SHY=NO WOMEN.....heres why?

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shy, introverted personalities may lead to ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR and ultimately end up in the "oh hell no" catergory.

Lets look at some classic symptoms of shy guys:

1) BODY LANGUAGE-no direct eye contact,looks at floor, arms folded, hands in pockets, rarely smiles,etc

2) APPEARS UNFRIENDLY-never says hello/goodbye to anyone, never speaks up or voices his opinion,quiet, reserved, sits in the back to blend in, rarely engages in conversations, does not laugh, reads/writes,eats lunch in his car, avoids crowded places,gets embarassed easily,etc.

Now I am not saying be over-excited either as most people hate chatty chaps or Mr. Know it all offering his opinion on every subject (sort of like many people on this forum). :p I will agree there are times when less is more, silence is golden, and ACTING a little shy can in fact work to your advantage.

Anti-social behavior is often interpreted as an subtle form of a hostile act. Many people take it very personal when they interact with someone who is quiet. They feel they did/said something wrong to offend you, you do not like them, and some interpret your soft spokeness as a hidden agenda or creepiness. Very few people want to be around people who appear un-friendly. It almost always stems from a low self esteem issue. People can be confident but if you lack social skills you will end up alienating everyone around you. My advice, fake it if you have to, it may not be genuine but with a little practice, very few people will notice the difference. The results for a something like a little smile will be rewarding.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NEED I SAY MORE............tucker max see what you are producing

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another problem with long term shyness is that you end up know learning social behavior. I'm no longer shy and I'm definitely not antisocial or show any of those signs. But I don't know how to be social and fit in.

Any hints of how to fake being social?

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The day you stop caring what other people may or may not think about you is the day all this stuff changes.

The only reason people have trouble interacting with others is they are so pre-occupied with themselves and how they are being perceived, they are never actually present with the other person. Probably don't even hear what the other person is saying because you can only hear what you are planning to say or worrying about how you're coming off.

Start making eye contact with people, and learning to not flinch. Learn to smile, and say hi to people as you pass them wherever, old person, young person, man, woman, whatever.

You'll realize that it has less to do with "learning to be social" and more to do with learning to not judge yourself and see yourself in a poor light. When you feel good about yourself most of this stuff takes care of itself.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about that reset. I make eye contact, am friendly but when a girl comes over to me and stands next to me all I can do is think to myself. "OMG it's a girl and she's next to me! Quick what do I say?! Oh she left and I didn't do anything :( "

I don't think not caring how people see me will really help me. I want to be seen by women as the kind of guy they want to have sex with.

joebob789456

Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
The day you stop caring what other people may or may not think about you is the day all this stuff changes.

The only reason people have trouble interacting with others is they are so pre-occupied with themselves and how they are being perceived, they are never actually present with the other person. Probably don't even hear what the other person is saying because you can only hear what you are planning to say or worrying about how you're coming off.

Start making eye contact with people, and learning to not flinch. Learn to smile, and say hi to people as you pass them wherever, old person, young person, man, woman, whatever.

You'll realize that it has less to do with "learning to be social" and more to do with learning to not judge yourself and see yourself in a poor light. When you feel good about yourself most of this stuff takes care of itself.

Well said well said

joebob789456

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
I'm not too sure about that reset. I make eye contact, am friendly but when a girl comes over to me and stands next to me all I can do is think to myself. "OMG it's a girl and she's next to me! Quick what do I say?! Oh she left and I didn't do anything :( "

I don't think not caring how people see me will really help me. I want to be seen by women as the kind of guy they want to have sex with.

You shouldnt be too worried about building attraction with words. Just talk about whatever, sound intrested, and work on eye contact and kino, smile be friendly, and think you are the prize...

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I know all those things. But not unconsciously so I freeze. If only I could stop time and go online to remind myself what to do.

betterthandead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
****head, there's a difference between shy and introverted. Clint Eastwood is introverted, by no means is he shy. I'm pretty much the same as well. And why should someone else's difference in personality fit along your specific guidelines on what's proper. Sounds like mind control to me. I already have *****es defining what's proper or not with me, I don't need some guy telling me this.

COD said:
Shy, introverted personalities may lead to ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR and ultimately end up in the "oh hell no" catergory.

Lets look at some classic symptoms of shy guys:

1) BODY LANGUAGE-no direct eye contact,looks at floor, arms folded, hands in pockets, rarely smiles,etc

2) APPEARS UNFRIENDLY-never says hello/goodbye to anyone, never speaks up or voices his opinion,quiet, reserved, sits in the back to blend in, rarely engages in conversations, does not laugh, reads/writes,eats lunch in his car, avoids crowded places,gets embarassed easily,etc.

Now I am not saying be over-excited either as most people hate chatty chaps or Mr. Know it all offering his opinion on every subject (sort of like many people on this forum). :p I will agree there are times when less is more, silence is golden, and ACTING a little shy can in fact work to your advantage.

Anti-social behavior is often interpreted as an subtle form of a hostile act. Many people take it very personal when they interact with someone who is quiet. They feel they did/said something wrong to offend you, you do not like them, and some interpret your soft spokeness as a hidden agenda or creepiness. Very few people want to be around people who appear un-friendly. It almost always stems from a low self esteem issue. People can be confident but if you lack social skills you will end up alienating everyone around you. My advice, fake it if you have to, it may not be genuine but with a little practice, very few people will notice the difference. The results for a something like a little smile will be rewarding.

betterthandead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ding Ding Ding! After I stopped playing the nice guy who accomodated others all the time I had probably 75% Less friends. However, this is when I began to correlate that I was being more true to myself.

reset said:

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
You could start with something simple like, "hi".

Jack McCrack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Should have pushed her over and stomped on her face.

Hey, it always works for me.

Answers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:

Well said reset!

This could also be what badboys/DJs (etc) have that appeal to women. They are not worried about what women think and therefore are more comfortable around women and women feel this.

Answers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Thats what reset was saying! You're too busy thinking about what she'll think of you that there is no proper interaction.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And if you can't do this with EVERYONE, then you can't do it with girls. I would suggest just making conversation with strangers, or at least talking more, to everyone first. You have to be more comfortable in all situations. You're learning to get along with PEOPLE, and women are people too.

Don't be the dude who is miserable because the only thing he wants to do (talk to girls) makes him so depressed that he can't do other fun things (like talk to everyone else).

Once you get some practice making conversation with guys, old people, folks who work behind cash registers, etc... you don't think that's going to translate to women eventually?

I used to be afraid of girls... frankly right now I don't really WANT to date, because I put off my self-development in order to game a couple girls and just got really burned (which is good). But at least now when I see an attractive girl (or any girl really), my default reaction is to maintain eye contact, smile, and say hello. Believe me, if you can just do THAT, and see girls responding and being friendly in return, you'll feel much better. Start from where you are.