Slim fast milkshakes.

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, are these shakes any good to lose weight? They recommend replacing two meals a day with these milkshakes, that fill you up.

anyone tried these out?

thanks

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by payaya
Hey, are these shakes any good to lose weight? They recommend replacing two meals a day with these milkshakes, that fill you up.

anyone tried these out?

thanks
1. Slim-Fast shakes are garbage. That diet is garbage too.

2. The fact that you are even posing this as a legitimate question, should disqualify any credibility you have on this forum, as you have little knowledge of training and dieting. Please, don't give advice on this forum. You are only going to confuse people. Just read and learn.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Who the fu*ck does this guy ...!#$$%

Originally posted by The Edge

I have lost 15 pounds in the last month and an half, backed with an effective workout regiment that continues assists my weight loss..

Thats great. It all comes down to cals in vs. cals out. If slimfast works for you and you dont mind some muscle loss with your fat loss then great.

The idea behind slim fast is a good one. Like you said, its very practical. The thing is, from what i remember, its a really shytty product. The only good thing about is is the vitamins you get.

Heres what i would do if I were you, Edge. Pick up a 5lb tub of whey protein for 20-25 bucks. Get a multi vitamin supp as well. Take 2 scoops in milk or water with a multi-vit twice everyday with a sensible dinner. Now you have a new and improved slim fast. Its a lot cheaper (should last you about 7 weeks). You dont get all the crappy carbs in slim fast . And you get a great source of protein (protein burns more cals during digestion too) which is good for muscle sparring.

PEACE

Zircon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hehehe, I'm not even gonna read all that flaming sh1t.

back to the point:

DIESEL: "The fact that you are even posing this as a legitimate question, should disqualify any credibility you have on this forum, as you have little knowledge of training and dieting. Please, don't give advice on this forum. You are only going to confuse people. Just read and learn."

He simply asked a question. Chill out. Tell him it's wrong without insulting him. Be nice KIDS. :)

The Edge: your skill in pissing ppl off is remarkable. I would probably try to beat you up within 2 minutes of meetin ya :) j/k

easy...

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ahahah what happend to all the replys?! moderator doin gsome moderating i see :)

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Who the fu*ck does this guy ...!#$$%

Originally posted by Viroid
Originally posted by The Edge

I have lost 15 pounds in the last month and an half, backed with an effective workout regiment that continues assists my weight loss..

Thats great. It all comes down to cals in vs. cals out. If slimfast works for you and you dont mind some muscle loss with your fat loss then great.

The idea behind slim fast is a good one. Like you said, its very practical. The thing is, from what i remember, its a really shytty product. The only good thing about is is the vitamins you get.

Heres what i would do if I were you, Edge. Pick up a 5lb tub of whey protein for 20-25 bucks. Get a multi vitamin supp as well. Take 2 scoops in milk or water with a multi-vit twice everyday with a sensible dinner. Now you have a new and improved slim fast. Its a lot cheaper (should last you about 7 weeks). You dont get all the crappy carbs in slim fast . And you get a great source of protein (protein burns more cals during digestion too) which is good for muscle sparring.

PEACE
thanks for the reply, at least some people on this forum have a brain :)

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Slim fast milkshakes.

Originally posted by DIESEL
1. Slim-Fast shakes are garbage. That diet is garbage too.

2. The fact that you are even posing this as a legitimate question, should disqualify any credibility you have on this forum, as you have little knowledge of training and dieting. Please, don't give advice on this forum. You are only going to confuse people. Just read and learn.
oh sorry! someone got out the wrong side of the bed! losen up idiot :rolleyes:

what happend? you tried it but couldnt manage to lose any? guess its hard being overweight.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplementing with an occasional protein shake isn't a bad idea and sure beats the crap you get at some fast food restauraunts.

I haven't researched the nutritional breakdown on Slim-Fast however.

I can recommend Cytoplex (from the makers of Xenadrine) however. The vanilla is quite good and mixes well with other ingredients. (Example Orange Juice, and the protein powder make a great flavor)

Also EAS has some already made ones called Advantage, but they mainly utilize soy protein which is of lower biological value than.

The key for me is taste. I tend to get sick of any flavor after a while, this is why I don't drink any consistently. Normally if you use the suggested amount of most products it tastes too damn sweet.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Slim fast milkshakes.

oh sorry! someone got out the wrong side of the bed! losen up idiot :rolleyes:

what happend? you tried it but couldnt manage to lose any? guess its hard being overweight.
It's a little late to jump on the "flame" bandwagon, don't you think? Idiot.

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Slim fast milkshakes.

Originally posted by DIESEL
It's a little late to jump on the "flame" bandwagon, don't you think? Idiot.
your the a**hole who started all this crap. loser :rolleyes:

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slim fast milkshakes.

your the a**hole who started all this crap. loser :rolleyes:
I stand by what I say:

1. Slim-Fast shakes suck. So does the diet.

2. You don't know shyt about training or dieting, therefore you shouldn't be giving people advice.

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Troll syndrome!

I personally detest the mindset of a troll and the inflammatory remarks they post during their 'ADVENTURES IN FORUM HOPPING' .

With all that being said, I am not a troll, and with the slight nudging of the administrator :D, I have decided to clean up my act....

I have come to the conclusion that all the diets do "work." (Wait....hold on to your flame guns and hear me out...)

The only way they work is if you insist on staying on them forever. Truth be told if you don't intend to drink your meals for the rest of your life, don't bother with the SlimFast.

Around every corner is an informed trainer/nutritionist and dietitian willing to yell at you about the flaws of diets...Slimfast included.
Do I dispute this fact??? ...Nope!!!... Actually, I believe this to be the absolute truth.

