Slimming Down

RecoveringAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a Buddha Belly. The rest of me looks pretty good. Reasonable muscle tone, I can push decent size weights around but can't get rid of the gut.

I'm looking for ways to slim down and get rid of it.

How can I do it?

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
eat fewer carbs, cut out bread, pasta, sweets, cakes pastries, cut right back on the booze if you drink, get more mobile, walk more put more effort in, takes stairs instead of lifts, eelvators. eat more lean meat and fish & veg

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well from my experience i want to say a few things
1.most belly comes from too much sitting, so take a walk every day for 20mins...even if you had gym that day , you still walk for 20 mins

2.after your gym workout you can do 3 sets of HIIT + 3 sprints

3. on off days go 2 hrs of swimming...it burns fat like a mofo

so something like

GYM day: gym(HIIT+ sprints), 20 min walk
rest day: 20 min walk + 2 hr swimming

about food: make your own meal....taco-hell should be once a week

lower your **** carbs like sodas and biscuits...eat more meat, protein burns calories ( i think)

i did these things and i went from 38" to 35" in 2 months(waist size)
i had to punch 3 new holes in my belt

i think most obese ppl like us, are inactive....rather than eaters, when i counted my calories i saw that im actually taking 900 calories per day...but i wa FAT....so i figured must be the inactivity...and yes it was sir
tell me if this works for you

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
switch said:
well from my experience i want to say a few things
1.most belly comes from too much sitting, so take a walk every day for 20mins...even if you had gym that day , you still walk for 20 mins This is bull****. Studies have shown that it is not inactivity or sitting that is the main contributor to fat gain. Activity is a very inefficient method of burning calories, if it weren't we'd die.

2.after your gym workout you can do 3 sets of HIIT + 3 sprints Better than straight cardio for caloric burning but still very much unneeded

3. on off days go 2 hrs of swimming...it burns fat like a mofoProbably the best cardio simply due to the thermodynamic qualities of water, also not needed

so something like

GYM day: gym(HIIT+ sprints), 20 min walk
rest day: 20 min walk + 2 hr swimming

about food: make your own meal....taco-hell should be once a week

lower your **** carbs like sodas and biscuits...eat more meat, protein burns calories ( i think) protein does not burn calories, that is just so fundamentally wrong. However protein is the best macronutrient for fat loss

i did these things and i went from 38" to 35" in 2 months(waist size)
i had to punch 3 new holes in my belt

i think most obese ppl like us, are inactive....rather than eaters, when i counted my calories i saw that im actually taking 900 calories per day...but i wa FAT....so i figured must be the inactivity...and yes it was sir
tell me if this works for you Now this is the biggest fallacy. Every obese person eats far too much, to maintain your size you have to consume thousands of calories a day. You did not only eat 900 calories a day, it would be impossible to be fat consuming that little. Inactivity is not the problem, overeating is
Corrected for truth. Don't believe the standard "cardio is the single most important thing for fat loss".

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
circuit training with weights and machines, no rest in between sets, hitting the entire body for 45 minutes, 3 times a week

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DanZy said:
Corrected for truth. Don't believe the standard "cardio is the single most important thing for fat loss".
ok bull****...im wrong you are right
everyone listen to him
im tired of arguing with ppl,

Last edited:

Asasione

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DanZy said:
Why don't you try some of the advice instead of rationalizing and showing you've read too much and done nothing constructive with that expert knowledge you have. Everyone has their own theories based on what they've done and seems he had some success which is more than can be said for your theories based on studies yet your fat. Eating less has some gains in you lose wait but over an extended period of time, the body realizes you are starving and consumes muscle and stores more fat in response and you end up fatter faster. Eating protein and exercising helps build muscle mass, which causes fat loss as your metabolism increases and having more muscle helps you burn fat faster.

Why post a thread asking for advise and argue when something relevant is posted, it doesn't have to be scientifically verified it just has to work, get off your ass and run and I guarantee you will see a difference in a few months, your second-hand knowledge of fitness hasn't helped you thus far so try something

I'll add I personally ran 5km in about 40min (treadmill) and heavy gym work, as well as drinking only water and eating a balanced diet (4 times a day), and it helped me maintain my weight, while gaining muscle while losing fat, specially in the ass and abdominal region, my upper body got huge and my legs got leaner

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that dieting alone doesn't work for me, as I have to cut down to about 1,500 calories/day to see appreciable fat loss, and that just saps all energy for other things in life.

