strong silent type works in high school?

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as many of you know, i'm gon' to move to another high school next monday (it'll be the 12th grade out of 13). in my ex-class the guy who got more poon was the strong silent (he was kinda jerk, he talked with just a few people and hung out with people from other schools, not with people of our class). the second who got more poon was me. the third was a really loud guy.
does this mean that the strong silent type is more appreciated than the loud one, in high school?

Centy

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont think that you should go for the 'strong, silent dude' thing right away, considering that you are starting a new school. Get to know a few people at first, test the waters and then go for the silent-attitude if you feel the need for it.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How well do you know him? Once you know a person personally, they become a lot different.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, when you're talking the top three poon-men in the class, and the loud one and quiet one are there, it means that either one is good. Though I'm more of a loud than strong silent type, that's just my personality. I can't see how strong and silent can get many friends, but if it works and that's how you want it, go for it.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iv never seen a particularly successful example of a strong but silent type. They tend to get easily confused with the AFCs who hang around at the back at parties. You can be strong and silent, but then convey with your actions and be confident. YOU CANNOT STAND AT THE BACK AND EXPECT THEM TO COME TO YOU.

The people who it works for are either extrememly good looking and lucky or outgoing at parties and the life and soul of a group, teh leader.

Well good luck, i want to hear more about this silent guy who got poon

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe i didn't make myself clear enough... since i'm not english-spoken, i can be hard to understand, i know, italian school sux:)

when i say strong and silent, i don't mean someone who doesn't get noticed at all. this guy goes to clubs and asks girls out without any problems (often he's the one approached). it's just that he's not loud at all and talks just when necessary... he's not the one that makes the whole class laugh by tellin' funny stories... he tells'em to 3 or 4 people at once... he likes bein' the center of attention, but not when too much people is present.

can u get it now?! ask for other infos:)

by the way, after a date with my girlfriend, i hung out with my friends for an hour. i didn't act loud and funny as always and, all of a sudden, nobody made fun of me... i became the center of attention, without even sayin' a word... how can this happen?!

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That strong silent type your mentioning seems to me like someone who's confident and doesn't need to prove anything to anyone; doesn't really care whether he's getting all the attention or not.

That's a good thing.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Typically when someone says they want to be the strong silent type they are talking about not needing to prove themselves (even when they do), it sounds like he is proven therefore there is no trouble attracting girls. Most people want to be able to sit in a corner and not have to work at all and expect that it will work, it does not. Unless you have laid the groundworkk and done the hard work already. The most important part being social proof.

Playboi0323

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you said you got the second most amount of punani? --Well, just keep doing what you were doing! Is there some kind of race or school record that you're trying to break? Just do what you were doing. You might get the most or you might get the 16th most. Just quit complaining. Focus more on quality not quantity. I won't sleep with an girl unless she is an 8 or up. Those below I use for material things. (I'm so bad.) :D

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centy
i dont think that you should go for the 'strong, silent dude' thing right away, considering that you are starting a new school. Get to know a few people at first, test the waters and then go for the silent-attitude if you feel the need for it.