Responding to "I love you"

The_Reaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a fact most of you guys are well aware of: if a woman knows you are really into her, her interest in you will decrease. Now, when a LTR GF says this to you (I love you) - yet you still want to maintain this slight aloofness, instead of just replying "I love you too", what else could you say - without hurting her feelings or being an ass hole: Just something to let her know that she cannot take your affection for granted.

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
um... how bout... "I love you", back!? lol

Its ok to love a chick!
And hopefully by the time a DJ expresses such a level of quality to a chick back, she already knows through his consistent actions of being a self-respecting MAN, that she cannot take his affections for granted!

You can still be a mystery, you can still remain in your power, etc etc etc.

You young bucks get too easily mislead by some of the information here.
Its about being a MAN! Not some vampire game spitting robot.

Enjoy the fruits of life to the fullest, your a GOD and this is EDEN.
Just next time EVE says "here try this apple"... tell her "NO!"
(then go to EVA and tell her to make you a steak, your hungry...lol ;))

...all there is to it.

wrender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its ok to love a chick!
Sure. But what if you're not at that point yet?

My favorite reply was from Han Solo, in ep5 as he was being lowered into the carbon freezing chamber:

Leia: "I love you!"

Solo: "........I know"

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me...his post sounded like he was afraid he would lose his technically correct DJ "coolness" at the expense of just keeping it real.

But if not... then your Han Solo answer is def. gold, agreed.

The_Reaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DarkLight said:
To me...his post sounded like he was afraid he would lose his technically correct DJ "coolness" at the expense of just keeping it real.

But if not... then your Han Solo answer is def. gold, agreed.

The thing is I ALWAYS tell her I love her too, but I just wanted to mix it up a bit, that's all. I'm definitely no game-spitting social robot.

wrender

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this thread has potential. Personally, I'd like to see people ring in with all kinds of different responses to "I love you". Because all I got is "I love you too." or "I know" (in a C+F kind of way).

how about "me too" (kind of ambiguous)

Instinctive

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a massive tradeoff...you don't want to sound TOO interested, however try C+F and the wrong answer here could put the relationship in trouble. If you are in an established couple, there is nothing wrong with saying it back. If you're not, then a kiss just after they said it is the best bet for delaying the inevitable 'how come you never said you loved me aswell'

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The rules change slightly once you reach certain points with a woman. After you've fvcked and have been seeing each other for two or three months, saying "I love you" back will INCREASE her interest in you because showing some vulnerability builds comfort between two people. Just don't say it too often.

But if you really don't want to say it back, you can usually just lean in for a kiss as a responce without hurting her feelings.

asif

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I don't have a lot of experience with lots of different girls, but: my last gf would use the "I love you..." for lots of different reasons. Usually as a test, or after a fight, or if she just needed reasurrance. It didn't always mean the "I seriously love you forever and we will always be together.." kind of thing.

So, even though I'm inexperienced, I did, occasionally, say "Wow", and kiss her immediately. The words "I love you" mean so many different things. Since we ended up dumping each other I'm a little skeptical of that phrase. Words don't mean sh*t. Actions mean everything.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can always pull a Han Solo and go "I know".

Anniqueginsky

Reaction score
How about lookiing at her in the face pause for a while to create some tension then telling her to her face "You should". This makes them feel that they have to work hard to get your approval:crackup:

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahahaa... thats classic.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well last chick that said that to me I just leaned in and kissed her I think that done more then saying anything to the girl.

PheonixUK

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have used;
I love you
I love you too
Cool! I love me too (bad English I know)
I know
Thats sweet
you have good taste
*kiss* (I hope this forum doesn't censor !<155

Though I haven't used this yet I think the best response might be
I love your good taste in men

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Run. Run like you have never ran before.

Either that or plant a bit wet one on her lips.

loismustdie8000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I'm having one of these little problems. I have known this girl for only a week. We are not exclusive but we may as well be (I'm waiting for her to start that convo). Well when I tease her a bit and she teases me back shes then always says "Oh I don't hate you, I love you really!". Well I usually just go "Oh well that's OK then" and give her a kiss or a hug but this can't keep going on. Do you think she is doing it in a joking way or does she really mean it?

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
She's doing it to hit your insecurities, her way of controlling you.. When she teases you, tease her back.. When she says she loves you, tease her by saying I love me too..

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
asif said:
It didn't always mean the "I seriously love you forever and we will always be together.." kind of thing.
It never means that.

loismustdie8000

Don Juan
Reaction score
unorthodox said:
She's doing it to hit your insecurities, her way of controlling you.. When she teases you, tease her back.. When she says she loves you, tease her by saying I love me too..
This just happened on msn and she practically forced me to say it! I said I love me to then she was going on about who else so I listed a load of guys from the band we are in, I even said my grandma but she still made me say it to her! In the end I gave up and said "OK I love you...a little bit...for now". HELP!