Should I make a quick call here?

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo to be short:

Number closed 2 years ago, had a 1minute convo so she doesn't know me at all. Texted her , tried to be C*cky funny she didnt respond well, yet set up a date she flakes 1 hour before when i sended the text: ''looking forward for tonight''

2 days later I texted her real quick, told her on text I got a name for you, but I cant tell you yet, called her and she didnt respond so I deleted her number

Now a week later she sends the text: Still wanna now my nickname :p

Told her: haha cant tell you.. after that some boring text chats

Now im thinking of calling her too make a quick comfort chat (its one of my strong points calling, texting worse) should i make the call or just wait a couple of days and ask her out in stead of a comfort 10min chat on the phone to remove the awkwardness...

DragonBlood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
holy crap a 10 min chat to get her 'comfortable' and a bunch of texts and things all over the place. I only have a 10min-hour chat with my guy friends who I havent talked to in years.

pick up the phone, ask her what shes up to, set definite plans that suit you both and hang up. max call time 1:30min (ish). Dont text to confirm and all the BS in between. Your world doesnt revolved around a date.

As well you can normally take by their reaction and tone of voice that your dealing with a flake. Texting gives far too much power to the girl to use delay tactics. Ive had girls take over 9 hours to respond to a 'date text', no doubt gossiping with their girls how to respond etc. Too much drama not enough assertive action on your part here!

Reaction score
TheGambino said:
Yo to be short:

Number closed 2 years ago, had a 1minute convo so she doesn't know me at all. Texted her , tried to be C*cky funny she didnt respond well, yet set up a date she flakes 1 hour before when i sended the text: ''looking forward for tonight''

2 days later I texted her real quick, told her on text I got a name for you, but I cant tell you yet, called her and she didnt respond so I deleted her number

Now im thinking of calling her too make a quick comfort chat (its one of my strong points calling, texting worse) should i make the call or just wait a couple of days and ask her out in stead of a comfort 10min chat on the phone to remove the awkwardness...
Don't call her. Text her this instead: let's meet up for coffee at so-so and so place at 5pm and I may tell you.

SHE WANTS YOU TO ASK HER OUT AGAIN. She doesn't want your "comfort conversation" or texting buddy. SHE WANTS YOU TO ASK HER OUT. If you fail, you will quickly fall into friend zone and you might as well delete the number now.

You don't have to use the exact phrase I gave to you but your next text should be asking her out with concrete details of WHERE and WHEN. No call. No text convo. Just ask her out. Plain and simple.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dragonblood is spot on, and if she flakes again, never talk to her again..

it's just one girl brah, not a big deal.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her after a week: You never told me my nickname:p

Me: haha im not going too..
hb: why not?
me: you have to hear me say it not read it
Me: but how you doin
HB: well, and you?

texts back and forth for a bit...

me: watching sinister (horror) im not afraid of anything but this movie damn...
HB: i get scared when i watch those movies, I just feel like holding the person next to me !
me: yea?
me: then that person puts off the tv :p
HB: hahah
me: I want to tell you your nickname

she ignored after that last text

good oppurtinity to get some thoughts about my text game

basically this girl ignores it when she doesnt like the text she did that before

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheGambino said:
What did you text her that didn't go well? Also your "looking forward for tonight" is a tad desperate IMO... something more neutral like "See ya tonight" would have been better.

TheGambino said:

Please tell me you waited at least a day before responding. If she disrespects you by flaking then ignoring you for an entire week, you sure as hell better not respond any sooner.

TheGambino said:
If calling is a strong point of yours, I think you should do it after waiting 2 or 3 days (make her wonder). If she doesn't answer, forget about her until she gets back to you. And as someone else said, keep calls short... not 10 minutes.

TheGambino said:

basically this girl ignores it when she doesnt like the text she did that before
Based on your chat log snippet, it seems like you're dragging on text conversations and trying too hard. My opinion, stop putting in so much time and effort... trust me she's picking up on it. Get to the point faster. Do one or two exchanges, try to reschedule then stop. If she keeps texting you, resist the urge to respond. Leave her hanging. Even if you think you have something absolutely hilarious or charming to respond with, just stop. You'll be on her mind, and she just may think you're a busy guy with **** to do.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheGambino

What did you text her that didn't go well?

Something really stupid: She said im in the gym and you? me: okay good how often you go? her: twice a week.. me: thats to low you should go more, ill motivate you! her: ye thanks me: you prolly only go to the gym so you can tell your friends im training:p:p

ye i know its dumb.

she replied 10 hours later well that's not nice of you :)

our date was set up at that point she flaked on it 1 hour before, I had to reassure the date coz it was a 25min drive

TitanSS

Don Juan
Reaction score
you're saying too much in your text messages. a couple texts that are ****y/funny then set up time/date and exit.

Texting her often tells her that you are available to her.

Big Nuts

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Painful texts dude...painful.....tell her you are meeting here "XXXXX" at "XX PM" on "Friday"...if she bites, you're in, if she waffles...NEXT!!!!

Your time is too valuable and that is how you MUST carry yourself. Fuick the gay texting ****.....RUN YOUR OWN SHOW!!!!

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too much work, man. She's just looking for attention and is stringing you along. Stop playing with her and focus on a girl with more interest.

If your next text isn't "lets go out xxxday at XX:00" then forget about her. Either way, she'll most likely flake on you, or ignore you.

Bıtches of every age just LOVE ignoring texts.

smooth_as_silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheGambino said:
she ignored after that last text

She ignores because you're wordy and freaking boring with your texting.
You definitely ain't no Gambino... you gotta go straight for the jugular rather than whirling around.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I already asked her out and she flaked last minute. Could be coz I made a mistake on that c*cky funny text.

I just want to know what's best to follow up with from that last ignore.

I just hate text game but these girls do this allday and guys go along with it.

Any good suggestions on how too follow up from that point (see above text convo and first post on this thread background)

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheGambino said:
I already asked her out and she flaked last minute. Could be coz I made a mistake on that c*cky funny text.

I just want to know what's best to follow up with from that last ignore.

I just hate text game but these girls do this allday and guys go along with it.

Any good suggestions on how too follow up from that point (see above text convo and first post on this thread background)
... dude, seriously? Again, there's nothing to do. If you try to do anything, she'll only think less of you. If you're desperate, maybe try to schedule something again in a week (get to the point and don't even mention the nickname crap)... but it's obvious she's not really interested and is using you to stroke her ego.

If she ever texts you again, ignore her for at least a day or two. Preferably longer.