Rumor ruins everything

42-Colrath

Don Juan
Reaction score
A perfect example would be what just happened to me. I had a beautiful prom date. I had a crush on her for a while, didnt do anything wrong, and she and I bonded extremely well. All of a sudden, a week and a half away from prom, she goes completely wierd. She then cancels prom on me and half-way ignores me in school. (she would say hi, but not come up and talk to me) Then tonight on aim, a week after prom has elapsed, my ex-prom date gives me her reasoning for her wierdness. One of her friends told her that I was going to try to force my prom date to have sex with me at prom. I didnt know how to respond. I just told her that I would never do anything to hurt her and that the statement was completely false. Chances are, the relationship is now completely destroyed. She liked me and I liked her. It wouldve been a great relationship, but rumor destroyed it. I dont know where to go from here. I guess just not talk to her anymore...i dont know what to do. i wish there was a way i could fix this. i feel so wierd right now

JayCamx23

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh man can i relate .something like this happened to me just a few months ago. i had this chick who a few years ago had bigtime oneitis for. after ignoring her for a while things started to click. at the semi formal in january, we had a great time dancing with each other, and the time i didnt spend with her, she would appear out of no where and grab my ass. the following week or 2, she would come up to talk to me before each of our 2 classes we are in together. i was pushing all the right buttons. kinda ignoring her somewhat, despite her yelling my name everytime she passed me in the hallways. i was in complete control. then, it turns out that someone told her that i used a pickup line on her to dance with her at the semi. i found out about this because someone asked me about it. i was just like,"what are you talking about?". someone told her for some reason that can not be explained and she no longer talked to me. i knew something was up when she stopped talking to me. in the following days and for just a couple weeks i thought about what i should do. at first, i wanted to talk to her about it. but then, i just kept telling myself that im better off without her. and it works. i think about what our relationship would be now if that never happened almost every day. its hard not to when youve had massive oneitis for a chick for so long, gotten over it, and get a second chance.
today, our relationship is weak. we hardly ever talk. ive noticed how she wants a friendship with me, cuz she thinks i want her. she waited for me one time after class a few weeks ago. i teased her and made her laugh. but i can just tell that she wants nothing more than to be "just friends". i could just feel it. but thats not what i want. i now want nothing to do with her. id go for her again if she wanted me. but as for right now, we pretty much have no relationship. we havent had a conversation in weeks. and ive nexted her bigtime.:)

as for you, i would say that if you just ignore her for a while, she might come back to you. in my opinion you can only prove that you dont need her if you can prove to her that you are doing perfectly fine without her. the best thing for you to do would be, if you can, is to get another prom date. that way shed see that you have no problem not being with her. good luck

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love rumors about me. They lead to such suprise when the girl finds out they arent true. Examples:

Rumor: Evan is a f*cking stoner Truth: Evan hasn't done a drug in his life
Rumor: Evan goes out and parties all the time Truth: Evan works all the time. When He goes out, he likes to mix it up.
Rumor: Evan is a man-***** Truth: Evan is a man-***** with a smooth charming side, and actually is very selective on who he gets with

get the point? The idea is not ot make a big deal about it. Tell her it was bull and continue on from there. Just let her know that if the girl isn't into it from the get go, then it doesn't sound like fun.

Zerotwoonenine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sad story man, try to ignore her for a while and see how she responds, also try to explain things as soon as you can, but dont do it like a wuss boy.
If she just want to be friends or doesnt respond, next her man, there is nothing you can do about it.