strange.. i have a question

RandomGuy22

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been working out and 'cutting' for about 8 weeks now. I've noticed definite improvements, but I havcen't really fixed my diet (except i switched to Diet soda's, and I have multi vitamins / protein shakes now) other than that though, I pretty much eat w/e I want and it still seems like i'm getting closer to my 6 pack everyday. I work out 4-5 times a week, and usually haveabout 40 minute hardcore cardio sessions at at least 2 of those 4-5. I am pretty active, so I guess that may help, but my question is...

Does anyone have this? LIke.. you can eat w/e you want and still cut?

p.s. i'm about 5'7 140 lbs.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can get away with it if your metabolism is high enough. Most likely it will slow down as your bodyfat decreases and you will have to change your diet to get your bodyfat really low. But you never know, some people are lucky...

manicmaximum

Don Juan
Reaction score
when you say youre 'cutting' - what specifically are you doing? i know what cutting is...just want to know what YOU are doing.

since youre not changing your diet, i assume youre just doing more cardio compared to your bulking phase?

i ask because i'm 5'7 148lb and theres a few inches of fat that just wont go away.

RandomGuy22

Don Juan
Reaction score
i do 30 minute cardio sessions about twice aw eek. And on monday i'm going to start swimming everday (about 1000 - 2000 yards). I'm not hella cut or anything, but i'm slowly getting there. I eat almost what I want. I think I balance it out by not eatin ga lot though.. Like yesterday all I had to eat was 3 pieces of pizza and a pretzel with a lot of water. so perhaps eating what I want, but not eatinga lot is what is doing it? not sure

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people are genetically gifted. I had a room mate a while back that had one of the mose symetrical, cut bodies I've seen. He wasn't huge. Just thicker than average. Thing is, he never worked out.

Some of us bust our @sses to get cut and never really get there.

Count your blessings...

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True. Some people are genetically gifted, however, since you, Randomguy, say you're "not hella cut," I'm pretty sure you won't get down to real good levels by eating what you want. When you get to about the 11.5% Body fat mark or so, your body just does not wanna give it up, and something's gonna have to change.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i always ask people this when they come to me with fitness questions. if your losing fat now and eating what you know should slow it down. what do you think would happen if you ate clean.

donjan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because you're not getting fat from it doesn't mean it's healthy. Keep that in mind, and of course, eating reasonably healthy is always a good thing.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you said u switched to diet sodas and eat what you want but dont eat a lot, for example u ate just one pretzel (bretzel ?!) three pieces of pizza and drank a lot of water the other day. If you didnt eat anything else and if thats how much you usually eat, its no wonder ur losing weight. That would definetly be less than 2000 calories...if thats all you eat you risk losing muscle too though cause you will hardly get any protein from that...however I think you do take protein hsakes (like u said) and dont eat that little every day, but cut out the sodas for example right? If you cut out drinking 1 liter of soda a day youll get about 450 calories less which would already be enough to go from maintaining weight to losing weight, I guess. However if you wanna get in real good shape ure most likely gonna have to change your diet and be more strict about it...but you wont have to do it as long as youre still losing weight (maintaining your lifts and not losing any/too much muscle). Maybe youll really get where u want just by eating like this ;-)

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well during your workouts youre probably burning more calories than what youre consuming, and if youre drinking protein shakes youll be building muscle too.

especially if youre still growing this is not strange at all. why would it be if youre working out, youre also doing cardio youre and drinking protein?

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're probably also a teenager. Once you hit 20 your metabolism will slow down a bit.

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RandomGuy22
I work out 4-5 times a week, and usually haveabout 40 minute hardcore cardio sessions at at least 2 of those 4-5.
Target Heart Rate: The number of heartbeats per minute (bpm) needed to achieve a particular fitness "zone." The target heart rate for fat loss is 140 bpm, while the desired bpm for cardiovascular endurance is 180 or higher. To calculate your current heartrate, simply place two fingers on your carotid artery (on the side of your neck, next to your adams apple), then count the number of beats for six seconds. Now simply add a zero onto that number, and you have your total number of heartbeats per minute.

- Anthony Ellis, Secrets to Gaining Muscle

Just keep that in mind. And you know... "Does anyone have this? LIke.. you can eat w/e you want and still cut?" It's obvious that if you fixed your diet you'd do better at cutting.