Simple and effective opener?

BannedGod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Right after the "hi, how are you?" and her answer, follow by saying "I was in the mood of meeting new people today and I thought you could be my victim" said with a mischievous smile. Good enough? or does it sound too stupid? Knowing what to say after the greeting is always my main problem (when I can't start the conversation relating to a situation).

cNfny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's not bad. Seems harmless enough, you should after that add something like

"well... I immediately regret this (shaking head in downwards position)"

Then smile say oh I'm just kidding as you place your hand on her shoulder, let off and say "I don't regret it I actually knew itd be a bad idea from the beginning"

She should laugh if done friendly and flirty enough. Ice should break from there.

kdnash82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO everything I've read so far sounds really cheesy and rehearsed. I think people put too much effort into talking to women. I'm no expert, but I tend to just let things flow. If it doesn't I move on, if it does, then I'll continue to transition and transition until she's putty.

My conversations with women no matter what situation are always about the "Now". What I mean by that is, I talk about things that are happening around us at that very moment in time. I'll usually make a joke out of it. Her guard is gonna be up because she's a woman that gets approached a million times a day. Laughter will usually bring it down, but you can't just keep her laughing the entire time. You have to transition back and forth.

I'm not gonna give you the words to say. Make them up as you go. A good way to practice would be to just talk to any one, guy or girl. Go to your local VFW or something or a seniors home. Old people love to talk and they're funny as hell. Pay attention to how they transition from one point to another. Their conversation flows and at times it will seem like a story, but they're just talking.

That's the goal you should have in mind when talking to women. It sounds crazy as hell. It's just an idea though. If you feel that you're at an end, it might be worth giving a shot.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been focusing on NOT knowing what I'm gonna say after my opener... the past month all the sets I have opened up I just approached and said whatever comes out of my mouth and see what happens...

"I love popcorn!!!"

"Heyyyyyy!!"

"Have you ever been to alaska?"

"alright you ready? Lets goto VEGAS!!" <----- always gets blown out, lol.

The point is pushing the limit and throwing yourself into uncomfortable situations and having to think on your toes.... I think everyone should start out this way for awhile before they learn so core stuff and then start mixing in some Can and Routines...

marinetti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
opinion openers....... yeah.......

during the day, find a girl (or girls) sitting down. sit down with them and say "you guys look like interesting people, so I decided to talk with you for a minute. What's your name?" You get names, handshakes, and start talking. Sometimes after their names I just say "what's up?" if I'm feeling a little lazy, or if I'm inspired to talk about something I've been doing I'll do that instead.