Should I text my ex on Christmas Day?

B

Bud_Fox

We broke up two months ago. Very messy breakup. She said she didn't want to have anymore contact with me. I tried texting/calling/emailing her so many times to apologize after the breakup but no reply. I even called her father to apologize for the way I treated her, but he told me in a nice way to basically go find someone else.

I can't stop thinking about her. I don't think she is dating anyone right now either. I'm just wondering if I should text her or not. I honestly don't think she would reply anyway, but it kills me to think we were so happy last Christmas and this year we are separated.

It would hurt me if she didn't reply (which is about a 95% chance). But I also think by texting her she will enjoy the ego boost of ignoring me.

What are your thoughts?

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
She's fvcking someone right now. You're an idiot. Don't text, go find someone else.

I feel you, and when I get these feelings, they last in me about 1 week.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My thoughts are you are too far gone with this chick. You sound like a
mess. Move on and get yourself together.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never apologize.

Never contact an ex.

Learn that she'll never give a lick about you at all until you move on.

Delly2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea bro. Her feelings for you are done.

Girls are all the same. When they use that "I dont want you to call me no more or text me no more" line they got someone else. Always. Without a doubt. Guaranteed.

If it don't work out with him she may come back to you because your safe. Until she finds a replacement and breaks your heart all over again.

Her pops gave you some good advice. He obviously knows whats going on and knows she got someone else. So he told you to go find someone else. He has to be on his daughters side so he can't talk about how shady she is.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She doesn't want your clingy ass. No Contact challenge

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just think of how stupid your gonna feel after the call. That should give you strength not to call...

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While you're clinging to this last thread of hope you will never be able to move on, meet someone new and enjoy your life. You're just prolonging the suffering and humiliation.

What's more, it sounds like you're really annoying her and creeping her out. All those happy memories you shared will be tainted by all this obsessiveness so in time to come she won't look back at you fondly, she'll look back at you as the creep she wisened up to.

demezel

Don Juan
Reaction score
you are a mess, get it together, You know the time you are spending trying to accommodate your life to this chick will never come back right?? your life is a melting candle. Find other chicks and fvck them because my friend when you'll be dying you will regret all the precious time you wasted on this one chick, either you apologize or not it is not gonna change the way she eats, poops or fvck.. MOVE ON.... can't believe you've been on this forum for so long, not a good example to newbies like me

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you do DO NOT text her or call her. It's over man. Just move on. I'm sure she found someone else, and you should too. I know it's tough, we all know it's tough but we've been there.

And something else, everything in life that is tough whether it be getting over a past relationship, the passing of friends and family, losing a job, failing a class in school etc.. It's tough because it affects your ego. You just have to roll with the punches and continue in life.

These moments also help you reflect on your life as a person and give you the opportunity to learn and grasp new things about yourself and the outside world.

Examples..
Failed past relationship - You can learn what you want, and learn that this particular woman did not provide what you want. You can learn to be less needy, and pick yourself up and better your life.

The passing of friends and family - You know that life is short and existence is a very precious invaluable concept. You have to take life by the horns and live to the fullest.

Losing a job - You did not work hard and/or efficiently enough. Perhaps this job was not your true calling. Now you have the opportunity to seek out better opportunities.. You now know what it takes to prevent getting fired or laid off.

Failing a class in school - You failed because you did not apply yourself hard enough. Talk to your professor more if you're having a particular weakness in any of the covered material. Study more and party less. Set sub-deadlines to get a huge project done before the complete deadline to avoid the stress of cramming.

See what I mean?

If you call this girl on Christmas, you are demonstrating to not only us, but yourself that you did not learn anything from the relationship you had with her. She was not the one for you (no matter how much you may think) specifically because she is not around for you anymore. You can't take this to heart or let it insult you. You were not meeting her needs, and she was not meeting yours. No relationship can work in this case. You just have to move on and find a relationship that does meet your needs.

With that being said, good luck my man. You'll be over this soon enough. You just have roll with the punches and learn from the past.. Because those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat their mistakes.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I almost don't believe the OP isn't a troll. It should be so obvious what the answer is to anyone who reads anything on this website.

Stop prolonging the suffering, dude

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
The only hope is that she contacts you on Christmas. Otherwise she is not worth thinking about.

Having Oneitis is like blowing a trumpet in an echoing cave. Eventually you run out of breath and the cave runs out of echo.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounds too rediculous to not be fake. Probably making fun of recent posts like this.

B

Bud_Fox

I'm going to therapy over this breakup. First session tomorrow. I have some other issues that need to be dealt with. Namely coming from a family with mental health issues. I also need to deal with stress, jealousy, quick temper, minor sex addiction, etc. Being single during the Xmas season with a dysfunctional family doesn't really help.

demezel

Don Juan
Reaction score
why you trolling my friend??