Starving yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssj245

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is not eating alot of food, like only 300 calories a day a good way to loose fat?

I tried it, but the fat came back faster than ever.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn't fat that came back, it was water retntion.

It kills brain cells, and harms all of your internal organs.

At 300 calories why didn't you just stuff yourself and than make yourself puke(than brush your teeth and drink some milk)?

To lose weight you don't starve yourself, your body is just going to go into preservation mode. You won't feel any healthy results, and you will have severe hunger pangs.

You want to lose weight? Go on a vegan diet... and do cardio!!

ssj245

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm..

There is no way that I can gain muscle mass and be on a diet to lose fat at the same time, or can I?

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
read all the posts by Warboss Alex, but yeah you can... it's just slow going.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Starving yourself is a horrible way to lose fat. It's possible to lose fat (to a point - don't expect a 6 pack) and gain muscle at the same time for some people if you're very careful with your diet. I'm also not so sure that it's more efficient than cutting/bulking cycles.

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your metabolism is like a fire in the fireplace... feed it some manageable-sized logs every intermission, and you keep a good blaze going. Feed it nothing, and the fire goes out. Feed it too big a log, and the temperature goes down, takes too much energy for the fire to actually take on the log.

Same goes for your stomach and diet. 5-6 small meals (about the size of your fist) with good amount of water spread evenly throughout the day. Your metabolism gets used to the scheduled diet, and it acts accordingly to make room for more food. You'll notice more bowel movements this way.

If you feed it nothing, just like what these guys said, your system goes to preservation mode. Sensing that it doesn't know when it's going to get fed next, it preserves more of the food. You'll notice less bowel movements.

Feed yourself too much, and your digestion system won't be able to handle this. Self-explanatory. You only have to look at any 4 out of 10 Americans who suffer from obesity to see this.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When you starve yourself your body burns muscle as well as fat, the less muscle your have the lower you metabalism, plus you body gets used to being in starvation mode and when you do it causes it to store as much as it can in fat for the next starvation period. This gets the kind of look of skinny people with pot belly and a double chin.

You need to eat regular small meals every 2-3 hours. High in protien to keep the building or maintaining the muscle you have already. You need carbs too, but get your carbs from whole meal bread, whole meal pasta, brown rice and oats (carbs witch have a low glycymic index). If your eating regularly your body no longer requires the fat stores because your not going into starvation any more, and it will keep the muscle because it has a constant supply of food. Also your stomach will shrink to a normal size as its not contantly stretching (eating binge) and shrinking (starvation mode) making you actually want to eat small amounts regularly.
This gets the kind of look of big with no body fat, showing muscle definition.

Cardio although good for you is not required for fat loss, it burns your muscle.Best just to eat right and lift weights, your metobolism will go into over drive!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to lose weight? Go on a vegan diet

fwiw, I agree. Try this for a week or two, and you will lose weight without having to be hungry. Use a little common sense - for example, many deep fried foods are "vegan" but obviously unhealthy. I think it is worthwhile to avoid hydrogenated oils, so I like the "natural" peanut butter where the oil separates. If you eat like a peasant, you will no longer look like a typical fat American.

Reaction score
ssj245 said:
There is no way that I can gain muscle mass and be on a diet to lose fat at the same time, or can I?
Yes you can. It is very slow, but if you do a clean bulk (no junk food and only healthy fats like unsaturated). It can be done.

And you were starving yourself?!!

300 calories a day?!!! That's what my little brother's two gerbils eat daily!!
Are you daft? DO you know what that does to your body?!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
You want to lose weight? Go on a vegan diet

fwiw, I agree. Try this for a week or two, and you will lose weight without having to be hungry. Use a little common sense - for example, many deep fried foods are "vegan" but obviously unhealthy. I think it is worthwhile to avoid hydrogenated oils, so I like the "natural" peanut butter where the oil separates. If you eat like a peasant, you will no longer look like a typical fat American.
Vegan? That's not good either. You still need animal products. Throw some lean grilled chicken breast (skinless of course) and some skim milk and maybe some lean turkey for balance. Feta cheese is also good.

shydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LMAO!!!!~~~ funny thing is i am on the same diet~!~ been eating like 600 callories a day! And still loosing fat!! and doing cardio!!! ohh it works great!!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You still need animal products.

No, you don't need them. People get by just fine without meat, dairy, and eggs. I did it for several years.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a friend who replace meals with ciggarettes and he got skinyn real fast. I dunno though. It's kinda crack-whorish. :wave:

DJ HOSSIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I once during my early teen hood took a no carb, one meal a day diet.

I lost 70 pounds in 3 months.

I also lost most of my vision

My hair

My natural looking skin

And sexual potential

I also had a mal nutrition.

If you wanna lose weight rapidly eat healthy organic foods. No white sugars or carbs.

Eat meat, i recommend salmon.

have good amount of calcium and vitamins.

Run 30-60 mins a day having a 3 day break.

Also weight lift and buy koshi protien drink from trader joes that also includes fiber.

drink 2 cups a day, one before a work out and one 1 hour before u go to sleep.

There are a lot of help ful tips on the dj forums and online

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shydude said:
LMAO!!!!~~~ funny thing is i am on the same diet~!~ been eating like 600 callories a day! And still loosing fat!! and doing cardio!!! ohh it works great!!
Meanwhile you're stunting your growth at 16. Too bad too, you could've been another inch or two taller if you didn't eat like a moron.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
300 cals a day? Go read any book on nutrition, or any thread on the same thing. All of these questions have been answered in great detail.

300 cals? Is this thread for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.