Something tricky: Dealing with language barriers

ersit

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are in her country, and neither of you speak one language or the other fluently, is it still possible to pick a girl up?

Say you speak enough to hold a basic conversation, or she understands enough that you can simplify things.

How about if she can understand the words you say, but misses the context and subtext.

Is it still possible to pick a girl up in these situations?

rsaini

Don Juan
Reaction score
ersit said:
If you are in her country, and neither of you speak one language or the other fluently, is it still possible to pick a girl up?

Say you speak enough to hold a basic conversation, or she understands enough that you can simplify things.

How about if she can understand the words you say, but misses the context and subtext.

Is it still possible to pick a girl up in these situations?
i guess u can use less chit chat and have a brief,meaningful kinda talk and things like kino would also help

ersit

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kino makes sense. But have you ever tried to speak a language you weren't very good at and get your point across to someone, while being able to receive theirs? It's not easy. I've tried it, and often end up getting frustrated after going over the basics with people - where I'm from, what I study, where they're from, what they study, maybe even interests, etc. Brief, meaningful talk can be difficult.

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely. My friend and I recently visited Spain and hooked up with numerous chicks. Granted, it's a LOT harder to get ass abroad, partially because of the language barrier. However, you can still use social proof and body language to your advantage. Our Spanish is horrible, however we still approached girls speaking the best spanish we could. I think to them that showed a lot of confidence. Plus it made us appealing because we told them we're from CAlifornia:) However we did miserably in France, by far the hardest girls to get with there.

My advice: Don't stop trying! You're gonna get denied a lot, just roll with it and at the end it'll pay off! Also, try to learn the language the best you can, the more you can speak the better.