Something weird..

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I got my BF% taken back in like mid-december, and I weighted 203lbs at 25%. I stopped working out for two weeks around the holidays, worked out the week after, and last week I was off 'cause I was really busy and I was sick. I just got my BF% taken again, and I'm 208lbs, still at 25%. I know I'm still way too fat, but how in hell did I take 5lbs of lean mass in like 2-3 weeks of working out, and eating poorly for two weeks? Anybody got an explanation for it?

Oh, by the way, what is the best/safest fat-loss supplement? I lose a little bit of fat over a while, but even while doing lots of cardio (like during the football season) I don't lose much fat.

Thanks for your answers,

-Fred

darkhorse

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Going by the percentages, that wouldn't have been a 3.75, not a 5 lb gain of "lean" mass. If you had gained 5lbs of lean mass your body fat would have dropped to 24.4%.

First of all, if you're taking body fat measurements with a skin caliper or other cheap measuring tool it probably has a fairly high degree of uncertainty, no doubt more than a 5lb difference is going to make.

Second of all, even if your fat measurer is ultra-precise, a 3.75 pound difference isn't that much. Could be due to water-gain or maybe you just needed to take a dump.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah.. BF measurements are wildly inaccurate anyways... so you have take those results with a grain of salt.

As to your cardio.. I question the intensity and duration of this cardio, and may also want to take a long, hard, look at your diet.

D