Should I change my number to get rid of obsessive ex-gf?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I met her from a Real-Estate transaction back in 2008 or so and we hit it off 2009. She is on scizophrenic meds and my family and folks don't like her and I just liked visiting her occasionally for fun stuff in 2010 and a few times early 2011. She called in July 1, 2011 and told me she wanted to buy a house and that I should move in with her when she does. Fast forward to 2013, where she actually bought a house in Hamilton, and then moved to another place, and finally another house. The last time I visited her house for fun-stuff was in December 2012 after a break-up with a girl I actually really did love.

Now, I don't know how time works with these things, it's 2019 right now. The last time I saw her (i.e. this time at a coffee shop) was around June 2013 or somewhere around there. The last time we sexted each other was in January 2016 and I broke contact with her not long after that because I thought a devil attacked me afterwards because we sexted each other and just broke it off any further contact from that time forth. She doesn't seem to care that I got married to someone else and divorced, visited prostitutes or if I got involved with any other girl as long as I go back to her and I can't shake her.

My mom is saying I should change my number. I think that if I keep blocking the different numbers she's calling at that eventually she'll just get tired and leave me alone. I'm not talking to any other girls and I guess I don't see a problem with an obsessive ex contacting me. She saying she wants to pay all of my bills and I don't have to worry about any rent or whatnot if I move-in with her. I think she might accuse me of some nonsense and start stabbing me in the middle of the night if she doesn't take her meds.

This is a business line, I've put the phone on silence so I can't hear it ringing and I'm also missing important calls. Why is this happening to me? Did I mis-lead her or something like that? I thought women had plenty of options. Why is she picking on me? Is this like a bad joke? Should I really change my number?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buisness number mostly, ik that changing my #would be a problem for my buisness.
Also just by principle not gonna adjust my life because of some craziness

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that, of you tell them outright not to call you again, and then you start ignoring their calls, eventually they stop. First step is always tell them to stop calling.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that, of you tell them outright not to call you again, and then you start ignoring their calls, eventually they stop. First step is always tell them to stop calling.
Yes but once the police get involved and she is making up stories that I picked her up in a town that is 3 hours away when I never saw her since 2013 then i dont think you can even reason with her.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buisness number mostly, ik that changing my #would be a problem for my buisness.
Also just by principle not gonna adjust my life because of some craziness
My business is half dead and not a successful business anyway. Do not think there would be that much of a disruption. Can just update some clients and associates as to the new number.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Changing my number because she won't stop contacting me" makes about as much sense as the guys saying "I have an iPhone because my girlfriend has an iPhone." It's not worth the hassle. In fact, that might just be what she wants is for you to do something like that and pay attention to her. Just block her number, and if you can't for some reason, silence her notifications.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Changing my number because she won't stop contacting me" makes about as much sense as the guys saying "I have an iPhone because my girlfriend has an iPhone." It's not worth the hassle. In fact, that might just be what she wants is for you to do something like that and pay attention to her. Just block her number, and if you can't for some reason, silence her notifications.
That was already done. Unfortunately when the police start calling or she gets someone else to call or changes her number herself then blocking is no longer a solution.