should you keep in touch with girls

dewtsgrad

Reaction score
Dear Guys:
Another Question. You See, I was wondering how much you should keep in touch with a girl(if she is just your friend) after you have gone your seperate ways. I know this sounds confusing, but a week ago, we graduated from university, are good friends, went our seperate ways, she is out west, I am home, and she told me to keep in touch with her, which I am planning to do, through email, msn etc. The question is: how much should you keep in touch with a girl if she is just your friend? Any suggestions? help? or insults is appreciated.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
who cares.

what i mean is, if you got something important (taht is going on in your life right now) to say to her, that you know she will find interasting, tell her............ while not clinging to her......

I got a guy that i used to work with, i email one a month, just to see what's up, and (like everybody else) i get bunch of funny emails, that i forward to him.........

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time is precious.

time taken on msn to talk $hit with her = XX

time taken to email her = XX

time taken to talk to her on the phone = XXX

this is very expensive

but what did she say here in ********

she told me to keep in touch with her

she didn't say SHE will keep in touch

she said YOU DO THE WORK

the other thing is it might be her nice way of saying she is moving on with her life but she expects you to continue to hold onto the belief that you are life long friends

so when she is out " doing her thing **sleeping around and taking drugs**" and she feels bad inside she can remember that somewhere out there is a small AFC boy clutching onto her picture and hoping and loving her as the girl she was 2 years ago.....

and every night as the boy falls asleep he whispers her name

ROSEBUD

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

Quote: diplomatic_lies
“ And now, in the spirit of PRL, I'm going to fill up the screen with exclaimation marks “

aww.....

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You See, I was wondering how much you should keep in touch with a girl(if she is just your friend)
If she was a guy - would you ask the same question?

So why for a girl who's "Just a friend".

Treat friends all the same - whether it's a girl or guy.

If you don't wonder how often you call your male friends - don't worry about this one.

That's unless there's somethign else here.

Skullcrusher

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm also with the "Who cares" crowd.

If the friend was a GOOD person, I'd try to keep in contact with him/her. However if the person was BAD, then I'd try to have as little or no attempts to hang out. I'd only do it if I wanted to check out a restaurant or fun place before I'd take some real friend or girlfriend there.

What's a good friend?

1. Inclusive
2. Reliable
3. Considerate

If you have a friend that currently exhibits less than 2 out of 3 of these simple requirements, you better reaccess your social life.

PVSSY-EATER

Banned
Reaction score
I dunno know son, it seems to me like you kind of like her and dont want to lose her.....but I must add, is she more of a friend like just fun to be around, or a friend that you guys touch and feel on each other and all that.

If she is the first kind of friend, call her whenever.
If she is the second, go out, talk with some more interesting girls, check back with her in a couple of days to see if she is close to where you are to see if you can tap that azz. You got me.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep in contact, but don't sacrifice a ton of time.

By keeping contact, you increase the chances of being able to swing something if you are ever in her town/she is in your town.

Don't waste too much time with it, though. Just enough to keep her on deck for something in the future.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan
If she was a guy - would you ask the same question?

So why for a girl who's "Just a friend".

Treat friends all the same - whether it's a girl or guy.

If you don't wonder how often you call your male friends - don't worry about this one.

That's unless there's somethign else here.
Excellent way of looking at it New Man. I hope it opens dewtsgrad's eyes as to what it is that he is truly asking about. dewtsgrad, understand this, and you'll understand what is it that's actually troubling you.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why bother? Write to her when you get a chance, but you'll be making all new friends soon enough. I burn unimportant bridges like a mofo, girls who just want to be my friend are typically at the top of that list fo sho.

Who wants to have a long distance friend who's a girl? Honestly I write to girls when they write to me and have something important to say like "I'm headed to vegas, we should hook up" or "heard your coming to town we should... get together" Other then that why bother straining your eyes for something that's not really worth all that much?