Should I tell a girl with BF that i like her?

Jonathan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really like this girl I met in high school 3 months ago, I was about to ask her to go out to with me but I found out she had a boyfriend from one of her friends. We're friends and everything right now but I have a sick feeling in my stomach like i have to tell her the truth.Should I tell her I have feelings for her or should I just remain friends with her and move on?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, never TELL a girl you like her. Hint at attraction, flirt, but always keep her guessing. Telling a girl outright you like her is like laying your cards down in a poker game. You lose!

Instead, you need to build tension and trigger her feelings. I've a history of winning girls from their boyfriends, but if they're in a serious relationship, I wouldn't recommend it.

Secondly, don't feel guilty about liking someone. That's extremely negative conditioning!

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course you should tell her that you like her! Then she'll say, "oh Jonathan, I like you too!" Then she'll leave her bf and the two of you will fall in love, get married, and live happily ever after, just like in Disney movies.

However, Disney movies are a load of horse5hit.

We're friends and everything right now
The truth is, you're in the "friend zone". It's doubtful that you'll ever be able to date her, even if she breaks up with said boyfriend.

I have a sick feeling in my stomach like i have to tell her the truth
Verbalizing your feelings to her will cause your friendship to become awkward. It may also creep her out. Women don't like men to vomit their feelings onto them, they want men to show their attraction to them through body language and flirting.

Forget about this chick and find one without a bf. Don't vomit your feelings onto her either.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its funny how if you tell her how you really feel you will have more chances of losing her than if you didn't tell her.
Even if she was single, its the worst idea to tell a girl that you like her, especially when you're already in the friends zone. Telling a friend you like her makes things awkward, and you will be heart broken because once you're in the friends zone its impossible to go into the b/f zone. If you want those feelings to go away all you can do is to act like she's not that important to you, if you do this you will have far better chances of getting with her, plus it will sink in your mind that she's actually not as important as you make it seem.

MacDiddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should tell her... It'll be a good learning experience for you... might even motivate you to read the bible and overcome your initial embarrassment of being punked..

smoke city

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a very recent experience with this sort of thing. I recently have been seeing (dating/sleeping with) a girl who has had a boyfriend of many years. This is not something i usually do -- b/c it's not my style to deal with infidelity -- but for a lot of reasons i made an exception here.
Really for me the thing that made it work is to just take control and determine the nature of your relationship. You talk differently to girls who you're flirting with and girls who are "just friends" You have to make it CLEAR that this is NOT a "just friends" situation -- be intriguing, mysterious, tease her, and most importantly ------don't listen to her moan about her problems!

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe that this is an almost winless situation you've put yourself into. I understand it because I've been through it. It's kind of like digging yourself into a hole. The fact that you like this girl so much kind of means that you've dug yourself quite deep. She could save you by liking you and leaving her boyfriend for you, but that seldom happens in this situation. Even with a girl that doesn't have a boyfriend, it's quite tough. Mainly because of the friends zone that has been mentioned.

Personally for me, once I've dug myself too deep, I do not expect the girl to save me. Therefore I confess my feelings. But this is the important part. You confess mainly because you want to know what she thinks of you no matter what it might be. You confess and you anticipate that she may not want to see you anymore and she'll ignore you. You do all this, feel like shyt for a few days and you move on.

It's easier to confess and get it out of the way because it gets rid of those thoughts of hope and possibility of happiness with her. I doubt you will be capable of trying to 'change' the way you see her so that you don't have to confess to make things easier for you. Trying to change how you feel for someone all by yourself is super difficult unless you've got a vivid imagination and you can actually let this imagination run the way you treat this girl.

You could try and continue being friends and all. But if the sick feeling persists and it's spoiling your day and your mood for life, then tell her and get it over with. Just anticipate the worse. Try to even anticipate her calling you a weirdo and telling all her friends and insulting you. If you can't exactly handle that, then you've got to work on your self esteem and confidence, which is a totally different area altogether.

thekingdooder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MacDiddy
I think you should tell her... It'll be a good learning experience for you... might even motivate you to read the bible and overcome your initial embarrassment of being punked..
Do this, and, hey, if you chill out with the friends stuff and come back as a hardcore DJ, then, things will be different.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never come right and say "I like you." It destroys the magic in the attraction.

^_^

Don Juan
Reaction score
What about if you've farked her...that's kinda my situation right now. Into her, and she never mentioned she had a boyfriend (till he called twice during). I didnt even know a b/f existed until she said "love you too".