Something Special I Did Today

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today at lunch I noticed my usual group of friends sitting together and having a good time, but instead of sitting there I went and sat with the special ed kid billy. Billy sits alone at lunch every single day, and lots of guys make fun of him. I always stood up for him and told people to quit talking **** about him, but until today I never realized that even though i stood up for him, I never did anything else that a friend would do. So I sat with Billy today, and for the first time this year he wasn't alone. I feel pretty good about that.

You've gotta remember that you can't rip on anyone, you can't shun anyone, and you can't be a **** to anyone if you really want to earn respect. Be ****ing everybody's friend, doesn't matter who it is, don't talk **** about anyone, and don't let anybody get made fun of around you. I know it sounds stupid, but believe me, if you just have the guts to say, "That **** isn't funny, you're just being a ****. Talking **** about people doesn't make you cool," people will respect that.

I don't hang around with the regular *******s in my school. The in crowd where I go is the Hockey Team. Most of those guys are real ****s. They were really really cool. Until 8th grade. Now everyone seems to be tired of their crap, and the girls are sick of dating ambercrombie clones. They got all the girls up till now. That's okay though, I don't mind. I'd rather get a few girls now than a bunch of underdeveloped ***** a few years ago.

Anyhow, the other day a few of them were ripping on Billy. They thought it was just hilarious, and they had a couple of girls laughing, so I just walked up to them, (and I've never intimidated them in the past, they have no respect for me,) and let fly. I told them that they were just a bunch of immature ****s who needed to make fun of others just to feel good about themselves. I told them that what they were doing was about the farthest thing from cool I'd ever seen in my life and that I would be ashamed to be one of them.

Do you know how they reacted?

They just sat there looking at their shoes feeling sorry for themselves.

They didn't make one smart-ass comment, or try to justify what they did, they just sat there looking pitiful. Billy has been my friend ever since that day.

Being cool isn't about getting into the in crowd, its about never excluding anyone, doing your best to eliminate whatever cliques you can. All you have to do is respect others for what they do well. If somebody does something you don't like, doesn't dress right, talks funny, you know what you do? Go right on being civil toward them.

Do no wrong to anyone. If someone wrongs you, go easy on them. If you give someone what they deserve they will have paid for their crimes more than is necessary. Don't get angry at anyone, don't frustrate yourself. The heaviest load to carry is a grudge, but forgiveness is easy. Swollowing your pride will seldom lead to indigestion.

I would just like to leave you with a quote from "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee (Read it if you haven't)

You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view--
until you climb into his skin and walk around in it. --Atticus Finch

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. This is what real confidence is all about. I wish I had been more like that when I was in high school.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to manhood.

Population: Few

I'm proud to have posted in such an honorable person's posts.

This is what being a Don juan is all about. not the women, not the popularity, not of the other bs.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
That is great man, I love the attitude you have. I'm also nice to the special ed children at my school. I also know wha it feels like because I have medical problems also and some people like to diss me for em.
Its all good though, Im glad you look at things the same way I you do. Only if other people would only do the same......

AFC-Murdaz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the honor is mine

we need more people like you in 2004 instead of people who goes "i need to lose weight" or "i think im going to buy my wife a new [noun]"

we need more people to say "i want to be friend with the poor lonely kid that sits alone"

im gonna do that when i see one in the subway, too bad i dont go to school anymore

Osiris7250

Don Juan
Reaction score
all i can say is ur what youve done shows u hav more balls than most the people on this site. ur not some lil immature ****, instead u keep it real and stick up for what u think is the right thing to do. i kno that a lotta of people are probably sayin that they would of done the same thing but actions speak louder than words and my friend u spoke in volumes. its an honor jus to respond to ur post, and its good to kno there are still some decent people out there.

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome post. Like blienk said "I wish I had been more like that when I was in high school." Its good to see that there are still compossanioate people in this ****ed up world of ours.

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't expect this kind of reception to my post. Its not much more than a disorganized rant. Thanks, you fella's made my day.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You got some real big shiny ones man. Props to you for standing up for what you believe in. All of us should aspire to be that strong.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn man...Helluva job you did. Good work.

SuaveStarboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
it also shows confidence. i used to tlak to all the outcasts last year, and eventually a few of the hottest girls, and school started talking to me:D