Should I be giving in?

dylkel

Reaction score
Been going out with my girlfriend for a while now, been remaining a challenge, keeping 'i love you's' to a minimum and applied 90% of the DJ mindset.

I'm still learning the concepts and engraving it slowly into my brain for DJism to become nature - I've seen huge improvements already but good things take time.

Anyway our school ball (prom) is coming up in a month and for the afterball, I wanna go and have fun with my friends and create history, but she wants us to hire out a hotel room (which a few other couples are doing) and spend the night together. At first I disagreed and told her that I wanna be with my friends for the night, which she quietly got a little bit pissed at - I think she got a feeling of unappreciation because this is something she's really looking forward to. I came to the realization that it is her prom night and that it's what every girl looks back on when they think of their high-school years. So I've decided to go with the hotel room idea, and dedicate the majority of the night to her.

Basically should I 'wow' her with my attention and dedication, or should I stick to my origional desires?

Thoughts are appreciated

Yo'Mama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to laugh dude. I think the word you were looking for is 'supplicating'.

Gamtiwia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some would say this is a sticky situation while others will say this is a no brainer. But I think you should give the girl what she wants. Not sure how you view these reasons but:

1) Nothing's wrong with letting a girl have a good time
2) IT COULD BE PRETTY FUN
3) Hanging out with your friends sounds so generic and is proly a repeatable endeavor
4) SHE'S YOUR GIRLFRIEND, this could be a critical point in the relationship, the defining moment, the cornerstone, who knows?

If this were just any old night, blowing her off wouldn't be as a big deal. But that's not the case.

Just wondering, are ALL your friends going to blow off their girlfriends just to have out?

Not sure what that other guy Yo' mama was talking about but I don't think that you are supplicating.

Slick Rick-NZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I reckon go with the hotel and all. Perhaps you could take her out with you and your mates for a bit and then go back to the hotel as it would be pritty boring to go straight there.
Slick..