Stop me from procrastinating

Pdizzzzzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips with procrastinating?

It seems that now I am taking harder courses I tend to put off the home work until last minute, which make me lose sleep and do bad in school. Any tips on how to stop this?

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I need serious help in this arena too. I'm trying to find that elusive silver bullet that ends the behavior.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i have a seriously problem with this too.
i actually fixed it last year and it felt amazing.
but this year, i slipped back into my old bad habbits.

How i fixed it was to start small.
you can't just sit down and decide you're gonna change completely.
people don't change like that.
start small and start feeling good about your little accomplishments.
GET ENOUGH SLEEP. that is by far the biggest thing.
it was like magic when i got enough sleep, and everything just fell into place.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, what Crazy Asian said. And if you don't have enough drive and feel lethargic then fix your diet.

Add in some ZMA and a nice multivitamin (read the contents of the bottle before purchase).

Bass-Turd

Banned
Reaction score
One would be getting off this site and doing what your;re supposed to do

nikko49

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha i have the exact same problem as all of you (what a pathetic generation) i think i'm gonna try crazy asian's idea of taking small steps (also getting enough sleep) but yeah, for me procrastination existed but wasn't that severe in 9th and 10th grade but really made itself noticeable this grade.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always had it, still have it, surely always will have it. It certainly has forced me into my share of all-nighters and near-all-nighters, but i've survived; didn't keep me from getting my bachelor's.

Its not about anxiety; its about there just being more enjoyable things to do with your time than study for some mundane crap or write out some uninteresting research paper. The object we are procrastinating is clearly not fun (or at least, there are more enjoyable alternatives available in the meantime), so it takes an immense amount of pressure before a person will finally crack down and apply themselves to the work in question.

I had one class ever that was so hard and demanding (and important to me) that I couldn't just W or F out of it, and the normal 3-4 hours of cramming didn't work; id still bomb the test. After getting 50's on the first two out of 4 total tests in the class (with the tests being our only source of a grade), I was so psychologically pressured to excel in the last two that I actually spent the entire day before studying. I managed to eke out a C final grade.