Social awkwardness

Chimera

Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly what is it and how does one overcome it? Discuss

Pie in the Sky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just get out there and socialize with people. The awkwardness is in your head. The more people you interact with the easier it will become until you won't even think about it.

ajax11

Reaction score
Social akwardness=not having social skills. It means saying the wrong things, interpreting relationships and friendships the wrong way, basically meaning someon who doesn't have any experience in this area. You overcoming this by socializing and making friends.

Chimera

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the situation: I've always had friends and socialize all the time, yet consistently get called "socially awkward" or "weird" by all different sorts of people. Recently, a female friend of mine said that it's my social awkwardness that seems to get in the way of me having sex or any sort of relationship.

WhtRbt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try accepting the fact that maybe you are weird and socially awkward and be OK with it, then go from there. "Yeah I'm weird, no biggie, deal with it beotch"

But you know what's really weird? Frogs. They're freakin green for cryin out loud. And they hop around and eat bugs n sh*t. Super weird.

Max Power

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chimera said:
Here's the situation: I've always had friends and socialize all the time, yet consistently get called "socially awkward" or "weird" by all different sorts of people. Recently, a female friend of mine said that it's my social awkwardness that seems to get in the way of me having sex or any sort of relationship.
The problem may be deeper and it's not as easy as just going out there and meeting people. You have to ask yourself if you like yourself. I'm not talking about are you your ideal self, because nobody is and you obviously have one flaw that is bothering you. But do you like who you are unconditionally.

jdbman11

Don Juan
Reaction score
Max Power said:
The problem may be deeper and it's not as easy as just going out there and meeting people. You have to ask yourself if you like yourself. I'm not talking about are you your ideal self, because nobody is and you obviously have one flaw that is bothering you. But do you like who you are unconditionally.
this.

it's in your head. It's not anyone else. it's you. you've got to be ok with yourself before you can be ok with anyone else

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ajax11 said:
Social akwardness=not having social skills. It means saying the wrong things, interpreting relationships and friendships the wrong way, basically meaning someon who doesn't have any experience in this area. You overcoming this by socializing and making friends.
Disagree. Awkwardness comes from being too much in your head. A person with little social skills can still be confident as long as they are ok with who they are. If your insecure, you'll be in your head and self-conscious. This is what causes awkwardness.