Simple Moves

UnluckyGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was just wondering what are some simple movements you can do on the dance floor at a club? I am most worried about what to do with my arms. I just want to go to the club and have a good time and if anything happens it happens. If nothing happens I can still walk away with having a good time.

I have been to the club before but I am the guy that just sits on the side of the dance floor with a serious face. I have no idea what I am gonna do if a girl comes up and starts dancing with me, I dont know how to dance but i will try to make the best of it. As long as you are having a good time, who cares how stupid you look doing it right?

Yes I admit I am the biggest afc but I want to change that.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
hit a backwards flip and then a split, followed by ragtopping in a circle

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol... classic.
But leave the spandex pants in order to pull that move off at home.

Pete said it best.
Text ain't gonna cut it, in regards to feeling the music.

Gotta experience your body, and feel the rythm, etc.
Only thing that seperates a good dancer from a sh!t dancer is...

one feels the music and rythm, one thinks he does.

Groove that sh!t.
Dance w. your body, not your mind.

Your dance should be pimpin, seductive.
Not some hokey a$$ sh!t.

You'll know which of those 2 your being, through feeling.
FEELING FEELING FEELING.

Now go light some sh!t up... thats how you'll learn.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually,

1st, realize that dancing is a strange endeavor. a bunch of people gathered together to pump to music, agreeing that for this space and time, this is ok. seriously, as a citizen of society and pretty far removed from my tribal roots, it's really kinda bizarre.

but it's fun! and if you can lose yourself in it, as bizarre as it is, it's really enjoyable.
----------------------------------------------------

regarding a super basic move - the advice given in that will smith movie (HITCH) is not bad. just get that basic step and you can add on to it as the groove strikes.

per movie - if you don't know what you're doing, elbows never go above shoulders.
----------------------------------------
stuff i've noticed -

- your neck should work. it shouldn't be locked. make it loosey and rocking independent of your body and you seem more relaxed and loose.

- at RAVES, kids do crazy things with their hands... the hands become like feet and they're tracing patterns through the air or stabbing the air to the beat. watch for it to see how people are doing and WHETHER they are doing it.

- techno is really easy (and monotonous) to dance to. it's just a THRUST action THRUST THRUST THRUST THRUST.... usually of the head and shoulders, sometimes with one arm extended in the air. i guess this is why the hand action started coming in. you can mix it up if you know what you're doing but if not, THRUST THRUST THRUST THRUST. some people just jump continually.

- r&b/rap stuff is actually much more fun to dance to allowing for varied movement. most of it is crap performance stuff but try watching soul train.

delta