Shiny Shoes

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is it with shiny shoes. It seems like a lot of guys claim wearing shiny shoes is an advantage.

I've been roaming around in sandals/tennis shoes. Even at work, I wear tennis shoes with my suit. Kind of a statement that while I'm professional, I'm not a stiff. A lot of women comment on the tennis shoes/suit combo and it's an easy opener. O, back to my question:

What is with the shiny shoes? Does this work (gets attention/compliment)? What kind of shiny are we talking here. Leather? Rubber?

Sorry for the petty post, I just had to know.

Kitsune

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm... maybe shiny shoes works with the smart or smart-casual combination. Women care a lot about what shoes they're wearing, so it's natural that they shoudl focus on yours.

In my opinion, any pair of shoes is OK as long as they make you look smart and clean.

Mason

Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly.. you just need to make sure that your shoes match your belt.

I've always noticed and it has been said time after time that women look at your shoes. If your wearing a nice suit, have a nice looking pair of LEATHER shoes.

They dont have to be glossy shiney shoes, but as long as they have that leather finish to them they'll be player.

You need to make sure they are polished and clean. Women notice the little things. If your stylin' they'll know it.

It's true we qualify them and all that good stuff.. but you need to make sure that you dress stylish for you. Go with the leather shoes and make sure they match. Thanks for reading.. keep pimpin.

Sasha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls love shoes!
Girls NOTICE shiny shoes first!
Girls will notice dark shoes also, but a nice pair of shiny white nicker will get her attensione in the sence that _you are clean and knows what to wear_
Girls notice sh_t like that!

brenbaus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont wear shiny shoes, I just rock my K-Swiss, but, whatever works for you guys

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I'm dressing up, I wear classy black leather shoes which I spit shine. Those badboys SPARKLE, you can see your reflection in them. And chicks love it. The number of women who comment on my shoes is amazing.

Tip for young players: Learn to spit shine shoes, ask anybody who has served to teach you. You'll notice the difference. It shows pride in appearance and detail in the little things.

It also fits in with my theory that chicks like sparkly things... like diamonds, Mercedes, credit cards... lol.

Reaction score
You can have my Doc Martens when you pry them off my cold, dead feet :) (The shoes, BTW, not the combat boots).

Sloopy

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, nothing looks worse than tennis shoes or sandels with a suit. It doesn't send the message that you're professional but not stiff. It is much more likely to send the message that you hate dressing nice and just do it for work - that you don't really understand what you're doing. Trust me - that combination looks horrible to anyone who really knows how to dress (i.e. most girls).

As far as shiny shoes, definitely go with nice, leather shoes. Bostonian has some nice stuff. I have some shoes with rubber soles and some with leather soles. It just depends on the type of shoe. I pretty much only wear dress shoes and girls comment on it all the time. I've had a lot of girls say things like "This will sound funny but one of the first things that attracted me to you was your shoes. They just made you seem so mature and together."

I dress nicely all the time and I find it really makes a difference.

But seriously - tennis shoes and a suit is NOT the way to go. I think that very often, even if girls are curious about them, it's probably not in a very positive way. It's more of...an "item of interest."

Those are my thoughts, at least.

~Sloopy