shoes... it's always a good idea to have a pair if Timberlands example... also when you wear Timberlands all the time, have a nice pair of adidas shoes back home in the box still that you only take out for your best looking day example

For the black guy with the AE/Abecrombie/Hollister Style is pretty pimp also:
Hair... This one i always thought was cool... Get your hair long enough, but not too long... have your hair have curls that are clumped together... I asked my friend how he did it, and i must admit, hes a pimp... "I just use white peoples gel... and it does it's own curls"... and to the white folk around here... don't take that offensively.

AE/A&F/HCo Logo Tee always looks nice, or striped shirt.

Nice pair of jeans, no holes, but if you like wholes and if it looks nice, why not?

Shoes... brown leather flip-flops or brown leather shoes from AE (AE is the only place I see these kinds) example

ok guys don't take this **** offensively... since i did point out there was a difference between black folk and white folk clothing... im neither black or white... I'm just good at style... i observe things like style.

tell me what you think

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well yeah this changes things a little.

And basically the preppy style should work fine.

I even saw someone with this belt, that had abuckle on it with scrolling text.

You should do fine.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soniq_red
185lbs are you buff or fat, that changes alot.

ya... no offense again...

if you are ..."fat"... go with the preppy black style taht i said...

if you are buff... either one works fine

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zod

I don't think you need to have a really nice nice shirt with expensive pants to look good.

What works for me is jeans and a t-shirt real simple, and not that expensive.
Originally posted by YAMON dj
Girls, at least at my school, hate the 'baggy' pants and boxers showing, makes u look like a huge loser.

we just wear a t-shirt with maybe a loose jacket over it with jeans (not baggy) or knee length (maybe a tiny bit longer) shorts.
f*ck that haha. It really depends on where you live I guess. Most of the guys here where baggy clothes and alot just wear white or black tees. I kind of like wearing plain tees sometimes cus theyre cheap and they look good. It depends on what school you go to and who you are though.

No one's style is really "right". It's just their own style. Like for me, it's hard to understand how baggy clothes make you look like a loser but wearing TIGHT GIRLS pants doesn't. Again, though, that's just cus wear I live and who I am.

Viper, just figure out what works for you, tell us, and we could prolly give you tips on how to dress like that. Is most of that 185lbs muscle or fat? Cus at 5'9", u a heavy dude...