Stringing a Girl Along, I Need Some Professional Help.

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like her, she likes me. All in all, she's a pretty sweet package:

-Very intelligent, she's basically top of the class.
-Extremely attractive, she's easily a nine.
-Very cool. What can I say, I like her.

She came off as pretty innocent but she definitely has a wild side. This kind of shook me up a little, I wasn't expecting it. I'm not really in a rush to go steady, in fact, I'm determined not to...yet. So this is unfamiliar territory for me. I'd like to be "friends with benefits" for a few months.

With me being her exclusive friend.

So yeah, I haven't done anything and she expects me to. I was hoping I could get some advice on doing it without making it "official" and all the responsibilities that come with that. While keeping her satisfied with the state of the relationship. Should I just move in and pray melodrama doesn't collapse on top of me?

swifTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
just go with it man.

don't worry about what she's wantin. just focus on what you want. maybe something works out, maybe not. keep your attachment in check. hopefully she does the same. if she doesn't, well, its not your bad. you were trying her out, she's not the one, what can ya do? think about it from her perspective, if you turned out to not be the one, i bet she fukk u off pritty darn quick. she won't care bout your feelings right. its a tryout. think of it as such.

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The investment was already made, oneitus has gripped us both. Sounds dirty to say, but there was a pretty solid connection from the get go. What can I say, I have a way about me. I just need to detach myself and become a dikc and I'd be right where I want to be. Alas, I get attached to beautiful, smart, and funny women.

I just want to limit my oneitus.

swifTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
ahh got ya.

well hey why not just go with it. she sounds like a sweet deal man.
if your worried about the oneitus; well; think of it as practice; try and control it. I dunno.

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My older friend told me the only way to get better with women is to get your heart broken. That sounds like it sucks. This seems like a prime opportunity too...

swifTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm i wouldn't say getting your heart broken is what makes you better. Id say Experience is what makes you get better.

i say go for it man. you said it yourself. she's the goods. and so are you.

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks lol, sorry about your dinner.

They were words of wisdom, so it wasn't a complete waste of an egg.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-
FWB implies NONexclusivity, man.
-
-
-

marinetti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"friends with benefits" with you being the only friends sounds to me like a relationship without any of the male disadvantages, only the female ones.

that said, if you're completely new at dating women, you have to start somewhere. I'd say an intelligent, beautiful, funny nine is a good way to do that.

milrenkb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, sometimes oneitis can be okay. If you guys like each other then enjoy. Don't get so tied up in wether or not shes a Republican while you pop ectasy and vote for the green party.

Alright maybe I went to far but to me it sounds like your trying to follow some ASF/DJ rulebook. Trust me, one of the most important things in this world is to be able to think for yourself. If you want a relationship then get a relationship. If you want a harem, then check into therapy, because no guy in his right mind can handle that many women on his own.

marinetti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haha it's like you're hungry but don't want to eat because you've heard sometimes people get indigestion....

okay, maybe that wasn't funny, but it made me laugh.

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Boo! Where's the help I need? It's closer to me being hungry and her being a burrito. She tastes/looks/smells good but is going to bring out some serious siht later. I'd much rather eat half of the burrito to avoid Montezuma's revenge and yet be satisfied. If that makes sense.

I don't want to share my burrito either. And I may want to try some side dishes.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alkali said:
I'd like to be "friends with benefits" for a few months.

With me being her exclusive friend.

I was hoping I could get some advice on doing it without making it "official" and all the responsibilities that come with that. While keeping her satisfied with the state of the relationship. Should I just move in and pray melodrama doesn't collapse on top of me?

Aren't you counting your chickens before they're hatched?

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
Aren't you counting your chickens before they're hatched?
True that. But I have the fertile eggs right here. So I might as well.

If I break them I'll go get more.