Should I call her more or keep no contact?

lastking

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Guys....Broke up with Ex girlfriend close to 8 months ago. We were together for 8 and half years.We were together since she was 18 yrs old. I have tried to talk to her about getting back together but she says that she has moved on. Once in a while I will call or text her and she will mention/complain that she doesn't hear from me but when I talk to her she says that she has moved on. Should I call her more or keep no contact? I would like to get back with her. Any advice??...Thank you!!

update: I suggested that we meet up for coffee recently and she agreed but not sure whether any of this is a positive sign. Most likely not:) I was also surprised to see that she still has a bunch of pictures of me and her on facebook.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let her go dude. She wants the security of knowing you still dote on her, but she is done with you. Go NC and spin some plates and it will be all better.

Johnny Alias

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to let her go. Block her completely so you're not tempted to respond to texts or calls once she realizes you have dropped off the planet. Right now youre coming off as desperate. I've been there believe me.

All relationships end. This isn't a damned fairy tale. Spin plates. Dont talk to her again. When you finally run into her somewhere months down the road you hopefully wont give a crap... and she will notice... but you wont give a crap. Get it?

abe0

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It sucks...you had an 8 year investment....almost like a marriage and you still love her. Unfortunately, it is time to let go and move on just like she has. Sounds like she is meeting you as a friend and I would not put any stock in that meeting. Best, Abe

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm betting that many of us have been there. The urge to see her may override the logic of avoiding an unpleasant outcome.

No one likes to log in and see discouraging advice, but we write because we've been there and hope to prevent others form the same mistakes.

My advice is to send her a text two days before with something like "hate to bail out, but something came up. Cheers" (or sign off with something positive) .

CharlieCW

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in this situation before, she will just keep you with the illusion of coming back and you will get more emotionally attached to her.

Yeah I'm very sorry dude, but the best is to move on. Get a new hobby, do things what you want, hang out with new friends, it will help you think less about her and more about you.