So I asked out this girl today.

PinkFloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in the halls at school and asked her what she was doing this weekend. She said she was going to a concert and a track meet. I said "well in your free time, do you want to hang out sometime", and she said yeah.

So tonight I sign on AIM and chat with her for a bit. I ask her about the concert she's going to. She then mentions that she has a packed weekend until sunday afternoon. I then respond with "well that sucks for me". She asked something along the lines of "whys that", and I told her about hanging out. She's like oh yeah sorry about that.

What the hell? I'm pretty sure she likes me and all, but how could she not remember? Is this some type of game, or is she just not interested :cuss:

toddC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think you should ask her to hang on the sunday afternoon and if she makes another excuse then NEXT her.

adit

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man AFC behaviour.

Two mistakes.

-'Well in your free time,do you want to hang out sometime'
-'Well that sucks for me'

Even if the girl likes you,she's gotten the upper hand from you and no matter how much the girl likes you,she's gonna play with you when she knows that she does.

You're the man,right?You're not supposed to be following everything the girl does.You can do two things right now,to clear it up.

1.Go to the concert she's going to and meet her there.
OR
2.On monday tell her that you're glad she couldnt hang out with you,cuz you totally forgot about this date you had with a girl.

Read the bible and articles,dude.There's a lot to learn.

PinkFloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well damn it all.

I see it now. It was an odd occasion though. When she was in the middle of telling me what she was doing, her friend walked up and asked her a question. So maybe that AFC move wasn't too much of an impact.

What should I tell her tomorrow o_O

Subjective

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, mistake #3... "sucks for me" what the hell, dude? Sucks for -her-, not for you. ;-) Remember that.

PinkFloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
At that point, I was just pissed because she "forgot" about hanging out.

Then is just went into a downward spiral.

Well tomorrow, I'll try some more kino and see where that goes

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
toddC said:
i think you should ask her to hang on the sunday afternoon and if she makes another excuse then NEXT her.
At first I thought you said "i think you should ask her to bang on the sunday afternoon"

And I thought "What outlandish advice."

But now that I think about it, a line like that might work. When your asking a girl out, and she asks what you're going to do, say in a very serious tone "Hmm, I don't know. Maybe some baby making, some hot and passionate kinky sex... that kinda thing."

Act like you just suggested to go minigolfing and it should work out pretty damn good.

PinkFloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll try that tomorrow. I know I can get away with it :)

42-Colrath

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea just stop going on aim too. i have really found aim to be the ultimate culprit of killing someones attraction

cablecow15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea i aggre with him i only use aim for short conversations you dont wanna talk for two long you can bore girls easily

madseason

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to be specific - you can't just say "sometime" and hope that she thinks you mean this weekend. Make sure you have a time and date ready.

PinkFloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah AIM really pisses me off because I can't tell what the person really means by what they say. It's hard to see what their emotions are.

Anyway I was talking to her after class. I started out by complementing her hair and saying it looked cute. Then I gave her a hard time about going to the concert tonight. I said stuff along the lines of "why would you want to go see kenny chesney when you can hang out with me!" She did the whole balancing of the hands with me and kenny.

Anyway I didnt ask her because I figured I'd just talk to her Monday. I was going to talk to her friends about her and she how she felt about me, but my friend told me that was a bad idea. He said it would seem like I was trying to get into her private life o_0. I figured it was a bad idea.

So what are your thoughts and suggestions.

kev me723

Don Juan
Reaction score
[if there were a smiley of a guy slapping his hand over his forehead, this would be it] ------>bible ----->!!don't get discouraged, keep practicing in the field!!!

PinkFloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
kev me723 said:
[if there were a smiley of a guy slapping his hand over his forehead, this would be it] ------>bible ----->!!don't get discouraged, keep practicing in the field!!!
Explain what I screwed up on so I can fix it.

What part of the bible hold I read up on for this situation.

PinkFloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I get my license on april 4th, the week of spring break. We both aren't going anywhere so I better start working on my DJness.

Reaction score
Dude, no offense, but you ****ed up big time. You are acting way too needy/clingy. She probably thinks your insecure because you said "well that sucks for me". WTF? why would you say that dude. that was a really dumb comment.

next time when you ask a girl out dont say do you want to hang out sometime. set a day, time, and place. you cant put this chick on a pedestal like that either. you probably screwed up your chances with this chick, but let us know when/if you do hang out with her. but really...

read the BJ BIBLE

The Real Ice Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope someone posted a link to "Kill that Desperation" because that one will benefit you the most.

PinkFloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I read those two posts and have a list of goals and how to accomplish them.

I know that I made a few stupid mistakes but I'm going to fix them. On Monday, I'm just going to forget what I've said and pretend like it didn't happen. If I don't end up getting her, then that's it's fine with me. However I do think that I can win her over.

Thanks for the replies.

PinkFloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
LaDanian Tomlinson said:
Dude, no offense, but you ****ed up big time. You are acting way too needy/clingy. She probably thinks your insecure because you said "well that sucks for me". WTF? why would you say that dude. that was a really dumb comment.

next time when you ask a girl out dont say do you want to hang out sometime. set a day, time, and place. you cant put this chick on a pedestal like that either. you probably screwed up your chances with this chick, but let us know when/if you do hang out with her. but really...

read the BJ BIBLE
Ouch, this is why I'm going to not use AIM anymore. What a dumbass response :eek: .

j8snx1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
=========================================================
Anyway I didnt ask her because I figured I'd just talk to her Monday. I was going to talk to her friends about her and she how she felt about me, but my friend told me that was a bad idea. He said it would seem like I was trying to get into her private life o_0. I figured it was a bad idea
=========================================================
the others already mentioned other mistakes, but you nearly stepped on a landmine here. cmon now, you dont need to ask her friends about how the girl feels about you. If you really need to know, bring it up during a conversation or something; it might not be the best method or convo topic, but at least you'd have the balls to confront her about it than wussing out and asking her friends.

i think you should definitely work more on your "I dont need this girl; she needs me" type of attitude. it helps with the ****y/funny and not coming off as desperate. or in other words...please avoid stuff like

"Well that sucks for me. we were supposed to hang out."
change that into
"Well that sucks for you. you missed out on a bundle of fun by going to the concert."