Second time going out with a girl and she paid for the dinner... what is going on?

lost&confused

Reaction score
This is the second time I went out with the girl I like. The first time we went out for lunch after class and I split the bill.

2 weeks later, I called her up to ask her out for dinner and she agreed. After the dinner, when the bill came she wanted to pay for it. I told her I will pay for it. She then said this is her treat and therefore she is going to pay and I could treat her in the future.

In the end, I let her pay for the dinner.

The date went very well, she was laughing alot from what I am saying and was very happy. There was almost no dull moments. She complimented serveral times on how much she loved the food and and the place. During our conversation, I noticed her mentioning alot of "future" get together activities like future dinners, going out together to certain places etc..

So I am just wondering about the bill part, is it because she was so happy that she is willing to pay for it or it has some other more mysterious meaning behind it?

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if it were me i just wouldnt worry about it dude, over-analyzing can drive anyone insane

Ted_Dee

Reaction score
Make a joke of it next time it happens.

"Hey, just because you're buying me dinner doesn't mean I'm going to put out tonight." ...or something to the effect.

Fash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude,

I quite like it when a girl does that. Just make sure you pick up the bill next time you go out for dinner.

Sounds like she is really into you. So you should be concentrating on other things rather than WHY she paid.

:)

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OOh! a girl likes you enough to spend money on you! whats the profound mysterious meaning! just relax and enjoy it man

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as she mentioned you paying NEXT TIME, that is a good sign. It suggests she hopes more of you in the future and is attracted. Good job. :up:

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who pays for that dinner should not be your priority but you need to look how affectionate is this girl towards you.

Did you kino her? how did she react? did you kiss her? how did she react? Those are the kind of things you should be looking for on a date.

snobby

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the suggestion of responding with something humorous, throwing humor into your conversations and different situations is always a great thing and a key point for attraction.

And I also agree that who pays the bill is not something that should concern you. This girl was talking about future dates, which means that she WANTS to go out with you again, and that means she is feeling a certain attraction towards you.

The reason I am responding to this thread is to congratulate you lol, and to add something with "dinners." I personally think it is a great thing that SHE actually paid and not you. Women don't like guys because they buy them dinners, flowers, gifts etc (unless they just take advantage of you). Women like guys for who they are INSIDE, their personality and how they react to certain situations - their confidence, their self-image, their social skills, and so on. Buying women dinners will not cause her to feel attraction towards you. First you don't have to show signs to a woman that youre "in" for her right away. WHY would you buy her dinner? If you treated her just like your best friend you would be completely calm and laid back, and you would let him pay for HIS dinner. That is why on first dates I usually always let her pay for her dinner, and I pay for my own bill. That is what I recommend doing on first dates.

Otherwise you will just seem to her like a wimp who tries to earn her attraction by bying her dinner when he just met her. Women are turned off by this. They like a guy who is in control of himself. So if she paid the bill this time, that's great. But because she did, make sure YOU pay the bills next time - and you will also have a REASON to pay the bill.

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're a couple dates from slamming your sausage down one of her holes.