Well with all this being said why be Pro Slimfast??... Why is this a truly multimillion dollar industry, recording more gains than losses in the last decade on Wall Street??... Is it because we are all stupid?

In our fear of being an obese society, have we truly succumbed to the juggernauts doing commercials, and fallen for the first true fad diet out there???.....HMMMMMMMM!!!

Actually, when I first decided to make a change in my health, and lose weight, the individual selling the package, informed me 'as a friend' ... ..That it was totally unnecessary to pay money to get to where I wanted to be healthwise.

His words:

'Through a change in my eating habits and lots of exercise, I've lost 30 lbs. Anything less than a true lifestyle change will only be successful temporarily. The trick is to eat less and move more'.

Normally, this would have put up every single red flag on the planet, had he not ended with the following statement:

'However, you have made the most important step by wanting a change.'

And that was it... It was a first step......

See I don't know about you guys, but being one of the people that made fast food (pizza's, candy, carbonated drinks and burgers) a staple diet for 21 years of my life... To change your eating habits for reasons other than obesity..such as better health and better lifestyle is one big mountain to climb.

I personally set out to climb the hill to a better and healthier lifestyle very slowly.

As a short term goal I decided I wanted to LOSE WEIGHT... NOT TO GET RIPPED(at least not yet)... I wanted to lose weight and as such I gave SlimFast a shot

I can't knock it!!! Why??? Because I accomplished my goal.... I lost the weight I wanted to.. That's why I was so quick to defend what worked for me.. Yes I know Jared, the Subway diet and all these pro corporate-led ideas won't tell you that the mirror is the true definition of weight loss. But I like my little victory, and I plan on wallowing in it for a while.

IN NO WAY STATE OR FORM WAS I TRYING TO INSINUATE THAT ANY OF THE POSTERS HERE LACKED ANY CREDIBILITY...

ALL I KNOW IS ALL I KNOW!!! AS LIMITED AND AS JUVENILE AS IT MAY SEEM TO OTHERS!!

Will I gain the weight back....Maybe, Did I waste money for a fad diet...Maybe.....But I accomplished my short term goal.. I lost weight... FOR ME!!

Now maybe, as a second step I will drive for more muscle mass or to even strive to get 'shredded/ripped' as some of us put it :D, I'll probably train using guides for athletes provided by athletic trainers and jocks on this site:D ... Less I digress, I'll take my little weight loss as a plus. (Heck it beats tapping a pony keg while standing on your head any day!!)

For some of us exercise and diet will not accomplish everything we would like it to. However as a plus I must say as that this particular program did so much for me including believe it or not....additional confidence.(Whole nother thread!!!)

Bottom line: The body requires a certain number of calories each day (metabolism). Consume more than that amount and you gain weight. Consume less and you loose weight.

All DIETS must do one thing in order to work: restrict/lower/limit the intake of calories. We don't need to be biochemists, have a PhD in nutrition, or have panel of paid father types tell us differently.

Yes, there are many out there that have messed up metabolism: mostly from poor diets and stagnant lifestyles. The key is to take that initial step and start....

GET HEALTHY GUYS AND MAKE IT A WAY OF LIFE!!!

The Edge 'Some have it and some don't'

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Edge,

Do they taste good, what flavors do you recommend, and what is a breakdown of carbs (especially simple carbs) and protein?

I guess I could look it all up myself.

I really wouldn't want to follow the slim-fast diet, but if they are cheaper than typical protein shakes, don't have any artificial sweeteners and taste decent, I might try a few.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
Edge,

Do they taste good, what flavors do you recommend, and what is a breakdown of carbs (especially simple carbs) and protein?

I guess I could look it all up myself.

I really wouldn't want to follow the slim-fast diet, but if they are cheaper than typical protein shakes, don't have any artificial sweeteners and taste decent, I might try a few.
Slim-Fast is a bad idea for athletes. ****ty sugars and even ****ter protein.

EAS Myoplex. 42 packs for 50 bucks at www.muscledepot.com. 280 cals

Come up with a price for 42 cans of slim fast and compare (by the way you'd have to drink 5 cans of Slim-Fast to get the protein you get in one Myoplex. Myoplex also has more vitamins and nutrients than Slim Fast and better quality sugars.. )

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't wait until EAS comes out with aspartame free products. I hate the taste of aspartame, it is too damn sweet.

Sucralose which is in Cytoplex (by Cytodyne, makers of Xenadrine) is also too sweet, but not as strange tasting to me as aspartame.

By they way, EAS did mention they are coming out with aspartame free products. They may also win the bid as the NFL's licensed supplement supplier, since they already supply many of the teams. The NFL hopes to do this to limit the dangers (such as Korey Stringers ephedrine use and his heat stroke fatality in camp)

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Save your money.

Get Optimum Whey in vanilla and chocolate (I mix 75% vanilla with 25% chocolate for better taste), powdered milk, oatmeal or Kashi cereal, a coffee grinder to turn the cereals into powder, and some cinnamon.

Mix up these ingredients to acheive desired protein/carb ratio. If you want to make it a complete meal use 2% milk or add some peanut butter.

Tons more protein with no simple sugar.

Each shake should cost about $1.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by STR8UP
Save your money.

Get Optimum Whey in vanilla and chocolate (I mix 75% vanilla with 25% chocolate for better taste), powdered milk, oatmeal or Kashi cereal, a coffee grinder to turn the cereals into powder, and some cinnamon.

Mix up these ingredients to acheive desired protein/carb ratio. If you want to make it a complete meal use 2% milk or add some peanut butter.

Tons more protein with no simple sugar.

Each shake should cost about $1.
damn, bro... I'm going to have to give that a go. good shyt.