Secret Service Snatch Test (SSST)

reBourne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any of you guys here do kettlebell workouts? and if yes have any of you done Secret Service Snatch Test or SSST for short?

Mentally and physically tough test. I went through my first test yesterday.

If you don't know what SSST is, it has very simple rules:

- Kettlebell 50lbs (24kg) for men and 35lbs (16kg) for women.
- 10 minutes.
- Perform as many kettlebell snatches as you can within 10 minutes.
- You can rest and switch hands as often as you want.
- At the end of 10 minutes, it is the total number of snatches you have done. Both arms.

From research I've done 200 is a respectable number to aim for.

My goal is to hit 200 reps, but I felt short.

Today my upper body is very sore. It was a great short workout.

Any of you guys done this? Are you planning on doing one?

Taistelukalkkuna

Don Juan
Reaction score
How long have you been training with kettlebells? First year or two might go just to build the base endurance and strength.

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive done this. The russians over in Russia compete against each other doing the 10 minute test. They have to have correct form and the most reps win. Some of them perform an incredible amount of reps in the 10 minute test.

reBourne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Taistelukalkkuna said:
How long have you been training with kettlebells? First year or two might go just to build the base endurance and strength.
I've been working with kettlebells for about 1.5 years now. First 6 months I focused on the basics, to build up the proper form and technique.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did this tonight at home with my 16kg kettlebell since I didn't feel like going into the gym today (where they do have the 24kg's). 164 reps, was drained. To compensate, I did an additional 10 minutes of bodyweight calisthenics. Squatted 435 lbs. yesterday at the gym so my legs were already spent going into tonight's challenge.

reBourne

Don Juan
Reaction score
bmxcetera said:
Did this tonight at home with my 16kg kettlebell since I didn't feel like going into the gym today (where they do have the 24kg's). 164 reps, was drained. To compensate, I did an additional 10 minutes of bodyweight calisthenics. Squatted 435 lbs. yesterday at the gym so my legs were already spent going into tonight's challenge.
Nice man. Good to see you go through it.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the workout idea. I watched people do this online and realized I was doing a bit extra, I was beginning each rep from ground-level. One guy had 297 reps!