Road/Trail traces (5k, 10k, etc) are not good places to meet women

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've probably done close to 40 races over the last 15 years and never once met a chick from it (not even close)

I just did one this morning and one thing always holds true.

People usually go with their significant other or their friends and don't converse with outsiders.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been involved in the whole road/trail running race scene.

I couldn't imagine them to be good venues for meeting women. Your statements about them seem realistic to me.

Are there ever any reception tents/nearby bars at the end of races where approaches could happen?

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been involved in the whole road/trail running race scene.

I couldn't imagine them to be good venues for meeting women. Your statements about them seem realistic to me.

Are there ever any reception tents/nearby bars at the end of races where approaches could happen?
This one had beer, but it was still tough.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The community as a whole would benefit if you went into more detail on why this is.

People usually go with their significant other or their friends and don't converse with outsiders.
Why do you think this happens?

Are competitive runners as a whole more male than female? Among female runners, do you think the majority have boyfriends or husbands? Would you be able to roughly estimate a percentage?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I have some more details I'd like to know.

1. You live in suburban New Jersey, close to neither New York or Philadelphia. Are these races in suburban New Jersey, New York, or Philadelphia? You live in one of the worst counties in New Jersey for seduction. Some of the New Jersey counties nearer to New York are passable for dating and seduction. I might think a race in New York or Philadelphia could be better than one in a dead zone of New Jersey. In Texas, a running race in Dallas has a better chance of success than one in Abilene or Tyler, though all might stink.

2. Does the type of race matter? Any difference on 5k, 10k, half marathon, or full marathon?

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to be 50/50 mix of male to female and only a small percentage (myself included) seem to go to these races by themselves.

I don't think the type of race matters, but I have only done 5K, 4 mile or 5 mile.

Most of my races have been in suburban NJ or the Jersey Shore, but I have done a few in NYC and they were no different (people not socializing too much with outsiders)

You have said I live in dating wasteland, and I am not going to argue with you about that one. How do you know so much about NJ?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Meh, I would never want a scrawny chick that runs long distance...skinny fat doesn't look good when the clothes come off.

They have the type of asses that are squishy and soft instead of firm and hard. Effectively they use their jeans as a push up bra for their ass the way saggy titted women use their bras to push their boobs up.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have said I live in dating wasteland, and I am not going to argue with you about that one. How do you know so much about NJ?
I have known some people who either grew up in New Jersey and/or have lived there as adults. The ones who have lived there as adults have needed to date while living there and have told me about dating there.

Also, general knowledge about population centers can tell me about things are in certain USA cities.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@oc16

As @SW15 mentioned, you may live in an area that doesn't have a great dating market. However, you'll find that this is a common issue in virtually every metro area of the country, it's just that some places are worse than others. Relocating or looking to play in a different dating market is not necessarily a quick fix to all of your problems.

The modern dating market sucks, so I'd factor in things like job/career prospects, lifestyle, access to hobbies you enjoy, etc. when choosing a location to live in. For me personally, I really like places that are warmer and where you can enjoy the outdoors almost year round. I also like areas that are not heavily crowded but not so rural that access to amenities that I want are limited (gyms, grocery stores, etc.). I also want access to an airport that is reasonably close.

I currently live in AZ but considering relocating in the near future and planning on traveling a bit to check them out. I have Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada and Texas in mind, also may consider Utah as well. Dating market is not really a factor I'm considering and it's purely lifestyle and just looking for a change of scenery. Also a very high likelihood I may just stay where I'm at, as I'm incredibly comfortable and doing quite well.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi oc16,
Down here Bush walking is very popular,usually a gender imbalence favouring the Ladies but very friendly,the culture being that people chat in couples as they walk,a great place to meet a Lady who enjoys nature,exercise and the great outdoors.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi oc16,
Down here Bush walking is very popular,usually a gender imbalence favouring the Ladies but very friendly,the culture being that people chat in couples as they walk,a great place to meet a Lady who enjoys nature,exercise and the great outdoors.
Where are you located?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you may live in an area that doesn't have a great dating market. However, you'll find that this is a common issue in virtually every metro area of the country, it's just that some places are worse than others. Relocating or looking to play in a different dating market is not necessarily a quick fix to all of your problems.
There are many reasons why an area doesn't have a great dating market. Three common ones are below...

1. Insufficient total population
2. Insufficient population of unmarried people (area commonly attracts married families)
3. Is located near a bigger city/metro area that overshadows it and attracts all the unmarried in area.

Sometimes these reasons can overlap.

Central New Jersey would generally be a combination of #2 and #3. Some of the counties that comprise Central New Jersey actually would have sufficient population. Monmouth and Ocean Counties are both over 500,000 in population but they are somewhat spread out. 500,000 people in an area is a sufficient population level on the surface. Ocean County isn't a large land area by Texas standards, but there isn't a city in that county that is densely populated. Most of Central New Jersey is people who are married and/or not looking to date new people. It is close enough to New York and Philadelphia that anyone unmarried and looking to date would choose to live in those areas but it is also far enough away from New York and Philadelphia that dating someone in those areas would be challenging. A woman who lives in New York or Philadelphia isn't going to have much of an incentive to date a man in Central New Jersey because she has so many choices available to her in her big city.

On a separate note, I think your point about relocation is valid.

In a lot of cases, relocation doesn't solve dating problems. There are times where it can work but it overall has a mixed record in solving dating problems. A lot of times a relocatee is moving to a big city where he has zero social circle. Relocations (especially repeated relocations) weaken social ties to an area. Those social ties/social connections make it easier to date in an area. Sometimes a relocation can make a difference in moving from an area with one of those factors above to a bigger city/metro area.

The modern dating market sucks, so I'd factor in things like job/career prospects, lifestyle, access to hobbies you enjoy, etc. when choosing a location to live in.
This is true. I addressed this exact issue in Post #5 on the "Observations on Dallas' Scene" thread.

Dallas is one of the biggest metro areas in the USA but a rather mediocre mating market. Even with Dallas' mediocre mating market, there are appealing aspects about living in Dallas.

If one of the biggest metros in the USA is a mediocre mating market, it makes someone wonder how bad some smaller areas might be.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score