Daily walking doesnt do crap for body composition for me ..

Only thing that works is 3+ HIIT sessions a week, with <2000 calorie diet consisting of 60:20:20 (P:F:C), in addition to walking and lifting.

^ Most people have an easier time losing fat than I do, but I maintain muscle really well and with a little effort can maintain low'ish bodyfat.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DanZy said:
Simple: Eat less. That's the fundamental theory to fat loss
That's a fundamental theory of weight loss, not necessarily fat loss.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
That's a fundamental theory of weight loss, not necessarily fat loss.
Well of course I'm simplifying it a ton. But it's impossible to lose fat without consuming fewer calories. Eat less (below maintenance), go to gym and ensure you're still taking in enough protein and you'll lose fat, it's that simple

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Asasione said:
Why don't you try some of the advice instead of rationalizing and showing you've read too much and done nothing constructive with that expert knowledge you have. Everyone has their own theories based on what they've done and seems he had some success which is more than can be said for your theories based on studies yet your fat. Eating less has some gains in you lose wait but over an extended period of time, the body realizes you are starving and consumes muscle and stores more fat in response and you end up fatter faster. Eating protein and exercising helps build muscle mass, which causes fat loss as your metabolism increases and having more muscle helps you burn fat faster. I won't try them because I have no need to and my information is correct. What proof do you have that I've done nothing with my information? I've recently cut below 10% bodyfat, so no I'm anything but fat. Of course you can't eat below maintenance forever but that wasn't the point and I never recommended that. I didn't deny that building muscle is a good thing for fat loss, why bring that up? I even stated that protein is the best macronutrient for fat loss. Did you even read?

Why post a thread asking for advise and argue when something relevant is posted I'm sorry but I'm not the OP? Dude you haven't a ****ing clue., it doesn't have to be scientifically verified it just has to work, get off your ass and run and I guarantee you will see a difference in a few months, your second-hand knowledge of fitness hasn't helped you thus far so try something. This really makes me feel like you didn't actually read anything

I'll add I personally ran 5km in about 40min (treadmill) and heavy gym work, as well as drinking only water and eating a balanced diet (4 times a day), and it helped me maintain my weight, while gaining muscle while losing fat, specially in the ass and abdominal region, my upper body got huge and my legs got leaner
Mate you really need to read through things before you post. My information is all correct and has been implemented multiple times with great success. The post I commented on was by a previously obese guy, therefore losing fat is damn easy there was just so much that was wrong that I had to reply. Please read names before posting and we'd avoid this sorta thing.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DanZy has proved many times over that he knows his stuff well. He also leads by example. He has good sources and, however direct, gives good advice.

Mical6

Reaction score
For slimming it is important to follow two most useful tools. One is exercise and second is diet. Both are important for slimming. Cardio is best way to lose weight. Running,walking and jogging are best exercises for slimming.

Mical6

Reaction score
Mical6 said:
For slimming it is important to follow two most useful tools. One is exercise and second is diet. Both are important for slimming. Cardio is best way to lose weight. Running,walking and jogging are best exercises for slimming.
Boot Camp Sydney

C

Culver

Hi all you want to avoid the januk food and drink fresh juices and lot of water in a day 1 to 8 glass water of glass is much better for our health.Eat meat fresh vegetables,fruits and get healthy body fitness.

Michael456

Banned
Reaction score
The first suggestion for you is the regular cardio exercise.
Do jogging, running and swimming daily for at least 30 minutes.
Second add some raw veggies foods and also some water foods diet such as green tea, grapefruit juice, and green vegetables soups in your diet for burning your belly fat.

Michael456

Banned
Reaction score
Michael456 said:
The first suggestion for you is the regular cardio exercise.
Do jogging, running and swimming daily for at least 30 minutes.
Second add some raw veggies foods and also some water foods diet such as green tea, grapefruit juice, and green vegetables soups in your diet for burning your belly fat.
Any comment?

Des Moines Fitness

Dasim22

Banned
Reaction score
eat less carbohydrates, cut out breads, rice, candies, desserts pastries, cut right back on the alcohol if you consume, get more cellular, stroll more put more attempt in, requires stairways instead of raises, eelvators. eat more trim beef and seafood & veg