Shes giving me the runaround....help!!

Joshua75

Banned
Reaction score
I had made a date with a HB8 on saturday for next friday. I told her I would call her on Monday to confirm the plans and tell her where we would go. She said ok. She seemed interested because I didnt let her manipulate me. I took the lead.

Anyway, Monday is here and I called her and i get her F***** answering machine. NO, I DID NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE. I dont leave messages until after we go out on at least one date. What do i do now? Shes online because I see her name is showing she is online.

Should i send her an email telling her our plans. Should I blow her off? Is she testing me? Should I call her on her BS? I need help.

Josh

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chill man. If it's possible, try not to make such things a big deal. Take it easy and take it simple.

So she doesn't pick up her phone. Fine, lots of people don't pick up their phones sometime. So you didn't leave a message. Fine, I don't too. So you see her online. Fine, sometimes people are in front of their computer and kinda get lost in it and not notice calls. What do you do? Ask her if she's still up for going out online. If she doesn't reply, fine, maybe she's not in front of the computer after all. It's not supposed to be such a big deal. Because if she doesn't respond the first time, it doesn't mean that she's blowing you off. Because if she's not interested in going out or blows you off, you shouldn't be bothered.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a prime example of why you *shouldn't* call to confirm anything. There is nothing to be confirmed - when you have a place and a time it already is confirmed.

Assume she likes you, assume she is coming. She'll call you if she gets into a snag and leave it at that. You just ran into some answering machine BS. Maybe she isn't home and on MSN somewhere else. Stop with the confirming the day of thing - you might as well say to her:

"I'll see you at <place> <time>; but, I'll call you that day to see if you have got any better plans with someone more fun than me so you have an opportunity to cancel out and keep me as your backup plan."

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flexion_ said:
....... Stop with the confirming the day of thing - you might as well say to her:

"I'll see you at <place> <time>; but, I'll call you that day to see if you have got any better plans with someone more fun than me so you have an opportunity to cancel out and keep me as your backup plan."
I disagree with this statement. Why should she consider you a backup-plane? I would rather say "I'll call you if other things turn out with my schedule".

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't let the answering machine trip you up. It's no big thing. Since the plans were not specific you hosed youself a little there and left yourself hanging.

If you did not contact her yesterday or today(night): Call tomorrow. You were VERY busy and just could not get to it until then (unless she has caller ID from the first call, then your sunk). Get it? Still, Making her wait is a GOOD thing. Matter of fact, you might be too busy Fri, right? Make it later. What's the hurry?

Anyway, my two bits. Hope you didn't call her 3 times, e-mail her 4 or we will have to kill you.

Natch

Don Juan
Reaction score
flexion_ said:
you might as well say to her:

Yep. I agree with flexion on this one.
Amoka, try to read the posts before you answer them.

Still , who makes plans more than 3 days in advance? And in any case , what are you doing taking a girl to something you wouldn't be doing anyway?

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Natch said:
Yep. I agree with flexion on this one.
Amoka, try to read the posts before you answer them.

Still , who makes plans more than 3 days in advance? And in any case , what are you doing taking a girl to something you wouldn't be doing anyway?
I don't dissagree with making arrangements in advance. What I won't do is to be considered a second or "back-up" plan for a girl. If she really wants to go out with you, she'll make plans to meet-up with you.