Setting up a date... spontaneous or in advance?

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the best way to set up a date or to ask a girl to hang out?

Spontaneously (i.e. the day of) or

A day in advance (i.e. "we should see a movie tommorow...")?

I tend to ask the day of. I feel doing that helps you come off as more confident and relaxed. The only problem is that sometimes they've already made plans for the day/ evening.

From you're experience, when is the best time to do it?

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone have feedback on this?

I figure it's a pretty general advice that lots of us would like to know.

I see pros and cons to doing it both ways, I just like being spontaneous because I think it shows confidence... am I right?

Bigg Boss

Don Juan
Reaction score
What ever fits you. Wannabe DJs will tell you "Set it up in advance so you can act like you got other things to do prior!"

But really, sometimes it would be a good idea to pull a spontaneous move. You just gotta know how to do it.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bigg Boss said:
What ever fits you. Wannabe DJs will tell you "Set it up in advance so you can act like you got other things to do prior!"

But really, sometimes it would be a good idea to pull a spontaneous move. You just gotta know how to do it.
Thanks, I think what you said is true. It can probably go either way.

Any advice on how to "pull off" the spontaneous move? I think I do it decently, but there is always room to improve!

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definately spontaneous! Just ask them what there doing right now, and tell them what your planning on doing, and invite them to come, but don't ask them to come!

Just be like ' Hey, I'm going to the movies, you can tag along if you want' Then if they say no then just call up another girl, and go anyways. You'll notice that they will flake less on you if you make dates on the spot! Like seriously I never make my plans with my friends it's always been spontaneous, why treat a girl differently.

easylover

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you've been seeing her for a while, most girls won't go for spontaneous... they'll either have something on or they'll make something up. Why? Because girls aren't like dudes. They need more than a couple hours to work out their outfit, do their hair, consult a psychic, bathe in mango juice or whatever the **** they get up to.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
easylover said:
Unless you've been seeing her for a while, most girls won't go for spontaneous... they'll either have something on or they'll make something up. Why? Because girls aren't like dudes. They need more than a couple hours to work out their outfit, do their hair, consult a psychic, bathe in mango juice or whatever the **** they get up to.
Thanks for the reply. To specify, I mean spontaneous as in day of... Maybe calling at 3 if you want to see her at 6:30... would that give them enough time?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
easylover said:
:up: Yes, what he just said.

Not only that, but they need to ring up their girlfriends and tell them all about it and overanlyze everything, etc.

Best advice, from my experience, if you kinda know the girl or have talked to her, you will know if she's the spontaneous type or if she's the type that needs everything planned and likes to be in controll.