sigh....my mood and confidence constantly change

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like any given day, I can feel great and really confident, and then the next day (or later in the same day) i can feel sad and insecure. I don't know why.

shiningshadow

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's causing you to feel the way you do? Maybe you should try to do the things that make you happy and confident more often. (btw, wasting time watching TV probably isn't it.)

ev3nst3v3n

Don Juan
Reaction score
how old are you? i was like that in my late teens/early 20's.. if you're young like that, trust that it's part of growing up and you will grow out of it. think as positive as you can. if you are older than that age range, i would do some psychological research on your own, change your habits up, get excercise (15 minutes of light jogging can REALLY change your affect for the better), and stuff like that before going to a shrink or whatever.

good luck.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't worry, once you realise that they are just moods and not the end of the world- you'll be okay..i used to feel like giving up on bad days,but once the smoke cleared and i feel better- i can see that it was just a mood and nothing more..unless you are completly psychotic, then i'd get some help..in that case..HHEEEEELLLLPPP!!!!!

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
shiningshadow said:
What's causing you to feel the way you do? Maybe you should try to do the things that make you happy and confident more often. (btw, wasting time watching TV probably isn't it.)
My spare time is usually homework, watching movies, and going on the computer.

ev3nst3v3n, I'm almost mid 20's.

DasaniWater

Banned
Reaction score
hey

I Feel the same exact was as you do. it pisses me off. you have no idea. i look at other people and just think how i wish i could just enjoy myself and not have these mood swings when their is no damn reason i should feel this way. but its not that simple, i cant simple feel better. i always thought i was bipolar. i hope it is just a phase..................... im 18. i cant stand it anymore

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think you just need to get out from your comfort zone. lack of social/physical activity thereof (or even exercise for that matter) can contribute to lack of motivation/disinterests in doing things. constantly challenge your brain or else it's just going to be asleep.

maybe what you really need is structure and discipline in your life.

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do I put this in a way that doesn't sound offensive? Well, if it sounds offensive, that's not what I'm going for.

Have you thought about looking into getting some help? You might be bi-polar and there are treatments for that.

AudiTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what you mean, I'm feeling it right now. I used to have these, maybe lasted a few days even a week, then the next week I was fine. I think it is part of growing up, although that negative feeling can be changed into positive in almost any situation. Anthony Robbins taught me how to deal with it, it went a little something like this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every emotion is not based on a situation, but your interpretation of that situation. Steps to overcoming emotions:

1. Identify the emotion.
2. Appreciate it and respect that emotion.
3. Become curious
How do i really want to feel?
What would i have to beleive in order to feel that way?
What am i willing to do to be able to achieve that feeling?
What can i learn from this?
4. Become confident that you can handle these emotions.
5. Come up with different situations to overcome these emotions. Rehearse!
6. Get excited and take action, go and DO something about it. Reinforce the things you rehearse.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is basically what I did every time I felt a negative emotion. It really does work if you take time to learn how to do it. It's basically reframing as taught by David D. (who probably got the idea from Tony Robbins). I have spent almost 6 months with about 80% less negative emotion than I had before, simply because I didn't know how to handle it and transform it into positive.

Note: Or maybe you're just a perfect candidate for Scientology :eek:

P.S. - You can get into negative states just from your internal dialogue (ID). Try not to say anything negative to yourself like "Why am I feeling like such a loser?". No thinking is better than negative thinking. Alternatively you may ask "How make myself feel more positive?".

These types of things may seem insignificant but once you can turn your ID into highly positive ID then you're well on your way to overcoming slumps in your mood.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
some days you just don't feel "on", don't feel like you NEED to go out and pick up girls every day. everybody has bad days, take a day off from it.

Bourne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have that. Its less now then before.

I believe (to my experience) it is inferiority complex where you let others make you feel good or bad. You seek others approval and if you don't get it you feel sad. If you do you feel good. Its not concious decision, but once you realize it you can then change it and monitor it.

Or I could be way off.

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I think most replies were true even though they're all different.
'ScrewIt', yeah I do have to go out of my comfort zone.
'AudiTy', thanks for that. I will ask those list of questions everytime I'm not feeling well.
'Bournce', that's probably accurate, as I usually compare myself to others and wonder why they're happier than me, and then it just makes me more sad to think about that, like a vicious cycle.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont get this much anymore. Im usually in a neutral to good mood but somtimes (once every 1 or 2 months) one small little thing will happen and I will be pissed off the rest of the day. I dont know why. I think I just need to vent more often.

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bourne said:
I used to have that. Its less now then before.

I believe (to my experience) it is inferiority complex where you let others make you feel good or bad. You seek others approval and if you don't get it you feel sad. If you do you feel good. Its not concious decision, but once you realize it you can then change it and monitor it.

Or I could be way off.

Actually I think you are right on the money cause I had that same problem for a long time. All my emotions were based off of other people............. especially girls. If I had a great night and bagged 3 numbers I was flying high as a kite. Then if I called one of those numbers and it was a fake I was down in the dumps and doubting myself. I've grown out of that probably about 90% percent.

The key is to fix all your major problems and then believe deep down in your heart that you are an awesome person. If you are out of shape...... hit the gym. If you are broke, get a better job. Once your life is on track and you are where you want to be it will be hard for anybody to bring you down.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're feeling this way because you don't have any control over your life. You're just existing; reacting to what happens around you. Of course you will have "ups and downs" since things you have no control fluctuates too. Find something internal that drives you and you will gain control and find your static place.